PDA

View Full Version : Stock cd player

sdubz
12-15-2003, 02:37 PM
im a bit embarassed to ask this newbie question, but how come my stock cd player doesnt play burnt cd's? i have a 95 LE 240 (canadian) and the cd player works fine playing store bought cd's, but when i stick in a recorded cd it just spits it back out. i tried different brands of cd's too. My friend has a 95 maxima, so im assuming the cd players are pretty similar, but she has no problem with burnt cd's

thx

THX1138
12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
A lot of older CD players (car, home, portable, whatever) don't recognize any homemade CDs. Some will read them if you use the "music" CDs, but not "data" discs. Some will play the 74-minute discs, but not the 80-minute ones. And some are picky with CD-RW vs. CD-R. You just have to experiment and find out what, if any, yours will play.

I just waited till my entire factory system (tape deck) crapped out and got new Infinity Kappa speakers and a Pioneer Premier CD player that reads any stamped or burned CD, MP3, and WMA files.

Phlip
12-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Because, your stock CD player SUCKS... Mine sucked too, and thatwas the reason it was out of the car once I realized it wouldn't play burned CDs...