PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

exitspeed
11-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Figure there has to be some Zelda fans on here. Like isn't just FPS's and racing games.

If you've been following SS you're probably pretty excited by now. The first time Nintendo showed the 1 to 1 sword mechanics on stage (at E3) it didn't go so well. but from what all the previews are saying they are virtually flawless now.

If you are skeptical about this new Zelda game in any way read this article on IGN. Why Skyward Sword Is The Best Zelda Yet - Wii Feature at IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1211616p1.html) They are coming out and saying this is the BEST Zelda game ever before it's even out. Ocarina of Time is considered to be one of the best video games ever made, so saying this is better is a pretty bold statement.

The game comes out on the 20th...a Sunday oddly enough. I'll be getting it first thing in the morning.

Anyone else looking forward to it?

exitspeed
11-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Just went and reserved (which I haven't done for a game in probably 10 years. lol) the Special Edition which comes with a gold metallic WiiMote Plus ala the original Zelda and an Orchestra disc of the tour that went around the country.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/images/news/zelda-skyward-sword-box.jpg

11-05-2011, 05:31 PM
^Nice, this game looks awesome.

The only game I have ever pre-ordered was Ocarina of Time for the N64. Thinking about getting the gold edition of this also.

Mikey McFly
11-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Fuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes to reserve a copy*

exitspeed
11-06-2011, 01:28 AM
^Nice, this game looks awesome.

The only game I have ever pre-ordered was Ocarina of Time for the N64. Thinking about getting the gold edition of this also.

I never played Ocarina of Time when it came out. Didn't have a N64. When I reserved Wind Waker I got the Ocarina of Time disc with the Master Quest but I never played it.

Wind Waker is by far my favorite Zelda game. The original being my second.

Daniel.
11-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I never played Ocarina of Time when it came out. Didn't have a N64. When I reserved Wind Waker I got the Ocarina of Time disc with the Master Quest but I never played it.

Wind Waker is by far my favorite Zelda game. The original being my second.

I'd highly recommend you play Ocarina of Time. One of my favorite games of all time.

It looks like pre-orders for Skyward Sword are pretty low, so I'm going to count on my local retailer having it in stock on the day of release.

exitspeed
11-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd highly recommend you play Ocarina of Time. One of my favorite games of all time.

It looks like pre-orders for Skyward Sword are pretty low, so I'm going to count on my local retailer having it in stock on the day of release.

I did play it when I had it and only got like a quarter of the way through it. I don't know wht but I just wasn't feeling it. Wind Waker was such as amazing game to me though and I tried it right after that so maybe that ruined it for me a bit. Wind Waker was one of the only games, as an adult, I beat and started over as soon as the credits finished rolling. It's easily one of top 5 games of all time.

Daniel.
11-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I guess that's the difference. I played Ocarina of Time when it was first released. I'm sure that playing it now, years after it's out can be a huge difference.

Can't wait for Skyward sword now. I haven't been this hyped about a game since....Twilight Princess?

exitspeed
11-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I guess that's the difference. I played Ocarina of Time when it was first released. I'm sure that playing it now, years after it's out can be a huge difference.

Can't wait for Skyward sword now. I haven't been this hyped about a game since....Twilight Princess?

Yeah I was hyped about TP but for some reason it didn't pull me in. If you read some of the other previews of SS they talk about all the changes they've made the the Zelda formula and they said they've changed almost every aspect of the game, while still feeling like Zelda, and the changes have all made the game that much better.

gzer750
11-07-2011, 11:49 AM
sick. keeping the legend of zelda going.

exitspeed
11-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok so there's been two reviews relased already. 1 place gave it a perfect 10 and the article said they hardly ever give out 10's and another mag gave it a 98% saying it was the highest rating they've ever given a game.

Yeah, I'll let people waste their time with Skyrim. Link and I have some business to attend to on the 20th.

ravinaziankid
11-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Legend of Zelda was my favorite game growing up, I still play this on emulator when I get a chance. This game looks almost like the ocarina of time, I guess it shows that you don't need 1080p hi def graphics to make a great game.

theronin
11-07-2011, 12:15 PM

Ocarina of Time is probably one of THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE. If you are a Zelda fan, you pretty much HAVE to play it.

CrimsonRockett
11-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Personally enjoyed Twilight Princess. So, I'll probably pick this up as well.

Game was ridiculously long though (without a guide). Haha.

WanganRunner
11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I'll let people waste their time with Skyrim. Link and I have some business to attend to on the 20th.

^^
This

It's a sad day when preorders for a Zelda game are low. What has happened to gaming?

exitspeed
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
^^
This

It's a sad day when preorders for a Zelda game are low. What has happened to gaming?

People don't even care about creativity and innovation any more. I don't doubt Skyrim is going to be a good game, but it's pretty much more of the same, but bigger and prettier. With Skywaord Sword Nintendo went back and changed almost every aspect of how the game plays, and from what all the previews are saying for the better, yet it's still a Zelda game.

While games like Skyrim focus on realistic graphics which end up actually looking fake anyway, Nintendo embarrasses a beautiful art style that will stand the test of time.

In 15 years Skyward Sword will look great and Skyrim will look dated.

theronin
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
People don't even care about creativity and innovation any more. I don't doubt Skyrim is going to be a good game, but it's pretty much more of the same, but bigger and prettier. With Skywaord Sword Nintendo went back and changed almost every aspect of how the game plays, and from what all the previews are saying for the better, yet it's still a Zelda game.

While games like Skyrim focus on realistic graphics which end up actually looking fake anyway, Nintendo embarrasses a beautiful art style that will stand the test of time.

In 15 years Skyward Sword will look great and Skyrim will look dated.

this isn't an RPG nerd debate. A lot of contributing factors as to why Skyward Sword's pre orders are low. NO reason to start bashing Skyrim for it. They are both great games. Gamers UNITE!!!

M1Robert
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
crap i have finals in 3 weeks...

and just installed ocarina of time on my xperia phone.

if this is better then that game i have no chance of passing my classes lol

Mrpopo
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
I went and preordered my gold edition and the list had like 40 people on it. I can't wait. I still get the snes out from time to time and play link to the past.

exitspeed
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
this isn't an RPG nerd debate. A lot of contributing factors as to why Skyward Sword's pre orders are low. NO reason to start bashing Skyrim for it. They are both great games. Gamers UNITE!!!

Lol. I wanted to get Skyrim actually...But it's just coming out at the wrong time. When I watch the vids for Skyrim I just don't feel like the game has any character though. Personally.

Future240
11-07-2011, 09:59 PM
And how did I miss this thread? I have owed and play all Zelda games since wind waker, except Majora's Mask, which I played most of it.

Hands down the Zelda series is one if not my favorite of all game series. No other games (except Final Fantasy 8) has moved me like Ocarina of Time did. I have played and beat that game 3 times.

I will be buying this Day 1.

DS562
11-07-2011, 10:01 PM
majora's mask was excellent. i loved how you can go back and fight all of the bosses when ever you wanted. the aliens at the ranch creeped me the fuck out

Future240
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
majora's mask was excellent. i loved how you can go back and fight all of the bosses when ever you wanted. the aliens at the ranch creeped me the fuck out

I've always wanted to go back and finish that game, but I have no idea where my N64 is.

DS562
11-07-2011, 10:35 PM
^ same here. one day it was hooked up in the living room, the next it was gone. makes me sad cause i just found my copy of starfox.

tabasco122
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM
get a wii and DL that shit...

DS562
11-07-2011, 10:50 PM
pft fuck that. i'd rather buy somethin for my car. or BF3 AND an N64

Future240
11-07-2011, 11:07 PM
get a wii and DL that shit...

I have a Wii and completely forgot about virtual console. I will be getting it. It's only $10.

exitspeed
11-11-2011, 07:42 AM
So IGN gave Zelda at 10 and said it's even better then Ocarina of Time and is one of the greatest accomplishments in gaming in the last decade!

Man the 20th can't come soon enough!

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Review - Wii Review at IGN (http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html)

Future240
11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Better than ocarina of time? My mind cannot comprehend. I took to get a motion plus controller stat!

Daniel.
11-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Stop sharing. I'm getting way too hyped up for this. I have to concentrate on real life.

exitspeed
11-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Tell me about it. That Sunday when it comes out, the Packers play at noon. So i'm going to go get mine as soon as they open, the come home and watch the Pack, and then I'm gonna head over to my buddies house to rock on Zelda. I mean, I want to play the game but I can't miss the Packer game either. Arrrgh! lol

Daniel.
11-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Zelda can wait for the Packers to take another step towards a perfect season.

Future240
11-20-2011, 11:26 PM
3 minute instructional video?

Popped it on to play, fuggin low battery signal in the corner driving me nuts.

Random as hell, game I ejected to put this one in?

Twilight Princess.

exitspeed
11-21-2011, 05:33 AM
This game is simply amazing. It is SO much fun. The spirit of Zelda is live and well in SS. I'm about 3 hours into it at this point. I can't wait to play some more.

ravinaziankid
11-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Do you need the wii motion or some attachment to play this?

exitspeed
11-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Do you need the wii motion or some attachment to play this?

You do need Wii-motion Plus. Oh and the sword play is so awesome. It works PERFECTLY. It's possibly the most rewarding and fun combat system I've ever played/used.

ravinaziankid
11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Cool, might be getting this soon.

Daniel.
11-21-2011, 09:00 AM
This game is everything I'd hoped it would be so far. Loving it.

HyperTek
11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
so what type of TV do you guys play your wii on? Ever since we stepped up to a Vizio 55 lcd tv, there has been a slight lag/delay from the wii, I even purchased component cables and didn't help. Where when you use the wiimote , there is a slight delay.. this hurts gaming on it.. now on something like New Super Mario Bros, it is not a concern since you dont use any cursor movement. This is frankly why I havnet touched the console in a while

Daniel.
11-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Samsung 46in LCD tv using the cables that came with the Wii. There's a bit of lag when using the cursor on the home screen, but isn't apparent during gameplay and doesn't bother me at all.

exitspeed
11-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I have a 32" LG LCD. I need to get an S-Video cable for my Wii now.

95KA-Turbo
11-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I played this for 10 hours yesterday, lol....I want to play it more right now but I have to finish up work and roll some fenders on a STI....:mad:

exitspeed
11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
How far is everyone? Finished Faron Woods, and then returned to Skyloft and did some side quests. I just got to the volcano area. I'm using the IGN guide to help me move along. I don't have a ton of time to play the game so I can't afford being stuck on something for too long.

The game really is beautiful though. I love it.

Future240
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I am about 10 mins in. Sadly I have been away from my wii for almost a week. I am making up for it today though.

95KA-Turbo
11-28-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't want to give anything away, so I'll say I got the first 3 temples done, and the first thing that comes after that done. Next time I play I should get the next task completed. I've gotten a handful of side things done as well.

I'm pretty sure I've been playing this for unhealthy amounts of time (I even took 5 days off over Thanksgiving, hahaha).

Touge Noob S13
11-29-2011, 12:57 AM
My brother beat this game in 5 days and no guide.
He rarely came out of his room lol.

exitspeed
11-29-2011, 07:39 AM
My brother beat this game in 5 days and no guide.
He rarely came out of his room lol.

This is a 50+ hour game. Your brother is a loser. I'm jealous I can't spend even half that amount of time with the game.