PDA

View Full Version : Deer Takes Down Hunter

xcellu8
12-08-2011, 09:21 AM
It's getting harder out there every day folks.

ALBION, Ind. -- A northeastern Indiana hunter has died after struggling with a buck he had just shot.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 62-year-old Paul Smith of Fort Wayne died Monday during a deer reduction hunt at Chain O'Lakes State Park about 20 miles northwest of the city. It says the Noble County coroner says the death was due to a lacerated liver, possibly suffered during the struggle. ...Full Story (http://indystar.blogspot.com/2011/11/wounded-deer-attacks-hunter.html)

nomoremk2
12-08-2011, 09:23 AM
He got reverse hunted, damn.

driftsucky
12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11793/12076434.jpg

onehundredoctane
12-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Reminds me of the old PC game, Redneck Revenge was it? Where youre the deer hunting renecks!

badbob2121
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/badbob2121/humoroushilariousfunnypicturesofanimals_Deer_Head. jpg

One_love_silvia
12-09-2011, 12:47 AM
too... much....irony....
can't....hold back....comment....

if he was game hunting and not for food, he got what he deserves imo.

sil80owner
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
^^^ i agree...why kill an animal if you don't need to?

K_style
12-09-2011, 04:38 PM
too... much....irony....

LOL please tell that these hunting freaks here in NW...

There was a saying... "Americans go hunting with their full stomach"...

cc4usmc
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Thrill of the hunt.

idahotuner
12-09-2011, 04:50 PM
thats why you let the animal bleed out and die peacefully, i have shot several bucks and been with buddies who have shot deer, the rule is to let it alone for awhile unless it straight up drops, or is suffering. then you need to put it out, but ifthe deer is alert enough to fight, shot it again.

idahotuner
12-09-2011, 04:57 PM
i dont hunt be cause i need the food, i hunt for the same reason i fish, its a rush. And the meat is a bonus, if i could hunt and release i would, i actually catch and release more then i catch and keep when fishing.
this years buck
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/idahotuner/IMG_1319.jpg
and my first buck
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/idahotuner/IMG_3793.jpg

EhrikETFG
12-09-2011, 05:16 PM
dead deer are funny

silviaguy240
12-09-2011, 07:22 PM
too... much....irony....

If you read they were hunting to reduce the over population.

midnightouge
12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Weird troll is weird.

DS562
12-09-2011, 08:08 PM

i hear that in Texas, they actually pay you to shoot the hogs that plague the area

ZenkiKid
12-10-2011, 12:02 AM
PY8vw3BxWcg

One_love_silvia
12-10-2011, 02:45 AM

theres over 6 BILLION people on the planet.

just sayin'.

but thats coming from an animal loving misanthropist.

soreballz
12-10-2011, 10:23 AM
<---- Not a hunter, but understands the need.

If deer weren't hunted to control population, they'd destroy the vegetation in their habitats, more deer would wind up being hit by cars, and many would starve to death. There just isn't enough food to go around in an unchecked deer population. Frankly, hunting them is MORE humane than not hunting them.

idahotuner
12-12-2011, 01:23 AM
<---- Not a hunter, but understands the need.

If deer weren't hunted to control population, they'd destroy the vegetation in their habitats, more deer would wind up being hit by cars, and many would starve to death. There just isn't enough food to go around in an unchecked deer population. Frankly, hunting them is MORE humane than not hunting them.
I wish there was a like button for this

fyneyoungstunna
12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Unchecked deer population.
Well: there was an unchecked BEAR and Mt Lion population at one point. Then they had open season on those guys......and now all of a sudden there is an OVERPOPULATION of DEER......? wonder what it was that the bear and cougars were eating? OOOh the Irony in that. Nature has a way of policing itself.....the unchecked deer population would not go on for more than it needed to naturally....
Humans are such cripplers of the very things they need to survive.

p.s. to the guy who said "i need a rush":
why not try motorsports, or bungee jumping, or hangliding, or.....something else...

silviaguy240
12-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Its a different rush. Yes nature does balance its self out naturally. But that can take years. When they destroy their habitat they live in they move. So that means they cross roads more often and start moving into urban environments. That means they'll start moving into neighborhoods and living in peoples yards and getting more comfortable. So you'll have deer crossing interstates and highways, more crossing of roads means more accidents of people who don't pay attention and cant drive. It needs to be checked, when you have small wooded areas that can home say 100 or so deer, and you don't hunt that, that can turn into 200 deer, and like I said, they cant live there anymore and start moving and causing a lot more problems and accidents. But if we control the population they can keep living where they have been and we have very little problems.

zaneithan
12-12-2011, 12:23 PM
haha i dont see the rush, apparently you sit in a tree and wait for a deer to come, and then with your high powered rifle (totally fair here) you shoot and kill an animal that doesnt expect it nor was able to put up a fight

idahotuner
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Unchecked deer population.
Well: there was an unchecked BEAR and Mt Lion population at one point. Then they had open season on those guys......and now all of a sudden there is an OVERPOPULATION of DEER......? wonder what it was that the bear and cougars were eating? OOOh the Irony in that. Nature has a way of policing itself.....the unchecked deer population would not go on for more than it needed to naturally....
Humans are such cripplers of the very things they need to survive.

p.s. to the guy who said "i need a rush":
why not try motorsports, or bungee jumping, or hangliding, or.....something else...
bear dont eat deer, maybe dead ones, cougars do, cotoytes do, but the thing is deer adapt they can live in cities, with out being bugged, bears and cougars if seen in cities are forced out

idahotuner
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
haha i dont see the rush, apparently you sit in a tree and wait for a deer to come, and then with your high powered rifle (totally fair here) you shoot and kill an animal that doesnt expect it nor was able to put up a fight
this is the problem with city people, its not fair to the deer, wtf you know how much work it takes to be in the right place at the right time. deer are a hell of alot smarter then people realize.

fyneyoungstunna
12-12-2011, 01:46 PM
bear eat deer. ive seen more than one bear take a deer down.
deer do not tend to STAY in human populated areas, but do tend to cross through to get to another area.

I will admit there is a bit of a rush in hunting a deer, squirrel etc. the difference being: where I'm from most of us eat what we kill.
We also do our on population control as most of our individual property acreage is totals in the three digits. What I have always noticed is: yes the population of herbivores increases drastically some years but its also prelude to a good year of crop and an increase of predators in the area. Some people just jump the gun and cant see the big picture when it comes to animal population.

Matej
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Reminds me of the old PC game, Redneck Revenge was it? Where youre the deer hunting renecks!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61KJNGZXG2L.jpg

1 88 U
12-12-2011, 02:49 PM
12, 12, 12!
Cranbrook Deer (Hood Deer) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/KJtGGTn_SY4)

fyneyoungstunna
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
^stop.....oh my god....stooooop.(that's the lady in the original video)
Never saw this vid at all. Dog got punked though... thats what you get for putting sweaters and socks on an animal that was meant to hunt and work....

KrazyS13
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Holy shit that video had me rollin!!

zaneithan
12-12-2011, 05:21 PM
this is the problem with city people, its not fair to the deer, wtf you know how much work it takes to be in the right place at the right time. deer are a hell of alot smarter then people realize.

im actually from upstate NY, where all the NYC people love to come and get drunk and shoot one another in the forest while "hunting"

murda-c
12-12-2011, 05:37 PM
I've killed a deer by tapping it with my car into oncoming traffic before.

I'm a BAMF