PDA

View Full Version : friction on the coilover

andrew600
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
causing the coil to jump around the top perch.
coilovers arent the same, but you get the jist. when i turn the coil turns and studders around the top perch. ive pulled it off loosened everything up threw some grease and tried to move the top perch because i thought it was supposed to move with the coil but i couldnt get it to move. put it all back together, and now there are a whole bunch of little jumps instead of larger ones when i turn. ill take a video if someone thinks they can pin point whats wrong but it only does it on one side and i cant figure this crap out. ideas?
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/282/6ef208051d2d4506b8cf153.jpg

DeepSeaDynamo
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
you could try throwing some torrington bearings in there

they get dirty really quick tho so you'll want to clean them once in a while

word sux
11-27-2011, 08:31 PM
make sure the nut on top is tight enough

what type of coils???

G5SR20240
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Wait? You are trying to turn your rear coils? For height adjustment? Its not
Going to move easily while loaded, the fronts should be the only mount that needs to move and those are on pillow balls

andrew600
11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
i just circled the top. its the front coilovers used to turn the car.... they are stances as well, about 1000 miles on them. brand new.

anywhoo. ill post a video tomorrow so it can be pinpointed better.
what are the torrington bearings you speak of?
ive looked up the bearings and i think this is what i need.
Torrington Thrust Roller Bearings (http://www.daltonbearing.com/Torrington/Torrington-Thrust-Roller-Bearings.asp)
ill have to pull the coilovers off for the measurements, but why should i need to do this? 1100 dollar coilovers and i need to spend some more money to make sure they dont make noise? bs....

Darren
11-27-2011, 10:13 PM
I have the Stance GR+ Pros and never had to do anything

just plug and play, and play, and play some more...

Frankthetankk
11-27-2011, 10:39 PM
sounds like maybe the pillow ball mount joint is bad. do both sides do it?

negrosx13
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
my ballmounts are bad on my car,I hear them tapping away at low speeds

andrew600
11-28-2011, 07:36 AM
sounds like maybe the pillow ball mount joint is bad. do both sides do it?
no just the one side. ill def be making a video today and post it up for you guys.

andrew600
11-28-2011, 07:37 AM
my ballmounts are bad on my car,I hear them tapping away at low speeds
hmmmm i guess this is likely my issue. brand new coilovers........:wtc:

DeepSeaDynamo
11-28-2011, 05:29 PM
i just circled the top. its the front coilovers used to turn the car.... they are stances as well, about 1000 miles on them. brand new.

anywhoo. ill post a video tomorrow so it can be pinpointed better.
what are the torrington bearings you speak of?
ive looked up the bearings and i think this is what i need.
Torrington Thrust Roller Bearings (http://www.daltonbearing.com/Torrington/Torrington-Thrust-Roller-Bearings.asp)
ill have to pull the coilovers off for the measurements, but why should i need to do this? 1100 dollar coilovers and i need to spend some more money to make sure they dont make noise? bs....

One of the write-ups I have read on using Ground Control/Koni's suggested using them, but it sounds like you could use them too.

andrew600
11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
im still bummed that i would need them on 1100$ coilovers that are brand new. there is a bearing hq a couple miles from home ill find measurements and i guess order two.
thanks for the heads up

andrew600
12-23-2011, 09:04 AM
just wanted to update this. i spoke with stance and apparently there were some shipped out with bad pillow ball mounts. getting two new ones shipped out to me pronto. fixed!

Dorifto Machine
12-23-2011, 02:04 PM
just wanted to update this. i spoke with stance and apparently there were some shipped out with bad pillow ball mounts. getting two new ones shipped out to me pronto. fixed!

Was just about to say :go straight to the source if they are new and giving you issues.

Good to hear the new ones are on the way! :aw: