PDA

View Full Version : Va: Wtb: Ka24de

lbs_ft
12-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Name: Trace
Means of contact: PM, this thread

I'm looking for a complete KA24DE motor to scoop up so I can start stripping it and rebuilding it for boost. I need the block and head, internals, and the exhaust and intake manifolds, as well as the fuel rail / attached sensors / etc. I don't need a blown-to-shit motor with a hole in the block, the better the condition, the more I'm willing to pay and drive. I want a nice twin cam, preferably low miles, preferably stock, preferably clean, preferably in perfectly working order with little to no problems whatsoever.

I'm willing to drive a couple hours in any direction depending on the condition and price of everything. The nicer and/or cheaper the engine, the farther I'm willing to drive. Don't expect me to drive to Florida or Maine unless it's gold-plated :rofl:

Let me know what you've got and we'll work from there. Thanks in advance!

lbs_ft
01-02-2012, 02:28 PM
the KA in my car just became a ticking time bomb today, so I'm on the market for a replacement ASAP.

xnyc
01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
got 2 s13 ka24de. come take both for 180. Good for spare parts or rebuild. No damage. Both oil pans are tapped for oil return. Also have 2 s13 5spd transmissions available if you want i can throw in with the engines for cheap. let me know 347 783 9568
-George

lbs_ft
01-03-2012, 05:13 AM
Where are you located?

Detroit.Tee.Tee
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I am in Detroit,Michigan and I JUST pulled my 1995 KA24DE to put my RB25 in. It has a blown head gasket. I'll take $200. I'll even give you the auto trans to scrap to make some money back. The engine is out and sitting in my garage. Engine ran GREAT until I got a little overzealous with the timing and blew the head gasket. Complete engine. Intake, MAF, Head, Cams, Sensors, EGR block-off, NEW water pump, NEW thermostat.

The engine only warmed up under load. I idled it for over an hour after the gasket went.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv86/carmextwo/240SX/2011-11-06_11-34-34_721.jpg