PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuild shops in socal?

562s13
11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
anyone know any good shops that do quality engine rebuilds to rebuild my ka24de in socal.... mainly near the norwalk area?

thanks in advance!!

s14reaper
11-02-2011, 07:42 PM
if you get the parts ill lead you to a licensed c.a mechanic hes my friends dad he good at what he does for cheap. hes been in business for years

Bigalow311
11-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Subscribed. I wanna see where this goes

UNITEDMASTER
11-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I can do rebuilds . PM me. If interested nothing but the good stuff.No games ,No gimicks. MILD to WILD

KA-SR-RB-1J/2J-13B-4AG Whatever...............:D

Bigalow311
11-07-2011, 04:10 AM
I can do rebuilds . PM me. If interested nothing but the good stuff.No games ,No gimicks. MILD to WILD

commence the fap'ing

EDacIouSX
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
mario at GR Performance, he's in irwindale and does a lot of rebuilds. His s13 has a rebuilt KA ready built for turbo though he's yet to put the turbo on. He is also Nistune certified. He works on a lot of the 626 drift crew cars

Bigalow311
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm on this thread because I want someone to tune a built RB27DET. I think there's a crazy amount of experienced tuners, builders, etc around SoCal but I'm hearing a lot of talk about Church Auto Testing near the Port of Los Angeles. They might be worth a call for your KA concerns.
Church Automotive Testing (http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/)

They're one of the few that can tune with Haltech so they'll probably be my main performance shop.

562s13
11-07-2011, 03:13 PM
thanks for all the replies.. ive pm'd some people and will be googling/ calling some of these shops.. anyone else know of any shops?

Bigalow311
11-07-2011, 04:29 PM
thanks for all the replies.. ive pm'd some people and will be googling/ calling some of these shops.. anyone else know of any shops?

This:
List Of SoCal Shops!!!! - MY350Z.COM Forums (http://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/295241-list-of-socal-shops.html)

UNITEDMASTER
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm on this thread because I want someone to tune a built RB27DET. I think there's a crazy amount of experienced tuners, builders, etc around SoCal but I'm hearing a lot of talk about Church Auto Testing near the Port of Los Angeles. They might be worth a call for your KA concerns.
Church Automotive Testing (http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/)

They're one of the few that can tune with Haltech so they'll probably be my main performance shop.

Sean, at Church automotive is a very good tuner,I have been tuning with them for many years.He is honest & willl not bullshit you about your setup if its not quite right

Original poster YGM:)

dkwasherexd
11-07-2011, 05:58 PM
We offer engine rebuilds, stock basic rebuilds to full race setups. Including custom intercooler piping, vmounts,aluminum welding, race fabrication, bash bars, tube front and rearends, clutch installs, lsd installs, custom exhaust setups. Our team has experience with rebuilding rotarys rx7s, 240sx, to supras. Our tuner is highly experienced, specializes in forced induction not to mention he's a boss. ;] Engines we have built this year [just to throw it out there] vk56, 13b,12a, VR38DET, Ka [sohc and dohc], 1jz, 2j, 7m, l28, l31, sr20, Dseries, B series, and much more...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Garage-Life/115739035172956
Garage Life
11128 rush st.
South El Monte ca 91733

UNITEDMASTER
11-17-2011, 05:56 PM
What it do....

SR is just a simple re-fresh,inspect & clean up.

2JZ is a full rebuild.......

Most Wanted
11-17-2011, 11:02 PM
What it do....

How much will it run?.my has blow-by,..low compression,..

UNITEDMASTER
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
^^^^^ For what motor,PM me with the specifics. THANKS

Im gonna guess its an SR. SR rebuild start at 1100,includes all needed machine work,all seals,bearings,rings,STD head gasket,3 angle valve job,pressure test head,block painted whatever color you like.

If you have aftermarket goodies you want put in there is no additional charge for install,except for camshafts.

You can source you own parts or I can source them for the build...

Bigalow311
11-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Add this one to the list:
CAR BUILDER>> SP ENGINEERING - Speedhunters (http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/11/18/car-builder-gt-gt-sp-engineering.aspx)

Never heard of them until the article on SpeedHunters

bardabe
11-19-2011, 12:29 PM
What it do....

why do the hone marks and cylinder walls look so terrible on both those engines?

they should look like this. just saying.

http://www.bardabe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Headgasket.jpg

fckillerbee
11-19-2011, 02:29 PM
vildinimotorsport.com

Alex and his dad run the shop. Super cool dudes. They have been participating at all the pro am events this year. I believe 5 years on their 400whp SR, still running.

Alex Villabrille qualifying at Vegas Pro-Am Round 1 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-R_RGdCts)
(he's only been driving for a year, they pulled that motor from their 240z)
http://alexvillabrille.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/img_1176.jpg

They are suprisingly cheap considering the work they do.

UNITEDMASTER
11-19-2011, 05:24 PM
why do the hone marks and cylinder walls look so terrible on both those engines?

they should look like this. just saying.

http://www.bardabe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Headgasket.jpg

Because the SR owner is being cheap,like most 240 peeps,notice the dirty ass domes too,+ the deck dint get surfaced, & the top end is what was screwed up,so u cant get what u dont pay for, & the 2J has not been honed yet.that pic was taken after tear down.The 2J is mine personally so u can bet it will be done correctly........

Trust me I know what a fresh hone looks like,:bow:

The hone in your pic looks pretty slick,I personally would prefer a lil more cross hatch,but maybe its the camera & the glare.just sayin.I generaly use a specific stone set for blocks with liners VS straight cast iron,and different speeds/stone schedule

Do what ya do

Cunningham
11-19-2011, 06:13 PM
^^^Do you hone all these blocks with a deckplate? ^^^

tootall4la
11-25-2011, 11:34 PM

What would be the cost to Rebuild a KA24de to stock spec.. just give the engine new life.?

Sent from my Sensation

RACETUNE
11-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Garage BOSO!!!

anyone know any good shops that do quality engine rebuilds to rebuild my ka24de in socal.... mainly near the norwalk area?

thanks in advance!!

Bigalow311
11-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Garage BOSO!!!

I think I've heard of them before... and they know Haltech :eek2:

562s13
11-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Garage BOSO!!!

my friend was going to get a sr from you guys.. then idk what happened.. sean, if you remember him. he kicked it with ross and other guys for a bit

tootall4la
12-07-2011, 12:54 AM
What shop or website sells trustworthy rebuilt kits??
Source to get parts??

Sent from my Sensation

UNITEDMASTER
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
WHen it comes to JAP motors most places dont offer full rebuild kits,& if they do its just a mash up of cheap components/refurbed oil pumps,at the cheapest cost to them ,made exspensive for you.There are overhaul kits available but mainly for common motors. Ebay has it all the time but I would not trust it(IMHO).

Im gonna put this out there for all.

BEARINGS= Clevite(tri-metal),OEM($$$),Sealed power(hencho JAPAN,not mexico) ,ACL
RINGS= OEM, Hastings,Sealed power
OIL PUMPS & TIMING SETS= OEM($$$$), Ferderal Mogul has some oil pumps but not many for JAP stuff.
TIMING BELTS= OEM, GATES, GATES BLUE(reinforced)= Agency power.
TENSIONERS= OEM "only".
GASKETS= OEM ($), FEL-PRO. DO not use no name china gaskets( cheap paper & cork dont jive with high heat applications "turbo")
VALVE STEM SEALS= OEM,Super tech( viton), Fel-Pro(viton). or ceramic ($$$$$$$$$)
HEADGASKET= OEM( Std application med bost),Metal,=(Greddy,Apex,Cometic), Custom copper($$$$$) Beware of OEM knock offs that do not have a fire ring(ebay,china!!!!!)
HARDWARE= ARP

I listed the manufactuers in order of quality & consistancy "IMO".....

PISTONS= OEM(cast)= mid levle boost as long as it is not "freckled" & ring lands are consistent all the way around,& skirts look good... OR FORGED( JE/CP,Weisco,Keith Black) Beware off no name pistons labled as OEM(the casting alloy is complete shit(pot metal))

RODS= Im a firm beleiver that as long as the OEM rod has not been subjected to extreme abuse it is just as good if not better than(eagle). As long as its not stretched,bent,& the big/small end can be brought back to factory size & use ARP hardware... If you truley want an upgrade for rods ( Carillo or Manley H beems)$$$$..

Stay away from sand cast rods in a performance application( yes they provide lighter weight but are brittle & require frequent inspection(tear downs).

CRANKS= use what you got unless it has journal damage/excessive wear. STD process is (hot tank, magnaflux,polish,balance. KNife edge is optional.... Im also not a big fan of turnig down crank journals ,yea some times its needed,but I like to keep the journals as close to stock as possible.

SLEEVES= In terms of NISSANS if you need to resleeve it, to me the block is TRASH!!!! get another block

VALVE TRAIN = if your really gonna spend $$$$ on upgrading( TOMEI or SUPERTECH,COSWORTH components "ONLY") otherwise keep it stock & keep the revs within reason(SRs) KAs dont rev super high anyway but they do benifit from solid lifter design.SOOO shim it on the tight side.

BC components are OK but must be checked & measured & are to be used only when budget is the deceiding factor.

Remember machining will negate the most baller of baller parts,as will assembly procedure.

TOP END & EMS coming soon upon request,LOLOLO.

I hope this helps some peeps!!!!!!!

Jared0934
12-08-2011, 08:25 AM
If you want a solid rebuild go to the people who have been rebuilding competition KA's for years. TechnoSquare will help you out, they will answer all your questions and rebuild your KA stock, mild, or full race, or if you're going KA-T let them know they will suggest what parts to touch and which you can leave alone depending on your PSI. They build Taka Aono's wifes competition KA-T and she hasn't had a single problem with it in the past 5 years of competing, absolutely no work has been done to it in 5 years... That in itself speaks for there work.

<WELCOME TO TECHNOSQUARE> (http://www.technosquareinc.com/index.html)

* I'm not saying any of the above stated shops aren't good I'm sure they all are, just gotta recommend who I know personally * ^Guy above seems to know his ish though...

Oh and if you want a tune with Haltech, Church Automotive is the way too go I've heard nothing but good things about them for the past few years. I think he is a huge name in the STI or S2000 community I can't really remember but I heard something like that before maybe someone can correct me.

horse110
12-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Yup, the s2k guys love church....even those who've never been there.

Dutchmalmiss
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm here asking for anyone that can lead me to the right person for just a no-frills stock rebuild on my SR + metal headgasket. In-house or shop, as long as it's not overpriced. Local to Glendale would be best. Thanks.

4-20sx
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
rebuild it yourself dude. its not hard lol

Dutchmalmiss
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Don't have the time or place to do it. I'd gladly pay for the convenience. Let me know! Thanks.

rebuild it yourself dude. its not hard lol

Bigalow311
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh and if you want a tune with Haltech, Church Automotive is the way too go I've heard nothing but good things about them for the past few years. I think he is a huge name in the STI or S2000 community I can't really remember but I heard something like that before maybe someone can correct me.

+1. As a matter of fact, there's a whole thread regarding Church on my350z:
Props to Shawn Church, Church automotive testing - MY350Z.COM Forums (http://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/224865-props-to-shawn-church-church-automotive-testing.html)

I talked to Shawn, yesterday and my brain hurt from all that tuner gibberish he was talking about. Definitely knows his shit.

Spencer dougherty
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
me me me .... drop bye .. i have a few in works u can check out

UNITEDMASTER
12-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm here asking for anyone that can lead me to the right person for just a no-frills stock rebuild on my SR + metal headgasket. In-house or shop, as long as it's not overpriced. Local to Glendale would be best. Thanks.

I got you,hit me up if interested,Pick-up & delivery available:eek:

Just going through the torque(stretch)/relese sequence. Then starting to mock up top end... More pics coming soon . This bullet is almost ready for WAR!!!!

Bumpin it up!!!! ATTENTION TO DETAIL JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!!!

Finelinetuning
12-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Yup im looking at it. I hope you clean those threads for the Oil banjo bolt and water bolt.

UNITEDMASTER
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Nawwww Im gonna just bolt that $hit up,fuck it(sarcasm)...LOLLOLOL

Of course threads will be chased

UNITEDMASTER
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Happy new years YAAAYYY. Here are a few pics of the latest SR in the lab. This one is just a stock rebuild nothing wild just super clean,all fresh. ENJOY

gotta240
02-06-2012, 05:12 PM
How much do any of you guys charge to install aftermarket cams and springs/retainers if the car is brought to you?

Migit240sx
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Will be watching this! I need to rebuild my KA!

tootall4la
02-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Will be watching this! I need to rebuild my KA!

Yes me too...
Looking for the right quote

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

Bigalow311
02-08-2012, 06:07 AM
lol, you said the right quote? Just call the shops and ask for it with your particular needs.

This thread is full of win.

562s13
02-08-2012, 03:18 PM
really glad I started this thread... I'm currently piecing together internals for a de. I'm going to hit up one of these shops for a kat rebuild

Run NoeL, Run!
02-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Just like that. You found a lot of shops. lol

Dutchmalmiss
02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
If you want bang for the buck service, hit up UNITEDMASTER. Great and knowledgeable guy to deal with. His most recent post is my motor he worked on.

UNITEDMASTER
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Yes me too...
Looking for the right quote

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

Hello, I think I gave you a price not long ago,but if needed just PM again with what it is your trying to acomplish.

As for the KA-T,I got that too,pistons & ARP is key, . IMO.
:bow:

Bigalow311
02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Alright, I'm going to need a rebuild for a RB26

I just had a compression check done. I'm at 150 everywhere expect for cylinder 6: 130. Shawn from Church Automotive Testing said I might need a piston and ring. Unfortunately, they don't do rebuilds.

bardabe
02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
are you looking for a full build or just a OEM Rebuild? Either way i can take care of it.

Bigalow311
02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
are you looking for a full build or just a OEM Rebuild? Either way i can take care of it.

My RB was built already by some idiots in New York so I prefer if someone quality checks my engine build while repairing cylinder 6. My car is at Church right now getting some other issues taken care of as well as getting a Haltech EMS installed and tuned.

Bigalow311
02-28-2012, 03:53 PM
United and Bard, thanks for the offers but you two are a little too far from me.

My car is getting finished at Church and next on my list is the rebuild.

UNITEDMASTER
02-28-2012, 11:16 PM
ITS all GOOD,just remember Im here for you..... now that I think about it, 130 VS 150 across the board sounds like valve seat leakage. Does this motor have forged slugs or OEM cast.You should do a wet comp test & a leak down test (cold & hot). across the board & see what you get

PS -to all thee other heads out there I got a KA & a 13B in the lab about to get done up PICS comin soon.

Also been grinding(literally) on a semi knife edged 4AGE 20V black top crank +radiused oil holes!!!!!

THE BATTLES AT 10,000 RPM

2g00d4u
02-29-2012, 01:21 AM
thread bookmarked.

Bigalow311
03-03-2012, 09:09 AM
You guys know if theres a Cryotherapy shop in the LA, LBC, or even OC area? I want to get some components treated when my engine is broken down.

tootall4la
03-10-2012, 05:19 AM
More updates!!!"

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

UNITEDMASTER
03-10-2012, 09:33 AM
You guys know if theres a Cryotherapy shop in the LA, LBC, or even OC area? I want to get some components treated when my engine is broken down.

Well the outfit I have used is not local but it is awsome stuff,I was refered to this company many,many yrs ago,through some porsche builders.

300 Bellow,cryo & tempering service (217)423-3070, Decatur, IL:cool:

UPDATES.

Just tore down a KA24DE that the owner said was making awful noise(top end,timing assm.).Plus it was starting to smoke. What i found was chain guide was broken (peice gone) lots of sludge in the motor. The rings are shot on teardown the pistons just kinda fell out of the block,& the cross hatch is totally gone. Also notice the silverish stuff in the last pic thats a combo of bearing material,chain guide,& actual chain wear debis

blackie
03-18-2012, 11:35 PM
United master has lived up to his name. A master. I came to him recently for some help, with some new parts and an open schedule and he took real good care of me. Earlier this week, he finished the build on my block and rotating assembly. I came to him with a ka24de block bored .20 over, je pistons, eagle rods, clevite bearings and arp main and head studs. At first I was a little scared to trust someone on zilvia because since the purchase of the car and even the purchasing of the car, I have been done real dirty by some members trying to or succeeding in selling me some janky ass items. I know some of the bad purchases are my fault due to lack of proper research, ignorance, and buying on impulse because I want to finish this build. But he has restored the hope that I had lost in people. Prices were fairly reasonable(got some higher and some lower quotes) but the knowledge and professionalism that his posts, our pm correspondence and our phone calls exuded made him the perfect mech to do this job. I felt even more warm and fuzzy when I made a mistake by asking the machine shop to bore to a certain diameter instead of giving them my pistons spec sheet. The machine shop did their job, but I didn't account for the necessary gap tolerance required between the piston skirt and cylinder wall. United noticed the issue right away and instead of just trying to throw the block together as im sure some people would he SHOWED me the problem and offered to take the block and components to his guy who fixed the issue quick fast and in a hurry. Two days later, I was surprised with a pix text of the assembled block. This guy makes magic happen and his lab is about 2 hours from me, but his attention to detail, speedy work and customer service made it worth it. Thanks United. Your business will be recommended to all. Sorry for the crappy pix, i have a crappy camera, but if anyone wants any more, I can try to take better ones.

DJ-of-E
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
United master has lived up to his name. A master. I came to him recently for some help, with some new parts and an open schedule and he took real good care of me. Earlier this week, he finished the build on my block and rotating assembly. I came to him with a ka24de block bored .20 over, je pistons, eagle rods, clevite bearings and arp main and head studs. At first I was a little scared to trust someone on zilvia because since the purchase of the car and even the purchasing of the car, I have been done real dirty by some members trying to or succeeding in selling me some janky ass items. I know some of the bad purchases are my fault due to lack of proper research, ignorance, and buying on impulse because I want to finish this build. But he has restored the hope that I had lost in people. Prices were fairly reasonable(got some higher and some lower quotes) but the knowledge and professionalism that his posts, our pm correspondence and our phone calls exuded made him the perfect mech to do this job. I felt even more warm and fuzzy when I made a mistake by asking the machine shop to bore to a certain diameter instead of giving them my pistons spec sheet. The machine shop did their job, but I didn't account for the necessary gap tolerance required between the piston skirt and cylinder wall. United noticed the issue right away and instead of just trying to throw the block together as im sure some people would he SHOWED me the problem and offered to take the block and components to his guy who fixed the issue quick fast and in a hurry. Two days later, I was surprised with a pix text of the assembled block. This guy makes magic happen and his lab is about 2 hours from me, but his attention to detail, speedy work and customer service made it worth it. Thanks United. Your business will be recommended to all. Sorry for the crappy pix, i have a crappy camera, but if anyone wants any more, I can try to take better ones.

I'm glad you took the time to do this review. I'm starting to be more incline to ask them since they are local (Anaheim?) for me. This will help a lot of people in deciding who and where to get their engine built.

Now I just need time to save because SPL suspension parts are expensive. :naughty:

Like I've replied to United, I most likely plan my engine rebuild either late next year or in 2 years. My engine is still good, but gotta handle the "other" areas of the car first :-/

UNITEDMASTER
03-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Hello gents,just a lil something to look at.Blackie this is all yours

tootall4la
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM
More updates Lol

S133P3R
04-13-2012, 09:28 PM
As far as stock ka rebuilds go, I would NOT RECCOMEND auto engine rebuild pros (aerpros.com) based on the fact that my oil drain plug fell out minutes after leaving their shop entering the fwy. No I did not hit anything, it wasn't snapped - just gone. There's been a few other details I am noticing and am less than happy wit like the mix-matched hardware that was re-used on my exhaust manifold, I can only pray the internal hardware was replaced with new.

UNITEDMASTER
04-23-2012, 12:58 AM
36776BUMPIN IT UP UPDATES.

Just put together a KA short blocK,its very nice,,spins sooooo good,machine honed,line honed & surfaced. New pistons,new OEM rings,STD. (clevite) bearings.I gaped this one (within the range) a touch on the loose side with the top ring,tighter on the second & the oil rings at the minimum. This will be great for a mild KA-T(1 bar max),or a NA-screamer that operates in high heat/high load(circut spec) It will be going on the market this week.

Also got a 1J party over here,Im cleaning up mine ,& doing a rebuild on a customers 1J,I will show you guys the aftermath of going lean in 5th gear WANGAN style!!!!.

So this JZ will get bored & honed,surfaced. Forged pistons,rods re-worked, all ARP hardware.OEM headgsaket yep stock HG,fuel sys upgrade(BOSCH 044).

Cylinder head is already together,stock head with upgraded springs/retainers &&& HKS cams .

dawagarage
06-08-2012, 04:37 AM
anyone have any shop suggestions for FURTHER so cal? (san diego.) mainly looking for a machine shop for some of the things i cant do at home (hot tanking, honing, etc)

the rest of the work will be done in my garage.

motor is ka24de. not planning to boost.

hingamatt
06-08-2012, 06:35 PM
In for San Diego suggestions too.

Unitedmaster do you remove and reinstall too?

UNITEDMASTER
06-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Hello there yes I do R & R also if needed. I will update with some more eye candy later to day!!!!

dluevanos01
06-17-2012, 12:35 AM
might need my sr rebild just for "safety". all of you who do the rebuilds, can you pm me with prices and what is included/will be done? thanks

UNITEDMASTER
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
updates gents... 1JZ fully redone,CP pistons,ARP everything,OEM HG,HKS 272s. Bored & honed(select fit), surfaced block,rods resized,pin fit,crank polished. BC springs & retainers. OEM gasket set.

SaVAgES14
06-19-2012, 10:28 PM
updates gents... 1JZ fully redone,CP pistons,ARP everything,OEM HG,HKS 272s. Bored & honed(select fit), surfaced block,rods resized,pin fit,crank polished. BC springs & retainers. OEM gasket set.

What's the name of ur shop?

UNITEDMASTER
06-22-2012, 10:47 AM
^^^ DBA, Impulse Engines! You can call me direct, number in the sig

SR20 geting ready for serious bidness!!!!

UNITEDMASTER
06-26-2012, 11:15 PM
What it dooo.........SR20 all up side ya head!!! Custom engine making.

89_240jdm
06-29-2012, 03:29 AM
What it dooo.........SR20 all up side ya head!!! Custom engine making.

how bout Block decked, hot tanked, ??? can you post more pic of engine you have Block decked, hot tanked ??

thanks ,,

hektik13
07-14-2012, 01:15 AM
1 and only person I would recommend is Andrew Molina who worked for garage boso (built formula d motors) started his own shop in Ontario,CA with Bryan Rogers and Ryan Litterall they built my motor and its sick

Facebook.com/animalauto
(909)437-1480

s13love-green
07-15-2012, 09:00 PM
im having UNITEDMASTER rebuild my ka, really cool guy !
ill post pics of his work wen i get the car back

dawagarage
07-15-2012, 09:58 PM
^pics and a detailed break down of parts, services, etc etc, plz :)

GroundPerformance
07-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I also offer engine rebuilds but currently limited to KA/SR motor at the moment. I'm not a shop and does most of the work at my garage. Also not my full time gig since I do fairly well maintaining an IT Infrastructure. I do however like wrenching on my free time and good on project planning. If you want an alternative place hit me up and we can go from there. For those wanting to go KA-T LMK as well that's my favorite.

jordaninnovations
07-16-2012, 06:47 PM
We can provide you with a rebuild. PM'd.

LSXINMYPANTS
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
I really should start using zilvia alot more often...

-Andrew Molina

AnimalAuto
1203 w brooks st
ontario ca 91763
(909)437-1480

UNITEDMASTER
07-31-2012, 10:46 AM
^pics and a detailed break down of parts, services, etc etc, plz :)

Here ya go,block surfaced,honed,& hot tanked,rods resized,pin fit small end & piston bore. New rings all hand gaped individually,cyl head presure tested ,cleaned,surfaced,valve job & new stem seals.. I been real busy so I didnt take as much pics as usual this time

For more info & pricing PM me or call direct numder is in the signature

stinky_180
08-02-2012, 03:52 PM
hey mr jackson

have you ever installed KADE oil squirters on a SOHC KA block? I'm looking at doing a full rebuild in 2013 and im considering taking my car to you.

dawagarage
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Hopsing's machine shop in San Diego

just got my datsun L20b rebuilt there for $400.
this included
-decking the block
-polishing the crank
-boring the block for .75mm over pistions
-rebuilding the head
-new valves (both int/exh)
-complete gasket set

i just needed them to do the machining that i cant do at home.
im doing the assembly myself (however they did reassemble the rods/pins with the new pistons)
-all parts cleaned 'hot tanked'

SaVAgES14
12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I was considering having hopsings do the maching on my ka. Do you have any pics you can post of the work done?

tootall4la
01-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Someone give me a quote on a ka24de rebuild?? One with a standard rebuild??and another with forged internals such and wiseco pistons and eagle rods and arp everything ???

UNITEDMASTER
01-11-2013, 06:54 PM
1500 stock,if you want all the fancy stuff add the parts price of aftermarket stuff to that base price,done............Holla

YOSHIKOUKI
01-11-2013, 07:13 PM
1500 stock,if you want all the fancy stuff add the parts price of aftermarket stuff to that base price,done............Holla

where are yo located in anaheim

UNITEDMASTER
01-12-2013, 11:08 AM
PM me for specifics....:)

Zenki_cb
01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Subscribed. Would like to see more info.

AcidAngel
01-23-2013, 12:58 PM
a good shop to visit, i saw their last ka-t build and it looked clean..

:AA:

Garage Life
11128 Rush Street
South El Monte, CA, 91733

WIKID S4TEEN
01-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Any known places in 818 or 661 area?

UNITEDMASTER
02-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Starting this month I will be offering,jobber priceing on all ARP hardware & Clevite bearings for rebuilds......

tootall4la
02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Jobber? What

UNITEDMASTER
02-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Jobber pricing is what industry insiders pay for parts,like wholesale price...I have no idea where the term comes from,lol

kamikaze1
02-17-2013, 07:20 PM
you should check out Natural Aspirations they do really good work and tunes aswell

SaVAgES14
04-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Getting my ka block machined for my SRP pistons. Should have it back by Tuesday or Wednesday. Took it to Volkswagon Paradise since they were closest to me and had a good rep. Will upload pics with a review later.

tootall4la
05-23-2013, 02:58 AM
More updates!!!

UNITEDMASTER
06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
KA T Coming together

tootall4la
07-05-2013, 03:58 AM
Burning oil. Need my KA rebuilt

UNITEDMASTER
07-05-2013, 01:19 PM
BRO....you been saying that since last year,I have quoted you multiple times,in this thread,& in PM SOOO :)

tootall4la
07-05-2013, 01:40 PM
BRO....you been saying that since last year,I have quoted you multiple times,in this thread,& in PM SOOO :)

Lol shoot me your number.. Been busy with school, basketball, and work

Shehatesme42
07-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Hey send ur # so I give u a call:hitit:

UNITEDMASTER
07-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Also doing routine maintenance & service all makes.
I have accts. With World PAC,& SSF !!!!

Guitar Nut
07-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Animal Auto does good work, they are in Ontario though.

UNITEDMASTER
07-18-2013, 06:46 PM
^^^ I know them dudes since back in tha day...BIG UPS,Free enterprises, USA......DORIFTO yaaaayyyyyyy..option ;)

tootall4la
07-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Anyone have info or experience with Garage Life?? Thinking Of taking my car there

tootall4la
10-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

UNITEDMASTER
10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
I will get up some picd of recent project,been super busy.... :)

UNITEDMASTER
10-23-2013, 05:13 PM
KA googies and a Boxster spec motor that got top end rebuilt

bardabe
11-04-2013, 10:18 AM
been doing lot's of Subaru's lately.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1078546_10200773951604934_1478948312_o.jpg

ng26
11-27-2013, 06:59 AM

62024KA googies and a Boxster spec motor that got top end rebuilt

sent you a pm a few days ago about getting my motor rebuilt. if you could just shoot me your number i can give you a call to get a quote. thanks in advance.

LovetoSlide
11-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Sent a PM to UNITEDMASTER as well. Need an SR with factory rebuild ASAP. But whoever else can help, please send a PM so I can give you my number!!

ng26
11-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Sent a PM to UNITEDMASTER as well. Need an SR with factory rebuild ASAP. But whoever else can help, please send a PM so I can give you my number!!

Yeah if anyone else can do it I'd like your number as well since I haven't had any luck getting ahold united master.

UNITEDMASTER
11-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Hello guys , all mail has been replied. Been busy & I don't get log on as much these days . But hmu by phone direct. Peace out

jdmcwestevo
11-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Hey my name is Bryan from Way Too Fast Motorsports we also do rebuilds on KA's and SR's. we also work on american v8's evos, miatas etc. we are located in Venice Beach California. Shoot me a PM for a quote on your rebuild or any work you need done. We also do tuning on most ecus.

s12_Pilot
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
If anyone needs rebuilds my shop and i can do it. No matter what your engine is. Txt me. 760 760 371 5952

DriftN00b
12-11-2013, 07:46 AM
can someone shoot me united masters number in a pm please

UNITEDMASTER
02-08-2014, 07:42 PM
KA single / dual cam... SR.. The usual dealio ;)

UNITEDMASTER
02-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Fresh cut... Bomb head!!

UNITEDMASTER
03-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Fresh KA, only a top end refresh for the engine, the rest of the car is geting a full remake, full paint, paint engine bay. This car is/was red. All in house :)

Jhon29
03-31-2014, 09:02 PM
I buy on amazon.
http://www.bediro.com/images/3/w1.png

Akito86
04-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Looking for an affordable shop to get a sohc running strong again, or swap in a fresh dohc. im located in the high desert/ontario, but if towing its provided location does not matter.Anyone know a no bs shop/guy who can get to it soon lmk

LovetoSlide
04-15-2014, 02:41 PM
UNITEDMASTER is an AWESOME and KNOWLEDGEABLE mechanic. His prices were super fair for my stock SR rebuild and was very timely in getting it fixed quickly. He does not bullshit and will tell you if there is something you NEED or if there is something wrong with your current set-up. He has a bunch of 240's he owns that he also works on in his shop and they are all IMMACULATE.

I will never again take my car to another mechanic because he is one that I can TRUST and someone who I feel confident to leave my car with.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2vj1xqs.jpg

Thank you again!!

jacobs13
04-16-2014, 09:16 AM
I do rebuilds all the time. Usually a two week turn around and I do everything for you (pull,rebuild,re-install) Pm me for info.

YOSHIKOUKI
04-16-2014, 09:34 AM
Fresh KA, only a top end refresh for the engine, the rest of the car is geting a full remake, full paint, paint engine bay. This car is/was red. All in house :)

Where are you located?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

UNITEDMASTER
04-17-2014, 09:21 AM
^^^ Anaheim...

adams 02rs
04-29-2014, 04:43 PM
I do rebuilds all the time. Usually a two week turn around and I do everything for you (pull,rebuild,re-install) Pm me for info.

Oh yeah....build my rb then.

SeR MiXaLoT
05-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I had UNITEDMASTER do an Removal and Reinstall for my s13 and will gladly have him do any other major car work in the future. The guy is legit, friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly honest and genuine when it comes to dealing with someone online. His prices are extremely fair and goes out of his way to help you out. The rebuilt long block i had bought from another person needed some mechanical corrections done to it prior to being turned and cranked up, and he was able to catch the mistakes and fixed it for me. While he's working on your car/motor, he sends pictures and videos to update on the progress he is making. I will gladly refer any friends or family to him that have any car issues that require a more mechanically inclined mind to fix their issues.

YOSHIKOUKI
07-08-2014, 11:12 AM
^^^ Anaheim...
Hey man I was wondering if I could give u call or stop by ur shop to talk business

frmdabak187
07-12-2014, 03:54 AM
^^^ Anaheim...

pm me your # pls sir :D

UNITEDMASTER
07-12-2014, 01:46 PM
you both have mail.....

YOSHIKOUKI
09-08-2014, 07:57 PM
Unitedmaster what can I say this guy is one of a kind brought my car to him in early August for a rebulid on my already built sr20 that was sabotaged by another shop. He was friendly knew wat he was talking about and most importantly backed it up with his work im extremely satisfied with the work hes done thus far highly recommend him not only for motor work but also paint&body he does it all. 7567475675756767567775678

AllThingsGravy
01-29-2016, 09:56 AM
Bumping an old thread here but seeking help. I'm looking to rebuild my engine for the first time and I need a place to do machine work if anyone can help me out. Thanks.

zilvia_brothers
01-30-2016, 12:53 AM
Thanks for bumping this thread. Im looking for someone to rebuild by vg30e

UNITEDMASTER
02-01-2016, 01:24 PM
For all your engine needs. PM me or check out the FB page IMPULSE AUTO

sked707
04-12-2017, 10:18 PM
REVIVE OLD THREAD! So I'm looking to rebuild my single cam KA on my 90 & I'm in the San Fernando valley. Anybody know of any good reliable spots in the valley?? Let me know thanks.

Dek-Thai
04-12-2017, 10:36 PM
cough time to upgrade cough lol