PDA

View Full Version : S13 heater core/heat issue

murderrsirenss
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Okay, So im trying to try to explain this the best I can. I HAVE NOT pulled out the dash to get a good look at things yet, im just trying to get ideas for when I do in a week or so.

Okay. I got a new s13 shell, and it has had to be a track car. The PO told me the hvac was removed, but the heat was on a external switch, so I was okay with that so long as I had some type of heat, didnt really care. So today, I looked into the heat situation while making a switch panel and realized, the heater core is on the left side of the glovebox/kinda behind the radio. So I plugged everything back up, and realized 1. it only blows on high, and its annoying loud. Loudness im guessing since it just blows straight out. 2. it only puts heat out into the passenger floor board. So, my questions are. 1. is there anyway to wire up some type of switch to make it low/high. 2. Whats going to be the best way to get the heat up to the windshield so i'll have defrost, and possibly on the drivers side floor board.

Thanks for any possible help.

andrew600
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
you said its only on one switch to turn it off and on? then it will only have one setting which will be high. also it doesnt sound like there is air plumbing in there or it was in the middle of moving or got stuck before hvac was removed. i would find and hvac unit and you should be golden. you will get everything you need.

Darren
12-08-2011, 08:31 AM
you're probably missing all the ducting as well, just gonna have to pull the dash and assess what's not there... i had to do the same when i got my s13, it's a pain, but there's always lots of fanbois stripping that stuff out and giving it away

murderrsirenss
12-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Well im pretty sure all the hvac wiring is gone, which leads me more to believe this was a track car. I might just try to move the heater core and get the stock duct and yadda yadda.

nsfmike240
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM
more than likely why it only bows on high is because your blower resistor is blown because it cant resist and maybe why it only blows on the floor board is because the vents under dash is missing or has been moved around before