PDA

View Full Version : help with my s13 !!

foxrydr13
10-31-2011, 10:23 PM
alright so i have a 91 240sx (s13) i just recently put on some simple bolt on stuff (intake, header, cat, exhaust etc) and in doing so i also removed the emissions crap: egr and PAIR.
before i removed them, i heard the car would run rich if i took them off, so i ordered a tuned ecu for what i had done to compensate.
the car would still start/run with the stock ecu, it just seemed a little too rich. i checked for codes and only got 14 and 34. so i got the new one installed. started it up, crazy idle going up and down. the car was running so rich it blackened my plugs and o2 sensor instantly, and shortly after it flooded itself out. the guy told me to check the codes. so it came back with a MAF code. however if my MAF was bad, wouldnt it show on the stock ecu? anyway, i tried unplugging the MAF and letting it idle, it leveled out the idle a bit but it still smells very rich. there are no visible vaccuum leaks or anything like that, so if anyone has any suggestions id greatly appreciate it. my main question is if the MAF was really bad, wouldnt it show on every ECU i try on the car?

project-D180
11-19-2011, 05:05 PM
get a new maf

energy0uth
12-01-2011, 06:32 PM
You would have been fine with the parts you put on with your stock ecu and removing the emissions is never really worth it. Clean the maf up or borrow one from somebody.