PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Is Wrecking Their Cars!!!*RANT*

brianglawson
12-21-2003, 08:28 AM
It seems as though everyday someone is wrecking a 240sx, i am always seeing new threads popping up saying" yeah i was pulling off a mad drift on my street and went into a pole and totalled my car" or some people are on the interstate and someone does something to make em wreck, and to beat it all most of the ones i see getting wrecked are bloody Koukis. I am on 2 240z forums as well, and alot of people are wrecking z's as well. Nissan almost went out of business a few years ago, good thing they didnt, people are now starting to wipe out all the good things we ever had from them, if nissan went out of business in 20 years if someone had a 240sx they will own a high dollar car for it beeing such a rarity...........

(this thread is no offense to anyone who has wrecked in everyday driving, accidents do happen, i just dont see why all the hondas, and all the korean peices of s*** cant be the ones getting wrecked:(

Wondering what will become of 240's
~Brian~

S13SilviaGirl
12-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Brian, I have a feeling similar to yours. I think that in 20 years from now, the the 240sx, and the AE86's will be considered "collector's" cars. Much like the 67 Camaros and the old mustangs. Hell anything we now look at that has been taken care of and get that look :eek2: :faint: :bigok: and drool over all the love that has been put into the cars. I know I am that way with old cars, like my dads camaro. He has put sooo much work into that car and it still isn't close to being done and I admire that car sooo much. One day our kids will be begging to drive our 240's and our corollas around....

mbmbmb23
12-21-2003, 09:31 AM
Collectors car is how I'm looking at it. How else could I justify installing $1,300 coilovers on a $3,000 car?? I plan on keeping my car for a long while, so I treat my car with respect and I try not to take any chances.

-m

Originally posted by S13SilviaGirl
Brian, I have a feeling similar to yours. I think that in 20 years from now, the the 240sx, and the AE86's will be considered "collector's" cars. Much like the 67 Camaros and the old mustangs. Hell anything we now look at that has been taken care of and get that look :eek2: :faint: :bigok: and drool over all the love that has been put into the cars. I know I am that way with old cars, like my dads camaro. He has put sooo much work into that car and it still isn't close to being done and I admire that car sooo much. One day our kids will be begging to drive our 240's and our corollas around....

S14TiNMAN
12-21-2003, 01:53 PM
yea. thats true, i look at them as a rarity already. 20 years from now, my 240 will be sitting in my garage under a tarp. haha. no dust, no dirty. fully built. :boink: ........hey it can happen!

logo20
12-21-2003, 03:33 PM
mbmbmb23 Collectors car is how I'm looking at it. How else could I justify installing $1,300 coilovers on a $3,000 car?? I plan on keeping my car for a long while, so I treat my car with respect and I try not to take any chances.
that's what I used to say untill my car got hit twice, first in a parking lot by I don't who, and second by some stupid thieves in a stolen car. And i have to disagree that 240s will be collector cars. I think old Z's are going to be collector car, if they're not already.

thelinja
12-21-2003, 04:40 PM
drift craze + inexperienced drivers = 240SX population dropping like flies

SimpleS14
12-21-2003, 06:48 PM
I don't see the 240SX being a collector car. This car never left a strong imprint with the U.S. such as the Z. The population is decreasing more and more....but doesn't mean rarity will claim this car as a collector car.

Good example: Toyota Paseo

Chernobyl
12-21-2003, 08:08 PM
240sx will never be a collector's car. Not in the USA. the 240z is just as old as some of the camaros and mustangs, and very very rarely change hands for over $3000, even in great shape. Face it, there are way too many rednecks in the US for a Japanese car to be unanimously valued here.

Dousan_PG
12-21-2003, 08:14 PM
collectors car? HAHAHAHAHAH
that's FUNNY!

too many newbies
too many drif3Rs
too many driftas

too many dumbasses who think their hotshit

please keep crashing them! i need more spare parts. and im out of most people's 'insurance band' so no worries for me too :)

DJ Machine
12-21-2003, 09:08 PM
How the fuck do you draw a parallel between a 240sx and a PASEO???

SimpleS14
12-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by DJ Machine
How the fuck do you draw a parallel between a 240sx and a PASEO???

lol....well....

I wasn't saying 240SX = Paseo...I was saying that this car (240SX) was never a hit in the states at the time of production and was given the axe due to that (and other reasons). Which happen to be similar to the Paseo...and other cars of course. The Paseo just came to my head because I barely see them. :p

Zemus
12-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Hell yea dousan

Their has been a few threads about this before and both me and him say the same thing.

I got a free parts car from kid who bought it for like 200$s from some iddiot who fucked the hell out of it (drifted into a free rail). I ended up getting it for free, sold all the stuff and im 900$s richer.

Keep em comming people, I need more money and more parts.

come on driftas, also we like it when you mod them with good parts, we will take those also. Everytime I see some noob in a 240 they try to show off to me, and ive seen a few hit curbs, I pray one day one will fuck it up hardcore, just for being a fool.

Yea, im done rantting about noobs, Im sick of wasting my time talking about it, you cant stop stuff like this, all you can do is try to benifit from it.

Chernobyl
12-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Lots of elitism in this thread....:rolleyes:

not all 'noobs' are bad, don't blame them for liking a nice car.

sorry, OT

240Driver39
12-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Chernobyl

Agreed...:bash:

brianglawson
12-22-2003, 07:15 AM
240sx will never be a collector's car. Not in the USA. the 240z is just as old as some of the camaros and mustangs, and very very rarely change hands for over $3000, even in great shape. Face it, there are way too many rednecks in the US for a Japanese car to be unanimously valued here.

Z'z rearely change hands for over 3000 bwahahahahaha, thats becasue most zs aare ragged, out and noone has fixed them up, mine cost 1500 and you can go here to see its condition http://www.cardomain.com/id/brianglawson if a z is fully restored or original expect to pay close to 15 20 grand, they are slowly becoming collectors cars, and i will own 30 of them by the time i die by golly, a 240z is the best car ever invented...period.
RANT RANT RANT sorry for the ranting i just love my z:):):)

fastpace
12-22-2003, 08:52 AM

I agree also. For one some f!cker hit my car 2 weeks ago, he almost ran me into a ditch. There is no amount of driving skill that can save you from getting hit. I have autox and a done a few drift events also, but still it doesn't even matter. I still believe that I can drive better than alot of people on the road, but it seems like people don't realize that "shit happens" and you never now when it will happen to you.

sykikchimp
12-22-2003, 09:11 AM
I have a lot of expensive aprts on my car (like a lot of you) that add up to quite a bit more than it cost.. I rag the CRAP out of her AT THE TRACK. I gotta get my monies worth! :D :D

brianglawson
12-22-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by fastpace
I agree also. For one some f!cker hit my car 2 weeks ago, he almost ran me into a ditch. There is no amount of driving skill that can save you from getting hit. I have autox and a done a few drift events also, but still it doesn't even matter. I still believe that I can drive better than alot of people on the road, but it seems like people don't realize that "shit happens" and you never now when it will happen to you.

i hope you arent referring to me, as i posted in my first post that accidents do happen, but im ranting about these inexperienced drivers who go out and try and drift in a location that is not safe and skrew up the cars, i am also ranting about even though its not your fault or anyone else who has wrecked or totalled their car, it just seems like it is happening alot, im not saying you are a bad driver or anything, it just seems everything people are putting their hard earned cash into is getting messed up.......

fastpace
12-22-2003, 02:49 PM
I am sorry if it sounds like I am referring to you, but I am not. I understand where you are coming from. I have spent nearly 2500 bucks in the car within a year and a half and crap seems like it just keeps on happening. I am just venting right now because everytime I look at the car it looks like crap. Oh well that is part of life.

But I also feel what you are talking about people trying to drift when it is not a safe location to.

Dousan_PG
12-22-2003, 02:53 PM
dont feel bad
i have dumped nearly 5-7k into my car in the past 2 years and it still looks like junk every time i look at it.

Mikes14240sx
12-22-2003, 04:31 PM
The production numbers for japanese cars are to high for them to ever really be high dollar collectables. Same for 60's and 70's muscle cars. Unless there one of the limited production versions built only so the car could compete in like trans am, there not going for much more than a lot of the early z cars.

Chernobyl
12-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by brianglawson
Z'z rearely change hands for over 3000 bwahahahahaha, thats becasue most zs aare ragged, out and noone has fixed them up, mine cost 1500 and you can go here to see its condition http://www.cardomain.com/id/brianglawson

My 240z was in 10x better shape than yours when I bought it for $2K, and I sold it for the same amount a year ago. IMO, they aren't worth much more.... same with S13s and S14s. $15k for these cars is just outrageous.... its just a 30 year old piece of metal, no matter how well restored.

just my opinion though...