PDA

View Full Version : OFF TOPIC:What do you think of the new Titan and Pathfinder Armada

Ghettokracker71
12-10-2003, 01:24 PM
I just wanted to see what everybody thought about Nissan's fist attempt at full size truck-dom,and SUVs ! I personally think that for trucks,and suvs they are pretty kick-ass,but I want to know what y'all think

SimpleS14
12-10-2003, 02:35 PM
I think those trucks are rather nice and cater to those looking for a mean attitude but elegant style in a truck (for the price). So far I've only seen the Pathfinder Armada...but since I'm less than a mile way from Nissan dealership..I'm pretty sure I will see the Titan real soon. :p

These trucks need some exposure before they can take sales away from the BIG 3 and toyota.

I hear that the upcoming Pathfinder is suppose to be badass.

nokeone
12-10-2003, 03:36 PM
yeah i dig um..:)..

masta
12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Yeah they are real nice. If I had to get a truck I would get a Titan. Even has a Navi, which would be kinda nice. As you can see I am not an off-road/rock-climbing person. ;)

Nissan is recently on a HP power trip; it might be a sales technique. They seem to be trying to rule every class (not counting luxury and exotics). I think they pretty much have it down, only car I can think of that they do not have is the Sports Compact class ruled by the SRT-4.

Also heard that their numbers are a little over estimated, where the wheel and flywheels are significantly different, somewhere around a 20-30% I hear.

WhiteNissanS13
12-10-2003, 07:50 PM
i just dont like the shape on the cabin on the armada.

S13SilviaGirl
12-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Like the titan, dont dig the new pathfinder....but it is hella big

mrmephistopheles
12-10-2003, 10:29 PM
i think they're both pretty badass

Fastback180
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
They're getting rid of the "Pathfinder" in 2005....And just going all out w/the Armada....As for the Titan....We just got 7 more in today....And our first one was last week. But Passport, Alexandria had one before us...That's where I first personally saw it....The Armada and the Titan look too much the same....Also the Titan won the 4 Wheeler magazine challenge against the new F150, and the new Tundra........Personally......I'm a Tacoma fan.

Fastback180
12-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by 95KoukiS14
but since I'm less than a mile way from Nissan dealership

Cowels is weak!!!!!

Ghettokracker71
12-11-2003, 03:34 PM
Pop. Mechanics did a comparo of new F-150, Tundra, Dodge Ram, Seira Denali,and chevy silverado and Titan blasted through it coming out number 1 without question ! Its great how all the other trucks had to have fairly high option engines to even be comperable to the Titan standard engine(IE GMC/Chevy Seirra/Silverado has to have 4 higher engine options to LOOSE to the titan,4.3 V-6 is standard,next from there is the V-8s,4.8,5.3,5.7 and then finally 6.0) Although the dodge did out corner it....oh well,nissan sure knows how to kick some ass !

Fastback180
12-11-2003, 03:39 PM
Pence is weak too!
(for you richmond kids)

crioten
12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
dudes, its nissan, therefore of course, it owns all.....

are they priced the same or cheaper than the competion?

Ghettokracker71
12-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by crioten
dudes, its nissan, therefore of course, it owns all.....

are they priced the same or cheaper than the competion?

Ha hah ! That is going into my sig....I beleive,I could be wrong,as you people on Zilvia like to prove,its about the same...the best thing is,the 5.6 Endurance V-8 is standard unlike the competition who offers weak V-6's.....

Ghettokracker71
12-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Fastback180
Pence is weak too!
(for you richmond kids)

Watch it bro! I love pence...they really helped my (real) brother get his KA24DE powered Frontier, when victory wouldn't get near him,hes in college....

S13SilviaGirl
12-11-2003, 09:31 PM
OK I am in love with the Smoke grey metallic. So I like them better now.:D The fully loaded ones are running about $40K for the titan...thats with all the towing crap and different gearing options.

SimpleS14
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
yea...someone told me a fully loaded Titan runs around 43K....

does anyone find that really odd?

ca18guy
12-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Price is all about how you option out the truck, the V-8 is standard on all, so thats :cool:

Here are the prices...

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/1,,action-priceOptions_modelId-24367_trimId-tic,00.html

I compared options to the Ford F-150 on Fords site and its comparable if not better (expecially in base trim)

Ghettokracker71
12-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by ca18guy
Price is all about how you option out the truck, the V-8 is standard on all, so thats :cool:

Here are the prices...

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/1,,action-priceOptions_modelId-24367_trimId-tic,00.html

I compared options to the Ford F-150 on Fords site and its comparable if not better (expecially in base trim)

Of course its better...it has a mudpie,not a blue oval

Startours7
12-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Ghettokracker71
Pop. Mechanics did a comparo of new F-150, Tundra, Dodge Ram, Seira Denali,and chevy silverado and Titan blasted through it coming out number 1 without question ! Its great how all the other trucks had to have fairly high option engines to even be comperable to the Titan standard engine(IE GMC/Chevy Seirra/Silverado has to have 4 higher engine options to LOOSE to the titan,4.3 V-6 is standard,next from there is the V-8s,4.8,5.3,5.7 and then finally 6.0) Although the dodge did out corner it....oh well,nissan sure knows how to kick some ass !
GM only puts the 5.7 in the corvette and the GTO and it would stay for long. Hasn't seen a truck for a few years now.
6.0=300hp/360ftq
H.O.6.0(SS only)=345hp/380ftq
8.1=320hp/440ftq
Looks like P.M. left out the big block. Mostly becuse of cost I'm guessing. Mabey there not chevy fans.
The 8.1 has more tq then any full sized (gas) truck.
I like chevy
Nissan still cool though.:coolugh:

Ghettokracker71
12-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Oh my bad startours,....its extremely unfair to compare a huge ass big block (chev 502ci) to a 347ci small block(nissan 5.6) still funny how the chev 6.0 has less power/is slower than the Nissan's standard V-8,a big block powered truck is considered the next class up,wich nissan is NOT going for ....

According to Car&Driver November issue the Nissan Titan runs 0-60MPH in 6.9 seconds,wich is pretty damn fast considering that would blow the doors off most of the "sport compacts" aka "20g pocket rockets" and a shitton of other new "sports" cars

Startours7
12-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ghettokracker71
Oh my bad startours,....its extremely unfair to compare a huge ass big block (chev 502ci) to a 347ci small block(nissan 5.6) still funny how the chev 6.0 has less power/is slower than the Nissan's standard V-8,a big block powered truck is considered the next class up,wich nissan is NOT going for ....

According to Car&Driver November issue the Nissan Titan runs 0-60MPH in 6.9 seconds,wich is pretty damn fast considering that would blow the doors off most of the "sport compacts" aka "20g pocket rockets" and a shitton of other new "sports" cars

I couldn't agree more.
Nissan knows there shit. That is pretty funny. But If you need big block power and an allison tranny ( searious towing ) You aint doing it with a Nissan. I really like that fact that Nissan waited a while to come out with a big truck rather then bombing with some thing like the t100.
They really should think about a diesel or something. You konw, so you can pull a small country or something. Ha Ha