PDA

View Full Version : STANCE GR+ 2way vs 8611?

Driftingcorners
12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Probably a long shot, but does anyone have any experience with either? With the cost of going 8611 being nearly equivalent to one of Stance's top of the line coilover, decided to see if anyone has used either and what their impressions are. There are a ton of reviews for the 8611 but not so much for the gr+ 2 way :(.

This will be going on a pretty serious street/roadrace car :).

memphis180sx
12-04-2011, 11:52 AM
idk whats in your budget have u looked at kw,moton,and Fortune Auto Dreadnought series.
ive had my eye on those ever since they came out.

Driftingcorners
12-04-2011, 11:59 AM
idk whats in your budget have u looked at kw,moton,and Fortune Auto Dreadnought series.
ive had my eye on those ever since they came out.

2k-2500, unfortunately motons, ast, etc are all out of my price range :(

shalezzz
12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
2k-2500, unfortunately motons, ast, etc are all out of my price range :(

i think fortune autos dreads with swift spring are like like 1800 ish, from what i hear theyre pretty legit

codyace
12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Koni 8611 and Richard's Lower housings are the only way to fly if you have a 'pretty serious street/roadrace car' as you say. True adjustability, quality parts top to bottom, and rebuildable.....not to mention proven performance across many different cars that have been tracked forever.

I'll *never* consider another setup for a 240sx other than the 8611 setup.

FWIW: And by no means take this as a typical internet dickhead/elitest comment, buf if you can't afford the Koni setup then I can't see how your car is a 'pretty serious street/roadrace car'. Food for thought. If you're going tout of your way to change all of the links and doing the setup right, then why would skimp on the most important part? It's like cooking everything from scratch for thanksgiving, and then buying a Turkey from the store that just needs a reheat...

Def
12-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't see how putting another adjuster on a junk damper makes it any better...

The Konis feel great.

If you want to knock off quite a bit on the price of the Konis, get 8610's all around (the compression curve they have works well on an S13 front and rear), and buy the coilover sleeve/springs used. If you're resourceful you should be able to get a full 8610 setup for around $1500-1700.

e1_griego
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I've had Stance GR+ and now have 8610s all around, and it's night and day -- not even comparable, really.

The Konis ride so much better and don't unsettle the car at all over bumps midcorner. I have half a koni setup sitting around in pieces that I'm contemplating selling, if you're interested. Was gonna put it all together and sell it complete but I might let it go in parts. PM me if you're interested.

Briou
12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I have the Tein Mono Flex's and I love them...if you keep them at a reasonable hight they ride pretty smooth....and they are right at 2k on 240sxMotoring.com

Silverbullet
12-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Koni 8611 and Richard's Lower housings are the only way to fly if you have a 'pretty serious street/roadrace car' as you say.

I just had some housings made by Richard a few weeks ago. He offered a really good deal for them, and I'm sure he'll do the same for everyone else as well.. so its hard to pass up going with the Koni 86xx setup.

azndummie
12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
8611's are cheap and easy. I would definitely go that route but you also have the choice of KW competiton if you want mulitple spectrums of adjustability with compression and rebound.

initial_jc
01-25-2012, 11:42 PM
I got kw's rides really nice; but I'd like to learn about the koni setup

slider2828
01-26-2012, 12:18 AM
8611's are cheap and easy. I would definitely go that route but you also have the choice of KW competiton if you want mulitple spectrums of adjustability with compression and rebound.

8611 with housings and adjustable top hats are not cheap by any means bro although I have had no experience on their feel... they are kw v3 price so around 1500 for all the parts plus you need the time to build them.

I have had experience with Stance GR+ and would totally pass on those. Feels like megans or any other cheap brand. KW V3, are very nice, but you need top hats because they do not come with them. They feel great, but its like you pay 1500 and then buy top hats which run you probably another 2-300.... and they don't go that low.

If you are serious... you can have or find some higher end apex's which are good or PBM with swifts... Would be your best bet....

Walperstyle
01-26-2012, 12:21 AM
I have stance GR Pro, SSD. They are nice, but Its still not something I would compete heavy with in time attack. If I was serious, I would seek out the cars that are winning races.

but also realize BC, stance, and HSD are made in the same outsourced factory.

ManoNegra
01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I would jump on the entry-ish level Koni setup this guy is selling if I still had an s13:

S15 Diff and Def's Wilwood Brake kit - Nissan Road Racing Forums (http://nissanroadracing.com/showthread.php?t=3284)

Beejis60
01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Ya, that's a good deal for sure. I spent more than that on my Bilstein riggings and I didn't have to buy any housings....
The biggest issue I have with koni's is the revalving fees; they're almost double that of bilstein AND almost every place I've ever seen rebuilds and revalves bilsteins.

Def
01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Ya, that's a good deal for sure. I spent more than that on my Bilstein riggings and I didn't have to buy any housings....
The biggest issue I have with koni's is the revalving fees; they're almost double that of bilstein AND almost every place I've ever seen rebuilds and revalves bilsteins.

An 8611 can handle a HUGE range of spring rates - not sure why you'd really need to revalve.