PDA

View Full Version : Whats with these newschoolers?

old_s13
12-21-2003, 10:08 AM
http://www.autocarparts.com/images/projectZ/Lights/Rear.JPG

http://www.autocarparts.com/images/projectZ/Lights/FrontL.JPG

Vinyl overlays, headlight covers.. blah blah.. what is WRONG with 350Z and some of these G35 owners? They have options to spend money on quality parts like turbo kits, super charger kits, big brakes, big wheels.. and these guys run off and spend money on overlays that do nothing other than reduce the visibility of the car and look like boooh-tay.

I am SO confused.. time-warp back to 1995 when dynamax exhausts were cool. I think there is something seriously wrong with the scene. Goodbye 3g Eclipse, hello trade in for 350Z. While the car has changed, the fast and furiouso habits have not..

UGH

NiteKids
12-21-2003, 10:27 AM
They are from Florida. They Simply dont know any better. They are still stuck in the 1990's.

Dousan_PG
12-21-2003, 10:54 AM
hahaha nitekids is funny

that car..sigh...i hope it gets t-boned..put it out of its misery! :wtc:

Fastback180
12-21-2003, 11:05 AM
They also have stacks of Mini Truckin magazines and sport White Snake t-shirts.

russian
12-21-2003, 11:06 AM
yea those headlight covers gotta go. well, hey at least he got a nice lisence plate !:)

DRFT
12-21-2003, 11:33 AM
don't ya know, the car is zweet

russian
12-21-2003, 11:39 AM
zweet zude, u zeting a ZZZZZ!

S14TiNMAN
12-21-2003, 01:42 PM
hmm...not too shabby. :coolugh:

G_Fish240
12-21-2003, 03:32 PM
id drive it....

mbmbmb23
12-21-2003, 04:03 PM
Maybe it's being leased and they cannot afford to make any changes that are more serious (tuning the engine or adding a turbo would void the warranty and is probably againt the lease agreement).

The only thing I dont like is the headlight covers. I know I personally would change up my 350z, they are so cookie cutter looking.....everyone has the silver one and they all look the same. Would you want your 350z to look like every other woman who bought this car?? "hey lady, nice car....ever get on the gas??...no???". Thats why I like the 240's, they are so old, people have more freedom (more aftermarket parts, resale value is way low) in how to personalize them.

Problem with the Z33 owners is that they have money to burn, but dont know where to source the good stuff (JDM), so all they are able to buy is APC or other USDM garbage.

-m

mrmephistopheles
12-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by mbmbmb23
Maybe it's being leased and they cannot afford to make any changes that are more serious (tuning the engine or adding a turbo would void the warranty and is probably againt the lease agreement).

-m

Note to you: those brakes are NOT stock. ;)

Anubis
12-21-2003, 06:38 PM
car looks great, all he needs to do is take off the black covers and it will be sweet.

DJ Machine
12-21-2003, 06:57 PM
personally i think the light covers look pretty cool, with that color scheme,

as long as he takes them off at night

Zemus
12-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Fastback180
They also have stacks of Mini Truckin magazines and sport White Snake t-shirts.

Whats your beef with White Snake...

Also I say if he wanted it to look all blacked out, get black houseing, I think its sick he payed that much for the other stuff, but skimpped on lighting, I had non well rounded cars. Like ppl who have 380HP SR20 in their 240 with stock suspention no LSD.. just stupid

ez1286
12-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by DJ Machine
personally i think the light covers look pretty cool, with that color scheme,

as long as he takes them off at night

They aren't solid black the light comes through them, but i agree the don't look too bad.

ez1286
12-22-2003, 12:12 AM
i just realized as i went back to the top of the screen, he has the rotors on backwards!! Now i'd have to agree he's an idiot.

old_s13
12-22-2003, 12:50 AM
What you guys are failing to understand is:
1) They are not covers, they are vinyl overlays
2) They completely HINDER the amount of light, let alone the functionality of the headlamp

Lets change the situation, someone has an S13 with popups.. lets black them out! WOW! So mean! So aggressive! SO WACK.

As for the rotors, I cant say.. I know they're backwards, but I would imagine that being more purposeful with a slotted rotor, not a drilled. Who knows how much of a difference it makes, I dont.

Not that I am trying to advocate my product, but ANY black housing headlamp would be an improvement over vinyl stick on crap. Here is a Z33 in the same color (I think).. man what a looker!

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/imgs/featcarE01.jpg

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/imgs/featcarC01.jpg

Top one is TT, bottom is SC. Both are in my opinion, 100% DONE RIGHT.

I just dont get why people are so into this 1995 fixed up Eclipse styling.. its so antiquated.

- Mike

mrmephistopheles
12-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by old_s13
.. its so antiquated.

Just like everyone's favorite old_s13!

DRFT
12-22-2003, 01:22 AM
mike, does the TT Z33 have stock paint or paint job? or is it the same color as the SC one?

Anubis
12-22-2003, 05:35 AM
holy shit that blue turbo one is hot as hell! :boink: :boink:

soulDistortion
12-22-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ez1286
i just realized as i went back to the top of the screen, he has the rotors on backwards!! Now i'd have to agree he's an idiot.

Backwards based on what? It's the inner vanes of a rotor that determines mounting direction, not the direction of the slots on the face.

Do you even bother to think about what you're saying before you hit that submit button?

fantasya98
12-22-2003, 11:19 AM
I dont think dats backwards, it seems right to me..

old_s13
12-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by soulDistortion
Backwards based on what? It's the inner vanes of a rotor that determines mounting direction, not the direction of the slots on the face.

Do you even bother to think about what you're saying before you hit that submit button?

Oh smack, he's stepping up to the plate! :)

Son, the Z32 rotors that *I* had were standard brembos that were slotted. Last *I* checked, the standard Brembo blanks were not directional, BUT... the rotors were later labelled LEFT and RIGHT according to the way the rotors were slotted. SO, in that situation, it had nothing to do with the vanes.. it had to do with the slots.

Now, you bring up a good point.. and I am sure its something people should think about when installing their new rotors. But do me the favor slim sheisty, sit yer ass down... thanks.

- Mike

soulDistortion
12-22-2003, 12:13 PM
You're right, Brembos aren't directional (at least my rotors weren't), so the direction would be based on the instructions given by the people who slotted them. I've seen install instructions for both ways (curving towards and curving away), so it's all subjective according to who and where they're from.

The point I was trying to get at, is the brakes on the 350Z this thread is about are directional, are mounted correctly, and that ez1286 was talking out of his ass again.

Now that I know that this 350z is some company's project car makes those headlight/taillight covers even sadder.

Johny5
12-22-2003, 01:50 PM
not to really get into a battle with anyone here...but what do you guys care if his car looks bad in your opinion? its like you're fueled by putting down some peoples work. i'll admit, that might look better with different styling mods. but you know what, maybe that guy actually LIKES what he did to his OWN car...thats tough to understand i know. but you know what, some people might not like the dual square exhaust you have, some might prefer the can look (yes i know thats hypocritical but i never said myself in particular) I also think its funny that some of you might not've posted had old_s13 not posted this because some of you can't get off his nuts.

ez1286
12-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by soulDistortion
You're right, Brembos aren't directional (at least my rotors weren't), so the direction would be based on the instructions given by the people who slotted them. I've seen install instructions for both ways (curving towards and curving away), so it's all subjective according to who and where they're from.

The point I was trying to get at, is the brakes on the 350Z this thread is about are directional, are mounted correctly, and that ez1286 was talking out of his ass again.

Now that I know that this 350z is some company's project car makes those headlight/taillight covers even sadder.

Have you ever had a car with the rotors on backwards like that? The brake pads wear down twice as fast and create more break dust, and my brothers a mechanic so go f**k yourself.

soulDistortion
12-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Have you ever had a car with the rotors on backwards like that? The brake pads wear down twice as fast and create more break dust, and my brothers a mechanic so go f**k yourself.

Wow, then I guess every single one of Rotora's big brake kits are built and installed backwards then. Quick, someone tell everyone they sponsor!!!

Again, try thinking before speaking. It might do you some good.

I don't care what your brother is, the point is you don't know what you're talking about.

Ass.

Wow, they have it on backwards even on the front page of their website! Oh man, they sure are idiots!!!

Got Sileighty?
12-22-2003, 08:19 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p3a9b0d4c56f973899dab84baf7079221/fa42b3ae.jpg

:)

back to the topic...you know that "new schooler" may not like what YOU have on your car, so who the hell cares? some like that vinyl crap on their lights, so what? personally, i dont think it looks bad at all. ive seen a lot worse.

old_s13
12-22-2003, 08:20 PM
"Have you ever had a car with the rotors on backwards like that? The brake pads wear down twice as fast and create more break dust, and my brothers a mechanic so go f**k yourself."

Why? What happens? Does the composition of the pad or rotor change when installed backwards? What would cause the pads to wear MORE by installing a rotor backwards? I am quite confused.

"not to really get into a battle with anyone here...but what do you guys care if his car looks bad in your opinion? its like you're fueled by putting down some peoples work. i'll admit, that might look better with different styling mods. but you know what, maybe that guy actually LIKES what he did to his OWN car...thats tough to understand i know. but you know what, some people might not like the dual square exhaust you have, some might prefer the can look (yes i know thats hypocritical but i never said myself in particular) I also think its funny that some of you might not've posted had old_s13 not posted this because some of you can't get off his nuts."

Because when you post your car on the Internet, you automatically are subject to criticism by assholes like me and everyone else with an OPINION. This is what celebrities deal with every day, welcome to the club. If you cant handle the heat, drive an Accord and be an average invisible individual. People fix up their cars for various reasons, but people PUBLICIZE their cars by putting them on the internet, forums, car-domain, etc.. for ATTENTION.

I dont care what people think about my car, and I dont care what people think about me, nor do I care about what people think about my exhaust. I liked the REMUS, that is why I bought it years ago.. it makes no difference what people think. I think this is what makes confident people unique and why people appreciate that type of attitude. What people DONT like are people who dont think before they modify, ignorance, and trendy bastards who buy "drift-spec" products; considering there IS NO such thing as "drift-spec."

As for being on my nuts, I really dont pay attention nor do I appreciate anyone who cant think for themselves. If its anything people tend to like about me, is how I often manage to put down in words what people are thinking.

ps: There is plenty of room on my nuts to hop on, if you like. :) hehe

- Mike

ez1286
12-23-2003, 12:14 AM
My bad must just be Brembo's, my neighbors car got f**ked up cause they put em on wrong but they were brembos (your still a prick soulDistortion)

Johny5
12-23-2003, 03:57 AM
Because when you post your car on the Internet, you automatically are subject to criticism by assholes like me and everyone else with an OPINION. This is what celebrities deal with every day, welcome to the club. If you cant handle the heat, drive an Accord and be an average invisible individual. People fix up their cars for various reasons, but people PUBLICIZE their cars by putting them on the internet, forums, car-domain, etc.. for ATTENTION.

...and trendy bastards who buy "drift-spec" products; considering there IS NO such thing as "drift-spec."

haha great points

ez1286
01-01-2004, 11:30 PM

Why? What happens? Does the composition of the pad or rotor change when installed backwards? What would cause the pads to wear MORE by installing a rotor backwards? I am quite confused.

[/B]

first of all sorry it took me so lng to reply, slotted rotors are directional. the purpose of the slots are to vent gases formed when the brake makes contact with the rotor out of the area of contact if they are backwards the gases don't escape as well

HiPSI
01-03-2004, 01:26 PM
first of all sorry it took me so lng to reply, slotted rotors are directional. the purpose of the slots are to vent gases formed when the brake makes contact with the rotor out of the area of contact if they are backwards the gases don't escape as well

which would cause fade under hard braking but not necessarily increased wear;)

and it doesn't matter if your brother is a mechanic, my dad's an engineer but that doesn't mean i can design industrial rotary vacuum pump systems like he can:doh:

Maeda
01-03-2004, 03:30 PM
My uncle got a 350z.

"i'm gonna be twin turbo next summer you better watch out!"

"My suspensions too stiff, can I make it more comfortable?"

All this from a 60+ old dude with 8 nismo stickers on his non-nismo anything equipt 350z.

I can't wait to smoke him at the track.

soulDistortion
01-03-2004, 03:57 PM

You're still horribly horribly missing the point. Did you not read anything on the other page? Is it that hard to comprehend?

Look at all of Rotora's big brake kits, which is what that 350z has. Look at the direction of the slots.

http://rotora.com/

Since it seems I have to spell this out: the brakes on the 350z are not backwards.

Now be quiet.

GotDriftS14
01-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Dousan_PG

that car..sigh...i hope it gets t-boned..put it out of its misery! :wtc:

that's kind of a jacked up thing to say.

theronin
01-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by GotDriftS14
that's kind of a jacked up thing to say.

lol bad dousan.... BAD DOUSAN!!! hahahahha