PDA

View Full Version : finding a radio from japan

bchumley
12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
apparently most of the big car audio brands make really nice double din stereos that are only marketed in japan. alpine, pioneer, and kenwood from what i've found so far have some really nice ones. The only real reason I want one is that they all have MD players along with CD players. I've been looking for a nice car stereo with both CD and MD for years now! So, any of you guys on the west coast know where I may be able to find deals on Japanese electronics? I found a couple websites selling them, but only suckers pay retail on electronics. Used to work at best buy, so i'm trying to avoid paying the 40-50% markup.

Thanks for the help.

240_keyy
12-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Hmmm, I havent heard of any, but I once saw a catalog of japanese electroniscs. Holy poopity, they have some NICE stuff over ther. Too bad their radio frequencies are different than the ones we have here :-/

bchumley
12-18-2003, 01:57 PM
I forgot to include these model numbers that I found of cool ones. I am most interested in the pioneer.

Pioneer FH-P009MD

Kenwood DPX-930WMP

Alpine MDA-W988J

bchumley
12-18-2003, 02:12 PM
I believe that all of the ones I listed have different frequency options, so you just pick which one you need. It seems like they're made to be sold anywhere, but they just don't sell them over here for whatever other reasons.

Brian
12-18-2003, 04:34 PM
mmm Carrozeria and Addzest units are sweeet.
i shall get one one day. you can find them all day long on yahoo auctions japan, but you will need to know somebody in order to get one.