PDA

View Full Version : I need help in socal,

handinpants
12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I hate when friends offer their help, and when it is needed they are no where to be found, though they could still be sleeping right now. if anyone out there has a Honda/Acura Crankshaft Pulley Holder please let me know, its a matter of life and death, as i need to do this today if i want to go to work tomorrow. I have a way to come pick it up, and can leave a deposit with you, or what ever, 310-713-7101 is my number

and yes i know this is a nissan forum, but you guys have always come through being helpful, i am in 90034 area

-steve

dwheat_23
12-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Ive done plenty of honda work, and never used a crank pully "holder". you have a few otions to remove the pully bolt without the special tool. The best way is removing a small cover on the bellhousing, which will allow for a prybar to be used to hold the flywheel from turning, while breaking bolt loose. another option, not very good, but it works, is to use oil filter plyers to grab the pully, you can get a cheater bar on the plyers for more grip. ive used both methods, with much success, but garauntee that bolt is fing tight. good luck!!!