PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about shows.

ZOLTAN
12-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Well, I saw a Perfect Circle last night.
It was a pretty good show.
It's been about 5 years since I've seen a major label band live.
I prefer watching small independent bands.
But, it was a good time none the less.

Though, I was reminded why I stopped going to large shows like this. Security.
I hate having to be Patted down like a criminal just to see a band. It's funny, I can go and watch the Dillinger Escape Plan and not have to worry about getting treated this way.
And DEP shows are very rowdy. But then again, they do draw a very different crowd.

Ok, now post about a resent shows you've been to.
Also list the top five favorite shows you've attended.

Here are mine.
1. Dillinger Escape Plan and Isis @ the Fireside Bowl in Chicago.
2. Neurosis @ Ozzfest 1997.
3. Hot Water Music, Leatherface @ the Fireside Bowl in Chicago 1999 I think.
4. Botch and Dillinger Escape Plan(with Sean Ingram) @ Krazy Fest 2001.
5. Isis @ Michgan Fest 2002.
This is just a quicky list, I know I'm forgetting something.

.Eddie.

ONYX S-13
12-10-2003, 12:41 PM
I dislike tv a lot...The only channels i watch are discovery, history,animal planet, speedvision, and family guy (Even though that's not a channel )

ZOLTAN
12-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Anubis9228 will love this.
http://vr4.org/img/npr/random/baddudehijack.jpg

Come on.:rolleyes:

ratm
12-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Stupid ninjas. That game is impossible.

AKADriver
12-10-2003, 08:39 PM
It's been too long for me. Last one was Violent Femmes (yeah!!) when I was in college.

The reason I haven't seen anything lately... going to shows around here means going into DC, which I hate doing from a logistical point of view. We got less good shows in Albany but I could just drive to the venue and park nearby.

ca18guy
12-10-2003, 08:50 PM
I never goto shows anymore because I live away from home. I guess the last one would have been the 2002 Warped Tour, NOFX and Bad Religion were the most notable bands. It was ok but I don't like how its during the day and had so many bands on at the same time :( The last show with one headliner I been to was AFI back in 2000, so it's been a pretty long time since I really been out to see anyone. I was gonna go see the band Strike Anywhere by myself up here in NC a few weeks ago, but I totalled my car a few weeks before :wtc:

mastalee
12-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by ONYX S-13
I dislike tv a lot...The only channels i watch are discovery, history,animal planet, speedvision, and family guy (Even though that's not a channel ) I do not think he is talking about TV Shows, but rather concerts.

Been a while since I have been to one. Remember seeing Powerman 2000 before they got famous. I cannot remember the groups, but then again I was not in the right state of mind when I went to these. If you know what I mean... ;)

Yeah I understand how you feel about the security thing. Even though they do it, you always know that there are some who get past it.

ZOLTAN
12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Wow, some real responses. Thanks.
I was worried that this thread was going to be taken over by idiots.

.Eddie.

whateverjames
12-10-2003, 10:59 PM
In order..
http://james.systemsilence.com/ozz02.jpg
http://james.systemsilence.com/ozz01.jpg
http://james.systemsilence.com/nin.jpg
http://james.systemsilence.com/rush.jpg
http://james.systemsilence.com/ej.jpg

ONYX S-13
12-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by mastalee
I do not think he is talking about TV Shows, but rather concerts.

Ha ha..My bad

crioten
12-11-2003, 09:18 AM
dam james, i was prolly at the top three tickets, the same concert lol.......wonder if we saw each other

but what ive seen recently are:

1. static x, amazing show
2. 311, another good show
3. the last 2 ozzfests
4. korn
5. going to see APC this weekend

man, if you can get a chance to see static x live do so....their concerts rock so hard...

-glen

whateverjames
12-13-2003, 10:22 PM
haha. That's cool.
I was supposed to go to the last Static X show not too long ago but I didn't. I was offered a free ticket, too. :hammer: But I really didn't know the person too well, other than some bad things and I didn't feel like driving all the way downtown with this person in my car! Kinda awkward.

thelinja
12-13-2003, 11:25 PM
I've been to 3 shows.

q.) 311/Zebrahead, awesome except for crowd surfing over the front railing and being launched by a 350lb security gaurd away from the stage.

k.) Blink 182/ Green Day, Blink played some decent songs but they are a bunch of dumbasses. Green day was excellent. I would definitely see them again.

9.) 311/Something Corporate/OAR, OAR and 311 both kicked ass beyond belief and left me in awe. SC was alright.

I may be going to see nonpoint this Friday in Chicago.

camppain
12-14-2003, 01:05 AM
I've seen wu, MEth and redman, Common and Mos Def and thats all I can think of. Ohh I saw Juice rock it at a bboy party

Chernobyl
12-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by thelinja
k.) Blink 182/ Green Day, Blink played some decent songs but they are a bunch of dumbasses. Green day was excellent. I would definitely see them again.

Agreed 100%. I saw this same show here, and I wanted to slap Blink in their faces afterwards, but Greenday made it all worthwhile :bowdown: .

STIwish
12-15-2003, 12:04 AM
The Offspring probably had the best live show ive ever been too.. they have so much energy on stage man.

Bliss
12-15-2003, 12:19 AM
id like to see APC....been to one ozzfest, 2 years ago i think, rocked pretty hard...

been to BFD in the bay area twice. my first concert was BFD...its one of those 25 bands in one day on 3 stages type of concerts. i liked it.

also went to summer sanatarium two summers ago, i think. pretty bad ass. its powerman 5000, not 2000. that was an awesome show. powerman 5000, system of a down (awesome), Kid Rock (lame, but lots of girls took off their shirts :D) Korn, damn good, and metallica fucking rocked.

just went to a rap concert i though would be awesome. lil jon and eastside boyz, ying yang twins, ludacris, chingy, wyclef, mya. it sucked. shitty sound system and arranged seating.

seen Pepper and Mad Caddies and some other smaller bands at SOMA in SD last weekend. that was an awesome show.

im sure theres others, i cant remember. nice thread. :D

No Motiv
12-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Uhhh
Good clean fun, fearwhether, Darkest Hour, Star hides fire- at some church in University of MD
Melicolin, Senses Fail- DC
TAking Back Sunday, Saves the Day-DC
Thursday, Year of The Rabbit, Death by Stereo-DC
Brand New, Hot rod circuit- DC
Glasseater+ like 7 other bands- American University tavern

this is all in the past month

I go to to many shows

RoNiN240sx
12-16-2003, 05:04 PM
311 is definitely great in concert.

went to inland invasion w/a friend, alotta good bands, AFI, bad religion, Pennywise......but some really bad ones too, like Blink 182, they've got to have the stupidest live show ever, unless you're 12 years old and peepee poopoo still make you piss your pants.

also saw coldplay, yah i know, but there concert was tight.