PDA

View Full Version : ? for the West Coasters Ref. AE86

AutoDestruct
12-11-2003, 09:34 AM
What is the availability of the AE86 in your area/'s. They simply do not exist in my locality, and when one is located it has been throughly eaten by rust. I am very interested in obtaining one and was just wondering about availability. When I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico there was quite a few. As was the case with old Z cars. I am looking to get this platform shipped to me, I know I know dousan, and was wondering. I need something unique to use as a daily driver.

So to wrap it up.
How many are around?
Are they for sale?
Prices?

The frame is the part I want the Engine is not so important. Please help a brother out. ANY info will be greatly appreciated.:D :p

mastalee
12-11-2003, 09:45 AM
I am in SoCal where the import culture is a norm. I see them sometimes. To me I mostly see coupes; almost 2/3 are and 1/3 are Hatch's. Of these cars I see, only 1/3 are fixed up, or look fixed up. This does not count drift events because all the hidden ones will suddenly appear.

A lot of SR5's a few GTS's. It is kinda of nice because not everyone that drives one is an enthusiast. Half the time I see some normal person driving one as his/her daily driver so the chances of you getting a non-abused one is somewhat good.

For prices. If someone does not know what he has <$1500 (rare). Other than that $1500-3000 with usually some aftermarket parts. Anything more means he really fixed it up or he is asking too much.

I see a few SR5's in the junkyard too, maybe like 1-2.

Hope that helps, and I hope it did not look like I was not teasing you on our availabilty in SoCal.

mbmbmb23
12-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Check your PM.

mrmephistopheles
12-11-2003, 10:10 AM
why was this in CHAT?

aznpoopy
12-11-2003, 11:18 AM
super rare out here in NJ. only saw one ever. red gts hatchback /w flipups and cf hood. my gf and i shouted 'TAKUUUMIII!!!' out the window in my 240sx as he drove by. got a thumbs up lol.

btw if you really are considering getting a 86, keep in mind they are often much more expensive to keep then 240s... alot of stuff breaks on them 24/7 and you are always repairing the broken stuff. they are nearing the 20 year old mark, after all. like rx7s i guess... labor of love :)