PDA

View Full Version : New personal website. Need input / comments.

Jeff240sx
12-15-2003, 11:41 AM
The previous company associated with my website bought their own servers and changed names, so with the transfer of servers, my site shut down. During that downtime, Alan of Obsidian-Hosting and I worked on a new website layout.
I'd really like it if you guys took a look and gave me input.
Thanks!
-Jeff

http://www.obsidian-hosting.com/filestorage/240sxturbostyle/240sx.html

camppain
12-15-2003, 12:56 PM
real nice man! Do you go to any sites that have flash tutorials? I have a few books on it, but sometimes its boring to read.

Overall very nice layout and design. Clean and concise.

Jeff240sx
12-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Anyone else? It's not thoroughly complete, missing a few sections and a few items on the car specs.. but overall layout. Anyone have comments or things they'd like to see different?
-Jeff

soulDistortion
12-16-2003, 01:29 AM
My useless two cents:

I'm not digging the "240SX TURBOSTYLE" text. It's a combination of the jaggedness, the font, and the placement that irks me for some reason.

My suggestion: Align it left or right (as it stands, the negative space surronding it makes it look just sort of... floaty). Also, do something about those jagged edges. I think that in itself is what's making me not like the font.

Also, the content text is a little hard to read, as there needs to be a little more contrast between the black text and the background (as the background is a little on the dark side).

Other than that, the layout and general navigation I dig.

240sxspeedracer1
12-16-2003, 11:40 AM
its ok, but I hate to see any website that generally looks like a carbon copy of another. Imagine how many others look exactly the same except for the words. That's just me though.