PDA

View Full Version : remote starter problem after 5 speed

thinhthan
11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
so before i did my 5 speed conversion my alarm and remote starter worked just fine. than after i got done with the 5 speed conversion my remote starter like doesnt crank long enough for the car to start anymore... i can hear it crank for a split second and stop. iono if there was something i was suppose to do after the 5 speed conversion but can anyone help me. i have a 95 240sx se with a clifford 50.7x alarm

fliprayzin240sx
11-27-2011, 09:16 PM
PM Broadfield, he's the in house alarm guru around here. You'd probably have to switch the system from Auto setup to Manual transmission settings.

Broadfield
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
It definitely has nothing to do with the auto/manual setting. Did you install it? How is it set for cranking?... tach, Virtual Tach or crank time? If you tied into the tach wire or an injector is it still connected since the swap? If so, then try relearning the tach signal. Let me know.

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
broadfield im not the one that installed it i had someone installed it for me.. before the swap it would crank for like 3 secs or so and the car starts but now after i did the swap it will only crank for a split sec so it doesnt crank enough for the car to start. the only thing i toke out from the swap is the automatic control module everything else is still pluged in besides the wires from the auto tranny thats still in the car

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 09:49 AM
and how do i relearn the tach signal?

Broadfield
11-28-2011, 10:54 AM
and how do i relearn the tach signal?

Start the car with the key then after 3 seconds hold the button on the antenna until the LED on the antenna turns on solid. Then let off and wait for a few seconds before you turn the key off. If the LED never turns on then tach signal is not hooked up.

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
so i tried that i started the car and after 3 sec i push and hold the botton on the antanna but the led never turn solid or even blinked. but if i arm the alarm it will blink

Broadfield
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
so i tried that i started the car and after 3 sec i push and hold the botton on the antanna but the led never turn solid or even blinked. but if i arm the alarm it will blink

Which means tach signal was never hooked up or isn't hooked up at the moment. Try this:

turn key on to ignition
push the valet button on the antenna 4 times, hold the button on the 5th push
siren chirps 4 times
while still holding the button, press the lock button on the Clifford remote
siren will chirp twice
let off button
turn key off(siren may chirp again)
now remote start vehicle
if it starts, wait till the parking lights turn on
then shut the remote start off with the remote

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
iono if im suppose to put it in acc or the on position but i tried both and i couldnt get the siren to be chirp. i tried to do it in acc mode and the only thing that happen was the remote chirped twice and it say valet thats it. iono what im doing wrong

Broadfield
11-28-2011, 02:59 PM
iono if im suppose to put it in acc or the on position but i tried both and i couldnt get the siren to be chirp. i tried to do it in acc mode and the only thing that happen was the remote chirped twice and it say valet thats it. iono what im doing wrong

Sorry, I forgot the model you have is also security... you will need to have the door open while you do the above process. The key needs to be in the ignition position... which I guess you could call the "on" position.

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 03:11 PM
thanks so much broadfield. my starter works now lol. can i ask what did that do when i did that process?

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 03:16 PM
o yea i had one more question like my heater doesnt turn on when i use the remote start. it will start working onces i put the key in and turn to on

Broadfield
11-28-2011, 06:18 PM
thanks so much broadfield. my starter works now lol. can i ask what did that do when i did that process?

I had you clear the Virtual Tach memory and relearn it.

o yea i had one more question like my heater doesnt turn on when i use the remote start. it will start working onces i put the key in and turn to on

Did it ever work? If so, then I assume you blew a 30 amp fuse on one of the heavy gauge red wires on the main remote start plug. There will be three wires: red, red/black and red/white. They all have a 30amp fuse on them. Start there!

thinhthan
11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
no it never worked with the remote starter. when i realize that the heater wasnt working with the remote starter i tried to contact the guy that installed my alarm and he never answered so

Broadfield
11-28-2011, 06:47 PM
no it never worked with the remote starter. when i realize that the heater wasnt working with the remote starter i tried to contact the guy that installed my alarm and he never answered so

Then it was most likely installed incorrectly. Was this done at a shop?

thinhthan
11-29-2011, 09:47 AM
no it wasnt. i was refered to some guy that works on custom car audio and stuff and this guy worked out of his home and mobile service

copmagnet
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
He forgot to hook up your accessory wire, or hooked it up the wrong way. Not a huge issue, but you have to have someone who knows what they're doing hook that up for it to work properly.

thinhthan
11-29-2011, 10:32 AM
well im sure i can do it if someone can tell me which wire to tap or untap.

Broadfield
11-29-2011, 11:55 AM
It's not going to be that simple. The S14 is the only vehicle that has an accessory wire that needs to be isolated from the switch. On top of that the damn thing has 2 starter wires. The Clifford will have an extra built-in output(Flex Relay) that can either do the 2nd starter or the isolated accessory wire, but not both. So I would suggest using the Flex relay output for the isolated accessory wire and install another relay to do the 2nd starter. I can only assume the installer used the Flex Relay to do the 2nd starter and just didn't mess with wiring up the isolated accessory wire... major FAIL! The bad thing is you may or may not have the needed wires to change this... the installer may have pulled the unused wires out of the harness. I am willing to talk to you over the phone and we can figure it out by you looking at the install and seeing if the required plugs/wires are present. We can then go from there.

thinhthan
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
that would be great if you could and have some spare time.. i would be able to work on it on friday if your free anytime friday that would be cool. pm me your number

2.5T_/<ouki
11-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Same problem here on my S14. Heater or A/C do not work unless i put the key in and turn it to the on position!

Pretty weak! Would have been great to warm up the car; these mornings are pretty cold now

Broadfield
11-29-2011, 02:11 PM
that would be great if you could and have some spare time.. i would be able to work on it on friday if your free anytime friday that would be cool. pm me your number

I would only be free in the evening... 6:00pm or after Central time. Would that work for you? You would want to make sure you have the under dash panel removed and ready to go.

Same problem here on my S14. Heater or A/C do not work unless i put the key in and turn it to the on position!

Pretty weak! Would have been great to warm up the car; these mornings are pretty cold now

I'm not sure how installers/shops let this shit leave their business this way. What the hell is the point of having a remote starter if the heater or A/C do not work while it's remote started!?! I really hate hack job shops! What system do you have? Model # please!

2.5T_/<ouki
11-29-2011, 02:17 PM
I would only be free in the evening... 6:00pm or after Central time. Would that work for you? You would want to make sure you have the under dash panel removed and ready to go.

I'm not sure how installers/shops let this shit leave their business this way. What the hell is the point of having a remote starter if the heater or A/C do not work while it's remote started!?! I really hate hack job shops! What system do you have? Model # please!

Seriously! Well, for me remote start is cool just so i can have the engine warm up before i get in it, but it would be nice to have the accessories work as well!

ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W

thinhthan
11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
yes that would be great broadfield. i would love to get into a warm car in the mornings in this colorado weather. it sucks like its cool that i dont gotta warm up the engine but i would like to get in a warm car to

thinhthan
11-29-2011, 05:55 PM
o yea broadfield im trying to install a cheap remote starter in my girls car. she drives a 98 toyota camry and the remote starter is a python 413.

2.5T_/<ouki
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
I hope you find the answer thinhthan! I too am hoping he has a solution that i could do myself! :]

I would love to get into a warm car as well!

thinhthan
11-29-2011, 06:24 PM
I hope you find the answer thinhthan! I too am hoping he has a solution that i could do myself! :]

I would love to get into a warm car as well!

yes me to i hope i can get it to work. ill let you know friday after i talk to broadfield.

thinhthan
12-06-2011, 10:36 AM
thanks broadfield so much for the help now i can get into a warm car. im guessing there is 2 acc wire cause one of them powers the blower and one of them powers the radio cig lighter. all i did was splice the other white wire and connect the alarm to that wire and reconnect the other wire that the alarm was hooked up to

Broadfield
12-06-2011, 10:51 AM
thanks broadfield so much for the help now i can get into a warm car. im guessing there is 2 acc wire cause one of them powers the blower and one of them powers the radio cig lighter. all i did was splice the other white wire and connect the alarm to that wire and reconnect the other wire that the alarm was hooked up to

Correct, the white/blue is the 2nd accessory that controls power to the radio. But there is obviously no need to have the radio powered up when you are not even in the car... so no need to power up the white/blue during remote start.