PDA

View Full Version : Homeless man kills a 74 year old man.

DS562
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
UPDATED: Beating death in Lakewood Walmart may be completely random - Press-Telegram (http://www.presstelegram.com/breakingnews/ci_19249057)
this happened just down the street from where i was.

a homeless guy asked a 74 year old shopper for money, and when he refused, the homeless man beat him to death with a baseball bat he pulled off of the shelf.

Some witnesses told reporters at the scene they heard Kalfin ask the victim for money and the victim refused. Several witnesses told the Press-Telegram the suspect appeared to be homeless.
The security video showed the 74-year-old man in the sporting goods section of the store when Kalfin attacked him with an aluminum baseball bat, police said. The victim was bashed in the head, causing massive head trauma.

HyperTek
11-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Im just thinking about this time when i got asked for some change at a gas station, and then dude went off about how I wouldn't be here because he fought in so-and-so war.. Gotta choose your job in the military wisely otherwise you come out with not much to offer and get a job imo.

EjMalernee
11-02-2011, 11:03 PM
That's kinda scary I don't know how many times I've been asked for money or change. I mean I'm not 75 years old but a couple hits with a bat and ill fall just as fast.

Jtuned_andy
11-02-2011, 11:08 PM
I feel like if the guy was homeless, he did this so he could go to jail for a place to stay :/ Hopefully he's just fucking mentally insane and the previous isnt the case.

RIP to that dude

DS562
11-02-2011, 11:28 PM
The security video showed the 74-year-old man in the sporting goods section of the store when Kalfin attacked him with an aluminum baseball bat, police said. The victim was bashed in the head, causing massive head trauma.

thinking more about it, he was probably there to buy his grandson a baseball glove or something :(

ronmcdon
11-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Im just thinking about this time when i got asked for some change at a gas station, and then dude went off about how I wouldn't be here because he fought in so-and-so war.. Gotta choose your job in the military wisely otherwise you come out with not much to offer and get a job imo.

well there might be more than just that,
who knows what the dude has been through.
even 'post traumatic stress disorder' was recognized until the 80's,
so a lot of the vets before that didn't really get the help they needed prior (or it even today to a large extent).

I imagine there's a whole lot of psychological adjustment that may or may not be addressed.
It doesn't necessarily justify panhandling, but I would be a bit more compassionate in that scenario.

sw20>>s14
11-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I feel like if the guy was homeless, he did this so he could go to jail for a place to stay :/ Hopefully he's just fucking mentally insane and the previous isnt the case.

RIP to that dude

id say otherwise, usually the bums who take that route commit very blatant and harmless misdemeanors such as peeing in front of a cop, jaywalking, or loitering. they need shelter and food, not blood. this maniac just snapped to take it that far.

so a lot of the vets before that didn't really get the help they needed prior (or it even today to a large extent).

I imagine there's a whole lot of psychological adjustment that may or may not be addressed.
It doesn't necessarily justify panhandling, but I would be a bit more compassionate in that scenario.

amen to that brother! i have so many friends that have returned for a while, stabilized their lives, have everything going for them, but still just cant seem to smell the roses

K_style
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
WTF... now people from other country is going to read this and they might think it's same shit as stuff happening in China..

90hatchie
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
one reason i always give a homeless person all the loose change in my pocket
besides who likes the jingling in your pocket anyway

Zach-sr
11-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Not only this, Due to the community mental health act of 1963 hundreds of thousands of mentally ill patients released from psychiatric hospitals to goto better in home care facilities. The issue with this is that most of these people did not have family, friends or money. Due to this and no support from the government a great majority ended up homeless.
So this guy very well my be one of the 1/3 of the homeless that at one point institutionalized and deemed psychotic.