PDA

View Full Version : Old-school crotch rocket for sale/trade

docrice
12-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, need money for the 240, so the bike has to go...its a 1983 Kawasaki GPz 750 A1 (basically a ninja, but ninja name didnt start til '85....this is almost the same thing maverick had in "Top Gun", 'cept his was an 84 GPz 900..) runs well, starts right up, all accessories work...bought it as a bike in need of minor work, but time and money (aka college) forces me to choose between bike parts and car parts. its got about 29k miles, mostly highway (comfortable to cruise on unlike most newer rockets), extras such as jet kit, K&N Filters (4), kerker pipe (very mean sounding), and maier smoke speedscreen. Since i bought it i fixed the electrical system, which had a few bad wires, so all lights, horns, gauges, etc. work (including digital gas gauge, very spiffy for a bike older than i am). Before my purchase the owner had the brakes and suspension redone with new gaskets, fluids, pads, etc. What it still needs done is a minor tune up, clean the air filters out, resync the carbs, etc. all very easy but once again, time consuming. Also, it leaks a little (very little, like 1/5 qt. every 400 miles.) oil from the head gasket...don't worry, since its air cooled the gasket does no damage, just mists out a little oil from time to time. i was going to replace it ($85 for entire engine gasket kit), but it seems like a lot of work for such a minor thing. Also note that insurance is very cheap for the bike since its old enough that i got it declassified with my insurance co. as a sportbike, cut insurance in 1/3.

Now to the money part: I'm asking $1100 OBO for the bike, but i'm open to trades. Any performance, suspension, aero, interior, etc. parts for my s14 (all current mods/info in my sig) will be considered. But please be realistic, i had no use for a ball bearing turbo or a FMIC unless its coming with the other stuff i need to make it work...Things i'm looking for (specifically, not limited to): LSD, aftermarket sway bars, coilovers, cams, Z brakes, Race seats, carbon hood, nice 5 lug wheels, etc.

email me or PM me for more info. [email protected]

docrice
12-23-2003, 10:25 PM
bump

docrice
12-26-2003, 09:38 PM
Bump...man i knew it was the wrong time of year...but the bills don't wait til warm weather...

s13er
01-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Bump for a clean bike

gogeeta13
01-13-2004, 07:38 AM
I am interested, but dont have room for it till the spring. I will also probably have some 91 cams to trade if you want those...maybe other stuff as well by the spring. I am in ohio, so not too far away..

docrice
01-13-2004, 01:33 PM
sounds cool. send me an email ([email protected]) when you're ready and i'll let you know if i still have it. I very well might, since everyone i know is in college, therefore they're broke too, plus i haven't advertised it locally yet, waiting til spring to do so. Just let me know.

Brian