PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

RBBaby
12-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Wow, this movie is INCREDIBLE. some people think the last 20 minutes or so just drug on and on, but after 3 hours alot of things can seem boring. Everything in this movie was incredible, I seriously couldnt find a single flaw in it, besides the slow ending, which I personally didnt find to be a problem at all. The acting was incredible, the sets and costumes were amazing, the special effects were spectacular, and the script was fantastic. all these things combine to form my opinion of the movie:

:eek: :bowdown: :eek: :bowdown:

so how about we dont close this thread, and instead we talk about the movie.

aznpoopy
12-17-2003, 01:35 PM
not everyone knows lotr:rotk = lord of the rings: return of the king... based on that, i totally expected your previous thread to be closed ^^ . seriously though, everyone who's really into these movies, go read the silmarillion. then you'll actually understand what's going on in LOTR. can't wait to see it tonite btw.

nocomedown
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
that movie was awesome. a bit long, and the ending did seem to drag, but believe it or not, they did leave out quite a bit. i also didnt like the beginning scene very much...just kinda useless. aside from that, everything was really well done though, and i definitely want to go see it again soon.
i wouldnt reccomend the movie if you didnt like the 2nd one or havent seen the first 2. if you did like them though, GO WATCH IT NOW

RBBaby
12-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by nocomedown
i also didnt like the beginning scene very much...just kinda useless.

ur nuts man, that intro was GREAT!

s14falcon
12-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Ok, I just got home from seeing it, and all I can say is that it was spectacular. Everything was great, the battles, the story, and the ending was alright, even though it did slightly drag. I was wondering if he would end it like the book, and yeah, he did. I really need to see it again, I guarantee i missed tons of stuff. Anyway, go see it, its great, the best of the three.

SimpleS14
12-17-2003, 10:39 PM
Just saw the movie all I can say is..........NICE. Everything about it was good and done nicely. The ending was just going on and on and on. This has to be the best movie I've seen this year.....followed by "Kill Bill" and "Matrix: Revolutions".

I'm going to watch it again since I know I missed some stuff......just had to take a bathroom break during the movie :p .

If you enjoyed pt 1, pt 2 and your a LOTR whore (fan)

WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!

I'll be sure to buy the trilogy pack when it comes out. :coolugh: Even though it will cost around $80.

K240
12-19-2003, 07:49 PM
I liked the movie also. Most people who havent read the books probably thought that this was all that was needed for the whole movie. Actually they did leave a good hour or two more out of the story. I would suggest to someone elso to see it if they liked the 1st and 2nd lord of the rings. Im kinda sad to see it end. :wtc: lol

RBBaby
12-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by K240
I liked the movie also. Most people who havent read the books probably thought that this was all that was needed for the whole movie. Actually they did leave a good hour or two more out of the story. I would suggest to someone elso to see it if they liked the 1st and 2nd lord of the rings. Im kinda sad to see it end. :wtc: lol

oh, its not over, thats for damn sure. just you wait. we get extended versions of all 3 movies, and they're GONNA make a hobbit movie too, thats for SURE. and then the extended version of that. there will probably be 15+ hours of quality tolkien movie by the time its done, and thats assuming they decide not to make another 40 hours of movie for silmarillion. I dont know how they would divide that up though.... 20 movies?

nocomedown
12-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RBBaby
oh, its not over, thats for damn sure. just you wait. we get extended versions of all 3 movies, and they're GONNA make a hobbit movie too, thats for SURE. and then the extended version of that. there will probably be 15+ hours of quality tolkien movie by the time its done, and thats assuming they decide not to make another 40 hours of movie for silmarillion. I dont know how they would divide that up though.... 20 movies?
i'm all for it. all of Tolkien's books are amazing. as soon as RotK comes out in extended edition DVD, i'm sitting my arse down and watching all 3 extended editions in a row without any pauses. if i can survive that, i can survive anything.

SimpleS14
12-19-2003, 10:51 PM
Shouldn't they have a trilogy pack with all three extended version DVDs?

Cause that's what I'm waiting for. :bow:

SilviaNinja240
12-20-2003, 03:59 AM
***SPOILER WARNING***

Excellent movie! I hope this starts a new fad of fantasy genre in hollywood, and we'll start to see more of these sorts of movies. Anywho, I just came from watching it tonight and I'll all hyped! I'm going to probobly be in Lord of the Rings mode for a couple weeks until I find something else to get excited over...
but, I noticed a few things in the movie and a few other things I'd like to comment on..

firstly, I noticed this in part 2, but now I'm certain since it happend again in part 3. Okay.. I've made the connection that the Lord of the Rings shares an errie similarity to WarCraft 3 for the PC.
(there are trees that move and attack stuff, Orc, Elves, Humans, and yes... even the deadites, flying dragon thingies (I think they are called wryvens in the game), the giant orge guys, there were a couple more, but I forget. maybe other people who've played the game can think of more inferences.

secondly, Doesn't the Orc general at begining remind you of Sloth from the Goonies?

thirdly, why does Frodo get all the attention, Sam was the dude that 86ed that spider, all them Orcs, PLUS carried Frodo around while Frodo was all like "no *whines* I can't do it *more whinning*" Sure, in the end Frodo got his act together, but still...

forthly, what's up with Gandalf and his magic? Like when that dude was setting himself and his son on fire, i'm like "CAST A WATER OR AN ICE SPELL!!" but noooooo... Or durring the battle, why doesn't he shoot lazers from his staff or something, sommon an aeon or some kinda beasts (he finally does, i'm not sure if it's intentional or not, with the Raptors), but he could have you some other magics more in the movie I think.

fifthly, I was hoping the Lord of the Ring Wraiths chap was going to put up more of a fight. He regulated on some people, but then got killed off pretty quick. He looked pretty wicked and hardcore, but then he gets stabed in the leg by some hobbit and gets wasted without much of a fight.

sixthly, If you ever go to war... make sure a army of ghosts fight on your side. There is NO WAY (and I stress that) you could lose. After winning that battle if I was Aragorn, I'd be like "well.. before I set you all free, mind if you do me one more small favor.. pretty please. Just storm into Mordor real quick and kill everyone, then I promise I'll set you free... for realz this time!"

Seventhly, Kate Blanchett is hooooooooooooooot!

Eightly, I'm expecting the King of Elves to put on glasses and a dark suit and say something like "Mr. Aragorn... so nice to see you again."

I'm sure there's more, but I'm just too tired to remeber it all, but anyways..

***END OF SPOILER*** (for thouse who have yet to see it)

mistaanime
12-20-2003, 09:53 AM
heh...yea I needa go see it..the first and second ones made me go to sleep..but I saw some previews and the fighting scenes looked really good.