PDA

View Full Version : keep ur kids safe from candy and drugs

speedracer5
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone who goes out with there kids be on the look out seen this and just wanted to keep zilvia members safe.

Marijuana-laced Halloween candy has LA sheriffs on alert | abc7.com (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8409380)

word sux
10-28-2011, 06:26 PM
seems to me like they are just trying to demonize dispensaries.

trale
10-28-2011, 06:47 PM
i agree, but thats fucked up if some dumbass hippie gives a candy like that to a kid

Quail
10-28-2011, 06:47 PM
What a non-story. A lesson in media scaremongering:

"Hmmm, Halloween is coming up. How can we exploit this holiday to get loads of people coming to our website, thus clicking the ads plastered all over our page.

Well, nothing seems to be happening, so we should invent a problem. People always worry about their children. People also worry about drugs. What about, we scare parents in to thinking that strangers are going to spike their children! Despite these drug-laced candies being around for many many years now, there are no records of it actually happening. But hey, why should that matter!?

Perfect. We'll start a panic; concerned citizens will post our story all over forums, causing it to go viral. We'll get loads of website traffic, and loads of ad earnings!"

Atleast they had the courtesy to include:

The L.A. County Sherriff's Department says it's not aware of anyone handing out marijuana-laced munchies

speedracer5
10-28-2011, 08:11 PM
What a non-story. A lesson in media scaremongering:

"Hmmm, Halloween is coming up. How can we exploit this holiday to get loads of people coming to our website, thus clicking the ads plastered all over our page.

Well, nothing seems to be happening, so we should invent a problem. People always worry about their children. People also worry about drugs. What about, we scare parents in to thinking that strangers are going to spike their children! Despite these drug-laced candies being around for many many years now, there are no records of it actually happening. But hey, why should that matter!?

Perfect. We'll start a panic; concerned citizens will post our story all over forums, causing it to go viral. We'll get loads of website traffic, and loads of ad earnings!"

Atleast they had the courtesy to include:

never thought of it that way. i just posted just for people to be on the look out nothing wrong with that if this meesage u post is towards me now if its towards the media i can see what you mean and that to me is just media lowering them selves and just makes them look pathetic

mr.booie
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
wouldnt the person handing out all that candy lose a shit ton of money? lol. giving out his product for free. if this is real and they find out which place is handing out all the drugs, i have a feeling that there will be tons of adult trick or treaters lining up at that guys house. haha.

Jtuned_andy
10-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I can guarantee that there is NOBODY putting weed into edibles for kids to eat on Halloween. This 'farce' of people putting drugs into candy comes around almost every year like clockwork since the fucking 80's

BustedS13
10-28-2011, 10:45 PM
our government/media/46% of Americans love to bury their heads in the sand.

wonpoo
10-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Brother said "BUD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

heavenboundkevin
10-29-2011, 08:53 AM
i bet no one even thought to do this, now that it has media coverage some trolls are gonna do it for the lols and post it on certain websites for +1000 internets.

i dont want to live on this planet anymore....

Matej
10-29-2011, 10:58 AM
I can guarantee that there is NOBODY putting weed into edibles for kids to eat on Halloween.
The government is putting methamphetamine in our drinking water to divert attention from the Antarctica genocide.

amdnivram
10-29-2011, 11:29 AM
its ridiculous, even if some how a child would eat one, theres no harm other than the kid falling asleep for a few hours.

conrad_s13.5
10-31-2011, 08:51 AM
lol....the time and money im sure that would go into that to just hand out......haha

no way

murda-c
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Oh no, my kid got a hold of some candy, and now he's acting scared of things that arent scary, laughing at things that arent funny, eating massive amounts of junk food and then passing out.

Oh wait that's what kids already do on halloween.

badbob2121
10-31-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh no, my kid got a hold of some candy, and now he's acting scared of things that arent scary, laughing at things that arent funny, eating massive amounts of junk food and then passing out.

Oh wait that's what kids already do on halloween.

lol, awesome^^

i might have to look through my son's candy tonight for something i might *like*

;)

Farzam
10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
1. I want to start trick or treating again.
2. That's a really expensive idea, doubtful it'd ever happen...

qwerth
11-02-2011, 08:58 PM
^ not cheap at all

!Zar!
11-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Giving away drugs for free?

Jigga please.

DS562
11-02-2011, 09:01 PM
not that i'd be interested in seeing such things, but even if somebody gave kids laced candy, what the fuck would be the point? they wouldnt even get to see them trip.

treken2t87
11-02-2011, 09:06 PM
It's awesome how there's no reference anywhere of any candy that could contain *GASP* alcohol...like liquor candy has never been produced or anything haha.