PDA

View Full Version : SADAAM CAPTURED, maybe!

G_Fish240
12-14-2003, 03:37 AM
wow this is some big shizzle, if he is, i dont know what to think, they say he is alive too, have to wait for conformation, this will certinly make bush look better in elections..........

G_Fish240
12-14-2003, 04:21 AM
haha i spelled Saddam wrong, i blame it on 3 am with no sleep :)

R K e 1 C A
12-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Glad they finally caught Mad Ass (his name spelled backwards)…that’s how I remember that S.O.B.’s name

R K e 1 C A
12-14-2003, 05:08 AM
The latest from CNN News:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/12/14/sprj.irq.main/index.html

R K e 1 C A
12-14-2003, 05:16 AM
Simply, “We got um” by Paul Bremer (U.S. Administrator)

Great words

whateverjames
12-14-2003, 06:21 AM
Fuck yes. The day has come. Thank you god.
:Owned:

-E-
12-14-2003, 07:55 AM
http://24.59.109.135/pichost/pic//OWNED!!!.jpg

balmo
12-14-2003, 08:15 AM
a sigh of relief. i was surprised to see it pop in msn news when i turnbed on the computer. i kept on reading the article and it was for real!

97DubTruck
12-14-2003, 09:14 AM
lets kill his bitch ass :axe:

finally:aw:

G_Fish240
12-14-2003, 12:58 PM
think this will change the election? I think it might a little

Phlip
12-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by G_Fish240
think this will change the election? I think it might a little Unfortunately, this will change the election, the fact that they have Hussein in custody will increase Bush's chances at reelection...

old_s13
12-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 97DubTruck
lets kill his bitch ass :axe:

finally:aw:

Well, I never met the guy.. nor have I had a cup of coffee with him, so I really cant judge him.

I dont know how anyone judges people they dont know anything about.

No doubt, his reputation is far from anything great.. and yes, a lot says he should be killed and all that fine and dandy stuff. BUT, who's doing the thinking here, YOU or the ILLUMINATI?

I never trust the media, thats for sure.

Chernobyl
12-14-2003, 02:14 PM
edit: forget it, I don't want to post my political views on public forums....

nocomedown
12-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by old_s13

knowing about him and knowing him personally are two very different things. in this case, it's not at all wrong to judge Saddam

aznpoopy
12-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Well, I never met the guy.. nor have I had a cup of coffee with him, so I really cant judge him.

No doubt, his reputation is far from anything great.. and yes, a lot says he should be killed and all that fine and dandy stuff. BUT, who's doing the thinking here, YOU or the ILLUMINATI?

i blame it on majestic12 :D but seriously, i woudn't be surprised if they had him the whole damn time and they were just waiting for morale and popular support to get low... then BAM. we got him, every1 is happy and bush's approval rating soars. i thought it was strange they found him in a hole looking 'disoriented.' this is the guy that was coordinating all those attacks on us troops? i wonder if catching him is going to change the situation much... :X

HaLo
12-14-2003, 06:52 PM

Great post, I completely agree with you.

nocomedown
12-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by aznpoopy
i blame it on majestic12 :D but seriously, i woudn't be surprised if they had him the whole damn time and they were just waiting for morale and popular support to get low... then BAM. we got him, every1 is happy and bush's approval rating soars. i thought it was strange they found him in a hole looking 'disoriented.' this is the guy that was coordinating all those attacks on us troops? i wonder if catching him is going to change the situation much... :X
it was only a matter of time before the conspiracy theorists came out for this one...
and hussein was not the one coordinating attacks on U.S. troops, it was fedayeen (sp?), Saddam's secret police. also, he had been living in the farmhouse, and retreated to the hole when he saw U.S. troops approaching. its not like he was living in the little hole 24/7...it makes perfect sense. he's a coward

boro240
12-14-2003, 07:14 PM
i made one too...

Bliss
12-14-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by R K e 1 C A
Glad they finally caught Mad Ass (his name spelled backwards

uh, no...his name spelled backwards is Maddas.

Ehh, mixed emotions on this. Glad he's caught, but I'm not sure I feel.

But to say since you haven't met him, you can't pass judgement is ignorant. Yeah, I never met Hitler, still doesn't mean I won't pass judegement on him. Granted, the media let's us know what they want us to know. You telling me you don't think he's done anything?

HaLo
12-14-2003, 07:57 PM
I can't say he hasn't done anything... But who are we to decide if we should put him to death?

whateverjames
12-14-2003, 08:00 PM
A cup o' joe and a nice chat wouldn't change the fact he used to enjoy putting people feet-first into grinders or hang people from light posts! The US isn't all innocent either but this guy has obviously done some bad things for the past thirty years.

nocomedown
12-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by HaLo
I can't say he hasn't done anything... But who are we to decide if we should put him to death?
we aren't, the Iraqi people are. and believe me, they hate him a hell of a lot more than you or me.

mrmephistopheles
12-14-2003, 09:54 PM
well, i don't know where the talk of killing him came in...
i'm glad he's caught. it's a good thing for both our countries, and it's a good thing for the war at large.
I agree with Mike that nobody should be nonchalantly judged, but just the same, there's no reason that he'd be getting as much attention and have as much hatred directed at him if he'd not done terrible things.

Bliss
12-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by mrmephistopheles
well, i don't know where the talk of killing him came in...
i'm glad he's caught. it's a good thing for both our countries, and it's a good thing for the war at large.
I agree with Mike that nobody should be nonchalantly judged, but just the same, there's no reason that he'd be getting as much attention and have as much hatred directed at him if he'd not done terrible things.

i agree.....i didnt get "no one should be nonchalantly judged" out of mikes post, but if thats what he meant, then i agree with that too. i just dont think this is judging him nonchalantly... (apparently thats the buzzword for my post)

old_s13
12-15-2003, 11:44 AM
All I am saying is that I cannot judge ANYONE and say that they should be put to death unless I know who they are and have seen what they've been through.

First of all, this is a foreign country.. things are different out there, there are customs and lifestyle that we no very little to nothing about.

Now, from what I've HEARD.. he is not a good person and has killed many of his own people, but like I said.. who am I to judge. All I see is a picture of a man who once ruled the Iraq and now looks like a haggard old vagabond.

Are you in his shoes? Did you have to LEAD a country and fight wars and try to make something out of nothing? You have to admit, his lifestyle was far from easy. I cannot say his actions were good or bad, I am definately not as much of a man as he is since he's lived his entire life and is now next to near death. This is what they call the life and story of someone, the rise and fall.

All I am saying is now that he is down, I am not going to criticise him and say he SHOULD or SHOULDNT be put to death -- I just DONT know. His own people should put him on trial and be judged, we (the rest of the world) should keep a careful eye on the whole ordeal and make sure there are no mishaps.

So, whatever happens to him.. he's in Gods hands. There are still people that love him. There are still people that hate him. AND, there are still people like me who just dont care much about politics because there is just TOO many unknown variables and flared opinions for people to get brainwashed with.

Bush? Oh man.. this will definately be good for his reputation, but I still liked Bill Clinton a billion times more.

- Mike

camppain
12-15-2003, 01:00 PM

Hmmmmm true true, yet I can't say all I want to say since I am in the militree. But weren't we going after Osama the conspirator of 911?

Lourans who is Assyrian, was born in Baghdad Iraq, is not Muslim, was christian, currently in the Marines, and who can't say the full say he wants to.

R K e 1 C A
12-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
uh, no...his name spelled backwards is Maddas.

Ehh, mixed emotions on this. Glad he's caught, but I'm not sure I feel.

Sounding it out...its an easy way to remember him ;)

Peace in the Middle West

RoNiN240sx
12-15-2003, 06:02 PM
no wonder it took bush so long to find him, he disguised himself as santa clause that sneaky bastard.

240meowth
12-15-2003, 06:55 PM
All I am saying is that I cannot judge ANYONE and say that they should be put to death unless I know who they are and have seen what they've been through.

First of all, this is a foreign country.. things are different out there, there are customs and lifestyle that we no very little to nothing about.

Now, from what I've HEARD.. he is not a good person and has killed many of his own people, but like I said.. who am I to judge. All I see is a picture of a man who once ruled the Iraq and now looks like a haggard old vagabond.

Are you in his shoes? Did you have to LEAD a country and fight wars and try to make something out of nothing? You have to admit, his lifestyle was far from easy. I cannot say his actions were good or bad, I am definately not as much of a man as he is since he's lived his entire life and is now next to near death. This is what they call the life and story of someone, the rise and fall.

All I am saying is now that he is down, I am not going to criticise him and say he SHOULD or SHOULDNT be put to death -- I just DONT know. His own people should put him on trial and be judged, we (the rest of the world) should keep a careful eye on the whole ordeal and make sure there are no mishaps.

So, whatever happens to him.. he's in Gods hands. There are still people that love him. There are still people that hate him. AND, there are still people like me who just dont care much about politics because there is just TOO many unknown variables and flared opinions for people to get brainwashed with.

Bush? Oh man.. this will definately be good for his reputation, but I still liked Bill Clinton a billion times more.

- Mike

good call mike. I was just thinking about making a post on zilvia about this, but since the thread is already here... I'm kind of sick of all this propaganda. On my local news paper in huge ass letter said “CAUGHT LIKE A RAT” or something like that. Give that guy a break man. Why was there this war? Wait… weapons of mass destruction, oh yah, where are the weapons of mass destruction? Or is it the oil fields? I think we as Americans is totally blowing this out of proportion. And is using this war as a springboard to give the economy a jump-start. Let’s not forget about the uncontested bid to rebuild Iraq that was given to Halliburton (former employer of vice pres Cheney), other countries are pretty pissed off at us about that one.

And lastly where is Bin-Ladin? Just a thought I thought I’d put out there for people to ponder.

Rennen
12-15-2003, 07:12 PM
I am really surprised that the current administration didn't just hide him away somewhere till it got real close to election time and then all the sudden find him in some hole with a whole bunch of "weapons of mass destruction" The American public is gullible enough to believe it. Look at all the other crap he got the general public to go along with.

-Matt

old_s13
12-15-2003, 11:23 PM
one thing that was interesting is the hole they showed him staying in.. i wonder if he had heating, blanky, or any nice little ammenities to keep him ALIVE. How did he eat? I dont know.

All they show is that he had fucking CASH, guns, and some other miscellaneous shit on him -- thats it. Makes me wonder if he was setup.

Dont get me wrong, I have a gut feeling that he obviously ran the country like a savage.. but it could also be that THAT is the type of people he's accustomed to dealing with.. the iraqi people they show out there all seem kinda nutty and crazy, like just israeli's and palistinians.. just a bunch of wacko over-religious fanatics in MY opinion. SO, this whole shit is one big blurb.. it could be about oil, it could be uranium, who knows.. its an open area and there is just SO much for the US to *take* in Iraq.

So, gov just does whats in its best interest while keeping a "good guy perspective" in the eye of the US media. Afterall, I am sure its ALL somehow controlled like a WWF or nowadays, WWE wrestling match.

- Mike

camppain
12-16-2003, 12:02 AM
the iraqi people they show out there all seem kinda nutty and crazy, like just israeli's and palistinians.. just a bunch of wacko over-religious fanatics in MY opinion.
- Mike

I was born in BAGHDAD IRAQ I wouldn't consider myself any of those:confused:

But I guess Americans aren't any better.

Phlip
12-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey, I have a comment/question here... I thing that most of us here aren't stupid individuals. The orginal reason for this war was that that we suspected that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Now UN inspectors were allowed in and found nothing of the sort and saw no good reason to go to war, washing their hands of it. On the other hand, you have th Bush administration and their capitalist regime (since we are throwing that word around) saying that Saddam and his people provided funding to Al-Qaeda to the end that led to the 09/11 attacks on the WTC and Pentagon. Something inside of me tells me that somthing about this has COP OUT written all over it. Of course the VERY ignorant general American public will buy this, hell, they ARE muslims and all muslims hate americans, right? Wrong, I am no muslim, but time spent in the company of several individuals who support such bullshit stereotypes. The dumbasses went and bought flags and shit, "god bless america," damn those terrorist sons of bitches for permanently scarring out false snse of security, BLOW THEM ALL UP. Why shouldn't we go to war in the middle of this shit? Common sense rules in my world, I had NO reason to believe that Saddam had SHIT to do with 9/11 and felt sorry for those that did. How heartbroken were these naieve individuals when Bush AND Cheaney came out and said that they had no proof of these claims, but still think that he had something to do with it. I ask again (and now it means more) "WHY?" How in the hell can you say you have ZERO proof, but still want my belief and support fpr your claims? I am not saying that Saddam is a good guy, but there are demons in our own clset that we shouls address before allowing/mediating judgement on anyone else. Genocide against one's own people?
...If I visit your house and you are beating the PISS out of your wife, I will take it on myself to make you aware of your wrong, but who the hell am I to jump in your ass for it, what business is mine?
I'm not sayong that he SHOULDN'T be executed, but I am saying that this execution should be decided upon by the people directly affected by hid transgressions, not by some cowboy several thousand miles attempting to settle his daddy's business and sell the idea of capitalism to the rest of the world too "stupid to conform..." Castro is next, huh?

nocomedown
12-16-2003, 08:34 AM
one thing that was interesting is the hole they showed him staying in.. i wonder if he had heating, blanky, or any nice little ammenities to keep him ALIVE. How did he eat? I dont know.

All they show is that he had fucking CASH, guns, and some other miscellaneous shit on him -- thats it. Makes me wonder if he was setup.

just some clarification. he wasn't living in the hole, he was hiding in it. he lived in the farm house right next to the hole (and very likely, several others similar to it), which did have amenities such as beds, and even minifridges. and anyways, i may be wrong about this, but i don't think that theres ANY time of year that its absolutely necessary to have a heater in Iraq.

HaLo
12-16-2003, 09:13 AM
I just wanted to add that I agree with most of the posts in this thread and that I am very proud that the majority of our community can see beyond what the media presents. :)

HiPSI
12-16-2003, 09:34 AM
i think now that he's been caught we should treat him as any other prisoner, not some kind of animal. yes he's done very deplorable things in his country, but it's for the people he ruled over to decide on his fate, not us. basically his supporters won't stop attacking even though the man has been captured. they will continue to attack until they're all dead or until we leave and he's back in power.

actually, we should have a celebrity boxing match saddam vs. bush to the death:D

old_s13
12-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by camppain
I was born in BAGHDAD IRAQ I wouldn't consider myself any of those:confused:

But I guess Americans aren't any better.

oh no doubt, dont get confused.. I never said that this is how the Iraqi people are -- I am saying that THIS is how they are PORTRAYED by the *media*. When you see people shooting guns, throwing candy, burning flags, and all that shiet.. it doesnt look civilized to me. BUT thats the point I am trying to make, I dont give into the media and believe what the MEDIA is presenting to me. I dont let THOSE few who are on TV speak for everyone out in Iraq.

Does that make sense?

logo20
12-16-2003, 04:07 PM
I wonder if "weapons of mass destruction" are gonna be found now. Maybe he sold them to another country.

nocomedown
12-16-2003, 06:09 PM
it seems like half of these posts are people voicing their opinion about how it's not the U.S.'s decision what happens to Saddam, and that his own people should decide. I just wanna let everyone know that it has already been decided that he would be put on trial in Iraq....no one from the Bush administration ever suggested otherwise.
and in response to the thought about him selling his weapons to other countries, there's been speculation that they were transported across the Syrian border before the start of the war.

HaLo
12-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by nocomedown

and in response to the thought about him selling his weapons to other countries, there's been speculation that they were transported across the Syrian border before the start of the war.

Now, let's march down to Syria in the Everlasting Quest to find Weapons of Mass Destruction in the Middle East...

Phlip
12-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by logo20
I wonder if "weapons of mass destruction" are gonna be found now. Maybe he sold them to another country.
Let the Bush administration apply their libel to it, he gave them all to the Al-Qaeda for free, since they needed financial backing:D.

UN inspectors were allowed in and found nothing, and for that reason wouldn't stand behind a war, plain and simple. I don't think they are there and because of that, the reason for war was changed to another reason. I have a question, what WAS the point of all this? To "liberate" the Iraqi people? Do any of you feel that this version of democracy we are given makes us "liberated?" I refuse to believe the shit I see on TV, I just refuse to be that naieve.

vodka
12-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Oh god, its finals week and I have an urge to discuss about the possibility of Iraqi democracy & political culture in a poli sci fashion. Ok, here I go....

The first fact we must consider is that the idea of a thing like the modern nation state is an advent of the west, and whereas in the west it evolved historically, it was imposed upon the conquered/colonial countries like Iraq. Democracy is much the same, but as we have all seen it is difficult to adapt to a system forced upon you.

Also, we must take into the aspect that for most of Iraqi, and Middle East history (650 ad+)religion and law have been interconnected, with the government in charge of enforcing god's law (shariya'h.) The dichotomy of church & state evolved in the west through church-state conflicts like ones of Henry VIII and the Catholic church, finally being cemented de facto in the Peace of Westphalia circa 1648 and idealized in the views of the Enlightenment. Such a thing never occured in the Muslim world, so this great difference in political culture must be realized.

I got more, but I don't really feel like writing any more poli sci after my final. I'm be glad to give more funky insights if need be though.

Phlip
12-18-2003, 06:28 AM
I was thinking, maybe Saddam is a horrible person afterall. There was the attempt on Bush senior's life, and then there are allegations of genocide and the murder or order of murder of millions of his own people. How come none of this was sold as a reason for war? There was the necessity of another very effective tool (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=libel) to to make sure that Americans felt their sense of security was threatened by his allowed continued existence... I'll be honest here, I don't really give a piss if he kills his own people, let them wipe their own asses. There may have BEEN (past tense) "weapons of mass destruction," and they MAY have been sold/hidden elsewhere in another country, but to the best of what I can find, they were going to be used in a reactive or defensive situation in the event of a war effort. The war effort happened and no chemical/biological or any other kind of weapons of mass destruction have been confirmed or used. How many people think that Saddam Hussein would be STUPID enough to believe that he would be able to WIN a war or even keep the effort going long enough to get back to said weapons if they were still in his control, even if physically located in another country? Simply put, weapons of mass destruction as owned/controlled by Saddam is no longer an issue in my opinion if no other reason than the fact that they have him. I don't think he should be tried in an international court, he should be tried by those that he has allegedly been killing for the last 30 years and let them decide what to do with him. His Daughter wants him tried in an international court because no international court has a death sentence. Personally? I don't give much of a damn where they try him, just get the shit over with, he will EVENTUALLY die as a result of his actions. To the winners go the spoils of war, so we as taxpayers will pay to rebuild the shit blown up and send the troops back home, just PLEASE get this over with...

... On a lighter note, did ANYONE see South Park last night?

Phlip
12-23-2003, 11:06 PM
Hey, 5 days later and no one gives a piss anymore? I was thinking, we've caught the bad guy now and now the suicide bombs and shit haven't stopped, no weapons found, but now Moammar Gadafhi has shit his robe and decided to negotiate to give his up. We're really getting somewhere in this "war against terror..."
HEY BUT WAIT A MINUTE, wasn't the security level raised to "level orange" this week and isn't orange the next to highest level there is on this scale? My question is "why?" Does anyone really feel there is a credible threat of terrorist action anywhere in the US during the holidays, even without the "level orange" threat?
That will be all for now, I guess.