PDA

View Full Version : Skyline spotted

ez1286
12-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Today i was on the train to chicago and i saw a yellow skyline r34 at some shop but i couldn't read the name it was in a town called Norwood Park (a suburb just out of chicago) anyone know anything about this?

NZO
12-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Probably an integra.

DRFT
12-23-2003, 12:16 AM
nah man you got it all wrong, it was this car

http://www.dieseldigital.net/media/nopinats2003/images/DSC00362.JPG

ez1286
12-23-2003, 12:20 AM
yeah uhh.......no it wasn't that car (what the hell is that anyway) i'm almost positive it was a skyline though i didn't see the name of the shop though (i was lookin at the car obviously)

JDM180SX
12-23-2003, 12:29 AM
As far as I know the only skyline here in chicago is a Blue R34. BUT, what it might have been that you saw is a Yellow Prelude that has R33 Tail lights. I'll ask around cuz I know a few of the shop owners but I'm pretty sure thats what it was.

ez1286
12-23-2003, 12:41 AM
does this prelude have a front conversion too? and it was an r34, it was yellow with some black "sponsor" stickers on the front

hondaguy
12-23-2003, 01:44 AM
looks like a f**ked up 300zx

JDM180SX
12-23-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ez1286
does this prelude have a front conversion too? and it was an r34, it was yellow with some black "sponsor" stickers on the front

The prelude to my knowledge does not have a front conversion but from a distance might be mistaken? But, then again...If it is another R34 here in the Chicago area...thats cool. I havent heard anything from my people so who knows...I guess we'll see at the next Chicago show. I think they would enter it.

-Eddy

Brian
12-23-2003, 07:30 PM
r34 are pretty rare in US
a yellow r34 is pretty rare.
a yellow r34 in the US is like a needle in 176 haystacks.

No Motiv
12-24-2003, 03:02 PM
maybe it was big bird................wait nevermind big bird is a R33 im sure it was like and accord or and eclipse or some thing :ghey:

pinoydrifter
12-24-2003, 08:51 PM
I spotted a r34 in the bay area, ca. Blue... oh man, it was one of the nicest thing I've ever seen. Thanks- Dom

SilviaSativa
12-25-2003, 12:16 PM
I saw a blue R34 at Waikiki Beach area while vacationing in Oahu last year! It was sweet! Looked like the skyline in the BFGoodrich ads in Sport Compact Car and what not...

jdm-drift
12-25-2003, 12:35 PM
isnt the blue one up there the owner of a shop called "top speed"? maybe he painted it yellow

JDM180SX
12-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by jdm-drift
isnt the blue one up there the owner of a shop called "top speed"? maybe he painted it yellow

Yeah, that's the only R34 I know of here but, I havent heard if he painted it yellow or not.

Maybe I should call him...DUH....

-Eddy

SilviaDriver
12-29-2003, 09:21 PM
who the hell gives a damn if u or anybody spotted a skyline

okay wat if u did wat are u gonan do now? go find the owner?

y ask a 240 forum..go to FA and talk about it in their skyline forum

i juss see no point in posting i spotted this and that

old_s13
12-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SilviaDriver

awesome, i feel so normal now that i am not the only one who feels this way.. :)

- mike

DuffMan
12-30-2003, 11:40 AM
How would you feel if you had an expensive rare car and people posted the location of it on the internet if they saw it?

I wouldn't like it, but then again I am paranoid, so maybe they're cool with it. But maybe not.

SINxSELEKTAH
12-30-2003, 12:18 PM
hmm...i've seen a blue R34 v-spec many-a-times in and around the southbay area (310). met the driver at motorex...turns out he's a PGA golfer under the age of 26 i think...
-Jaysin

JDM180SX
12-30-2003, 06:45 PM

yet, here u are reading the post.....

Anyway, I've met the owner and he is a cool guy. Doesn't mind people talking about his car. He likes the compliments. I would too.

-Eddy

old_s13
12-30-2003, 08:23 PM
jdm180sx> Anyway, I've met the owner and he is a cool guy. Doesn't mind people talking about his car. He likes the compliments. I would too.

DuffMan> How would you feel if you had an expensive rare car and people posted the location of it on the internet if they saw it?

I wouldn't like it, but then again I am paranoid, so maybe they're cool with it. But maybe not.

People who drive attention getting cars, GET attention whether they like it or not -- thats the name of the game. Dont want attention? Dont be a celebrity. Dont drive fancy cars. Dont get a tattoo. Dont be noticeable.

Common sense, no?

JDM180SX
12-30-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by old_s13

People who drive attention getting cars, GET attention whether they like it or not -- thats the name of the game. Dont want attention? Dont be a celebrity. Dont drive fancy cars. Dont get a tattoo. Dont be noticeable.

Common sense, no? [/B]

I agree, and just to mention...the car has been in just about every show the last 2 years. I think that kinda counts as seeking attention. Whether it be promoting your shop or just yourself. And if it is to promote a shop then I count that as the token "SHOP CAR" like, say, the cars that some shops put/get put in magazines, then people will talk and ask about any new things done to it, etc...

I bet that if someone saw say, a URAS shop car around the streets here then they'd be posting, Oooooh, I saw the URAS car today...and there wouldnt be as much fuss.

Whatever, if you dont want to read about it, hey guess what...dont read it! For those of us who want to know whats new in our neck of the woods then we'll talk.

To finish my .02, I could really care less. It's nice to see a cool car once in a while and mention it to a buddy in a conversation. I look at this thread as such.

ez1286
01-01-2004, 11:04 PM

why would you read a thread titled "skyline spotted" if you don't care who saw a skyline? and it wasn't like i was bragging either i just wanted to know if anyone from CHICAGO knew anything about it not some prick from california's opinion.

chokudoriS13
01-02-2004, 05:34 AM
I just spotted an R32 GT-R outside the internet cafe I'm in... and about 25 32/33/34's on the C-1 last night...

<-------- :p :D

jsr20det
01-02-2004, 11:25 AM
I've heard theres about 3 R34s in Chicago, 2 Black ones, and a famouse Blue one. One of the black ones is owned by a Philipino dude, and the other one is owned by a Jap. I havent seen these 2 black R34s but Ive heard of many citings.

The famous blue R34 everybody sees is owned by Tony from Top Speed. He has pictures of it up on the net somewhere near a Bridge in downtown i think....

I have never seen a yellow one, but I have seen a Acura TL with a whole skyline conversion on it, bayside blue and everything. Inside were 2 white girls who were coming out of a walgreens at the time near Old Orchard in Niles.

rfbokle
01-16-2004, 10:09 PM
There are only eight in the U.S and only 4 are legally licensed. My brothers buddy wants to get one but a company he wants to go through is getting in trouble for emissions. So, he emailed all the owners of them (except paul walker) and asked if they would be interested in selling. They want like 150k for their r34's.

xTylerx
01-18-2004, 01:42 PM
List from Sean Morris:
First one was Blue R34 .

White R34 -

Silver R34 -

Blue R34 Vspec II - BFG Car .

White R34 -

Green R34 -

White Vspec II -

White Vspec II Nur -

Silver R34 -

Black R34- Blackbird Motorex .

Blitz R348 -

Bomex Blue R34 - White wheels.

Lightning Yellow was a pretty rare color for skylines and it's not very likley there is even one in the western hemisphere, are you sure you saw one? Chances are seeing a yellow R34 in the USA isn't very likley, chances of seeing a civic or integra with a kit painted yellow is possible since there are a few.

old_s13
01-18-2004, 02:56 PM
I've heard theres about 3 R34s in Chicago, 2 Black ones, and a famouse Blue one. One of the black ones is owned by a Philipino dude, and the other one is owned by a Jap. I havent seen these 2 black R34s but Ive heard of many citings.

Stupid mother funkers just never realize that certain words are just wrong for use.

- Mike

4sfed180
07-21-2006, 10:43 AM
lets clear this shit up.

there is a yellow skyline in chicago land area. the guy that owns it is john. its a RWD R34. its not a GT-R. it is fully street legal...at least in illinois. he imported it along with a black s15 silva, trailored both to florida, and had them registered. it cost him 35k for the total price of the skyline, including buying, import, and legalizing it. his insurance is 304 dollars every 6 months. I saw his car at Touge Factory two days ago where my buddy eric works.

for all of you that say its not possible, go suck a dick, i saw it driving around my area for the past two weeks.

s13silvia03
07-21-2006, 10:46 AM
way to bump this old ass thread for that stupid shit....

You fail at the internet

ThatGuy
07-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Good for you, you spotted a Skyline. Yippie-shit! Pay attention to post dates next time. No one really cares that you saw a real Skyline 2 YEARS after this debate took place. Especially if you're gonna come in and start telling people to "suck a dick". Pull some shit like this again, and your gone.