PDA

View Full Version : Damnit no luck finding an S13 coupe!

S13Driftmonkey
12-22-2003, 11:29 PM
help I need an S13 coupe on the east coast for under 2k! Its impossible to find any! I do not want a fastback!

mvaters
12-22-2003, 11:52 PM
ok

ca18guy
12-23-2003, 01:20 AM
www.autotrader.com

:ugh:

goodjuan
12-23-2003, 04:17 AM
If you're set on a coupe, you MUST be patient.

I waited went through months of checking autotrader until i got mine (5 speed 90 no sunroof straight body 1500 =) )

I admit though, there were times where i almost caved and got a hatch (there were so many!) But in the end i'm glad i waited it out...i got exactly what i wanted. Why settle? this is gonna be YOUR car for a long time, probably

Set your search results and add it to your "favorites" so you can check it really quick. good luck.

Bbandit
12-23-2003, 09:58 AM
yes yes
just be patient, when i was looking for a coupe 3 years ago, i waited for months (3 months total) until i can find one...
back then, the ratio of coupe vs fastback i found was 1 : 10
yep! every 10 fastbacks i found, i only found 1 coupe... one!.. uno!
back in the days... but yea.. keep searching,
search autotrader, search your local or other close city's newspapers, search ebay, etc.
good luck! im pretty sure you'll find one soon

S13Driftmonkey
12-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Autorader and ebay! I HAVE NOT FOUND ONE WITHIN 300 Miles of here.

black s13
12-24-2003, 11:10 PM
youve got to look harder. i just got a 91 coupe with no tranny for $200. theres a two-tone coupe for sale here in charlottesville, no idea how much he wants for it though.

YoungRookie
12-26-2003, 09:37 AM
It seemed as though i was in this same situation as were most of the coupe owners. I just waited it out for 2 months even tho i was not in need of a car since i was 14 at the time, i thought of going to our local auto auction and lone and behold there was a red 92 se 5 spd coupe, i waited one week to see if it sold and it didn't so i went back next week and bought that son of a bitch for $300. straight body and everything. Actully look on www.masondixonautoauction.com you should be able to find one on there close within your range since your in DC. good luck in your search

The ROMAN
12-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Yeh I looked for a coupe for like 3 months, and then just bought a hatchback.

nismo skyline
12-26-2003, 02:15 PM
it took me about 6 months to find a local 91+ coupe, keep looking and be patient never settle for just anyone that comes along.

lol i even left notes on about 4 cars

S13SilviaGirl
12-26-2003, 04:15 PM
yeah, uhmmm. Mine took forever, and I had to buy it on the spot. She was ugly no doubt (don't tell her though, she is sensitive). It took LOTS and LOTS of TLC to clean her up. She even had to get a new KA cuzz her SOHC died. But she is running good, makes some good HP for a KA, and is looking like her sexxxxxxxxy 14 year old self after a new paint job and a facelift for the door dings that idiot people put in her over the years. Coupes are RARE. Especially any after 90. they were manufactured most in 89-90. Be patient and when you do get one, drive like an old lady! haha.

0kami
12-27-2003, 09:01 PM
I also wanted a coupe, dating back to the first drift issues on super street, probbaly back in the 9th grade, back then most people saw them as ugly half ass 240's but now, EVERYONE wants a coupe...... lmao, anyway, I worked for this car for over 2 year's (part time) When I found the money I couldnt find any coupe's, but later I did in MIAMI, and my first car, is a Base model 93 5spd Coupe (no sun roof) , with LSD!!!!! yes LSD! dont ask.
I just found out I had it yesturday :) Every night i stare at it, and i couldnt be any more happy.. u also get mad jdm tyte respect :bow:

zero.counter
12-27-2003, 09:16 PM
This thread makes me appreciate my 1989 rolling chassis with a parted engine for $75 even more!

Keep looking dude, you will find one.