PDA

View Full Version : Iraq war = done

BustedS13
10-22-2011, 12:47 AM
troops will be home for christmas, almost all 40k. ~150 staying behind for whatever reason. anybody else pumped?

revcyanide
10-22-2011, 12:52 AM
yup my freind just got back early from there, fucking radical!

jesse_s13
10-22-2011, 12:59 AM
Nice. Afghan here we come.

BustedS13
10-22-2011, 01:00 AM

i mean, we've been there for over a decade, so...

jesse_s13
10-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Im sure it might swell up a bit more.

skysilvias13
10-22-2011, 01:03 AM
My war will never be done with those fuckheads! RIP to my fallen brothers and sisters in arms!

19th Engineer Battlion/82nd FSE US. Army Crpl. Vet.

word sux
10-22-2011, 04:34 AM
wonder were they are going now?

maybe pakistan?

Kingbaby
10-22-2011, 05:19 AM
Seen some stuff pass across...lots of movement!

Off to africa!

yokotas13
10-22-2011, 05:47 AM

Off to africa!
yep, gonna be alot more staging from africa to achieve missions then return to africa.

Dont get it twisted. we are NOT going to be done with iraq. we just wont be positioned IN iraq

wonder were they are going now?

maybe pakistan?
god i hope not, that place is just as bad

ILoveMyRHS13
10-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Hmmm, haven't we already heard that before?

BustedS13
10-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Hmmm, haven't we already heard that before?
we have never heard a president announce that we are pulling virtually our entire fighting force out of the country, no.

revcyanide
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM

lol what, we have been there for a LONG time already.

that's were i am going in aug.

heavenboundkevin
10-22-2011, 10:25 AM
ill believe it after it happens.

wangan_cruiser
10-22-2011, 11:11 AM
it will never end. us likes to stick their nose on someone else business. they need to focus their attention to our economy and help our own country.

us will never leave pakistan alone the fact that osama was found there. or probably n. korea is next.

One_love_silvia
10-22-2011, 11:15 AM
ill believe it after it happens.

this............

simmode1
10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
it will never end. us likes to stick their nose on someone else business. they need to focus their attention to our economy and help our own country.

us will never leave pakistan alone the fact that osama was found there. or probably n. korea is next.
All true... but foreign policy under this administration is a bit different than it has been under the previous two. Look at our involvement in Lybia. We acted in concert with the international community under the flag of NATO.

Personally, I don't see us getting involved in any more large scale conflicts like Iraq and Afghanistan while Barack is in office, unless we get hit with another large attack and iron clad evidence of who did it. Otherwise, he'll work through NATO or sneakier covert means, IMO.

DS562
10-22-2011, 12:05 PM
if Obama makes good on this one, his approval rating is going to jump.

revcyanide
10-22-2011, 12:10 PM
for those that are saying they believe it when they see it.

Believe it, 2 friends just got sent home 3 months early on their iraq deployments, and 4 more i knew schedule to deploy there got there deployments canceled.

lewisfk
10-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Guys the reason why the troops are coming home is because the time line is pretty much up! The previous President agreed that we would be there until 2011! If we were to stay there, the chance of starting another war would be great! The militants we are working with, want us to leave. If U.S. troops are in a host country, and that country doesn't agree with us being there than its an occupation! The troops will not have immunity, and that means time to go!

dahveed
10-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Yea one my friends in the army was supposed to do a year tour , but he's coming back next month. He left in January. Good shit

Mikey McFly
10-22-2011, 01:36 PM
They're bringing people back depending on their MOS, their job, not everyone. Just the people they don't need to be paying extra for sitting around in A/C over there. Obama just sent a group of 150 to Uganda. He didn't leave 150 in Iraq. We're still in Iraq, we're still in Afghanistan, we've been in Pakistan, still in Lybia, also in Somalia, I mean.... C'mon.
I don't mean to kill the party but, they're not really sending back a significant amount back home. We've been stepping foot in Korea and South America too.

nismolvr
10-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Its nice to hear that some troops are coming home. Whenever a politician speaks, every thing they do is another move in the chess board. look people its Election time. OBL- Dead , Khadaffy -Dead, its all timing. Its all playing up to the people so he can be re-elected. I believe Troops will come home but not all. The US will set up a puppet elected leader that will play ball with us . I mean so American Corporations can set up shop .If we do get all troops out , I bet the UN will send troops just to keep the Iraqui people in check. Isnt the UN forces just and extension of the US ?

Saddam Hussein was an ally during the Iraq Iran war. When he no longer wanted to play ball , well you know he ended .Same shit happened to Khadaffi.

Whenever Corporations complain to Presidents about losing profits and civil unrest threatens their investments abroad , they send in US troops.Believe me, We aint leaving till we squeeze OIL money and every money making scheeme out of Iraq , or Lybia .Our Goverment didnt spend Billions on the War if they didnt think they would get more in return .War is a racket.

Matej
10-22-2011, 02:19 PM
The government wanted to stay there longer, but is pulling out because the Iraqi leaders would not grant US troops legal immunity anymore.

TheWolf
10-22-2011, 03:47 PM
it would be amazing if obama actually did something he said like "end both wars"

tricky_ab
10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
It took a while, but it's finally happening. I'm a little surprised it's so soon. "End of the year" is only two and a half months away.

BustedS13
10-22-2011, 08:28 PM
They're bringing people back depending on their MOS, their job, not everyone. Just the people they don't need to be paying extra for sitting around in A/C over there. Obama just sent a group of 150 to Uganda. He didn't leave 150 in Iraq. We're still in Iraq, we're still in Afghanistan, we've been in Pakistan, still in Lybia, also in Somalia, I mean.... C'mon.
I don't mean to kill the party but, they're not really sending back a significant amount back home. We've been stepping foot in Korea and South America too.

do some research before you just go pulling things out of your ass, please

The task now is to speed the pullout of the remaining U.S. forces, nearly 40,000 in number.
Staying behind in Iraq, where bombings and other violence still occur, will be some 150-200 U.S. military troops as part of embassy security, the defense attaché's office and the office of security cooperation.Iraq war over, US troops coming home, Obama says - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-war-over-us-troops-coming-home-obama-212231415.html)

EsChassisLove
10-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Alright start the bets.

This probably won't happen, unfortunately. Obamas way of trying to get re-elected.

lewisfk
10-22-2011, 08:41 PM

Were not in Lybia, we have ships of there coast bombing them! The CIA is there but there everywhere! Troops in korea, ya and they will always be there. Remember JAPAN can't have a military and there biggest threat is North Korea. And yes we have an agrement with south Korea so troops will always be there. The troops in Africa are there on Humanitarian deployments I might be on one shortly. Afghanistan war is not about the people its about all those minerals in those mountains.

Mikey McFly
10-23-2011, 01:58 AM
do some research before you just go pulling things out of your ass, please

Iraq war over, US troops coming home, Obama says - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/iraq-war-over-us-troops-coming-home-obama-212231415.html)
What research do I have to do if I was there in person? Do you believe EVERYTHING that's posted in the news? Iraq doesn't want us in country. We've lost our immunity. We, the troops, are being kicked out. We're not being brought back by some Obama "negotiation". Please.
Quit being so naive.

Were not in Lybia, we have ships of there coast bombing them! The CIA is there but there everywhere! Troops in korea, ya and they will always be there. Remember JAPAN can't have a military and there biggest threat is North Korea. And yes we have an agrement with south Korea so troops will always be there. The troops in Africa are there on Humanitarian deployments I might be on one shortly. Afghanistan war is not about the people its about all those minerals in those mountains.
We have had troops in Lybia, just had a buddy come back from there 5 months ago. That's pretty f*cking recent. It wasn't anything humanitarian either. Having ships off the coast is still having our presence in their country too. I've done more than my share of MEU's and deployments. I know what's going on over there. Did five years in the Marines getting shot and mortared while trying to fix a helicopter, doing random convoys and watching my buddies drop left and right. Yea, f*ck that sh*t. Got the hell out after 5 years of bullshit.

It's a waste of time and money being over there.

BustedS13
10-23-2011, 02:30 AM

What research do I have to do if I was there in person? Do you believe EVERYTHING that's posted in the news? Iraq doesn't want us in country. We've lost our immunity. We, the troops, are being kicked out. We're not being brought back by some Obama "negotiation". Please.
Quit being so naive.

all but 150 troops are leaving Iraq. that's what this thread is about. i've highlighted the part where you fucked up for you. please stop talking out of your ass.

DJDANGER24
10-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Got the hell out after 5 years of bullshit.

Did you think it was going to be all fun and games and parties wearing your blues? Anyone who joined after march 2003 wanted to go to war. I joined in 2002 knowing i would eventually go. For me, it was over 5 years of the greatest service i could ever provide.

yokotas13
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
ummmmmm not really.

when i was in africa, it was a marine training base for guys going to OEF OIF.
I was there with special ops aircraft

conrad_s13.5
10-24-2011, 09:09 AM
awesome news!

few of my friends got back within the past week or two anyway,. but still awesome news for everyone else....lol

K_style
10-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Finally, It's about time...

pstarkt87
10-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Did you think it was going to be all fun and games and parties wearing your blues?

stab at the airforce?... what did you do?

badbob2121
10-24-2011, 02:40 PM

you know the USAF isnt the only branch with blues right?

he was referring to the corps son..

ch1873857
10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
just saw in the news they closed down the PX at Camp Victory last week. that means its a done deal.

Afghanistan is drawing down as well. drastically. My command is shutting down next month. and im going to be working out of my B Hut for the last month im here since my job is completely outside the gate.

DJDANGER24
10-25-2011, 12:06 AM

what bob said. I was ground support equipment mechanic

pstarkt87
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
my bad yo, sorry i forgot about that, please excuse my ignorance, im a maintainer too

fliprayzin240sx
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I was in Balad 2 yrs ago and that place looked like it was gonna be a permanent base in Iraq. We are pretty much done pulling out of there...think even the chow halls are barely open. Whoevers left out there will be eating MREs till they convoy out of there...

When we leave Iraq, sectarian violence will start again and say hello to an Iraqi Civil War. The terrorists are pretty much just waiting it out....

Gnnr
10-28-2011, 12:39 AM

Off to africa!

Somalia, Libya, Uganda: US increases Africa focus - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/somalia-libya-uganda-us-increases-africa-focus-205526688.html;_ylt=AvTM2MtQ1tbq9Ldbay1rxrqs0NUE;_ ylu=X3oDMTNsY2FwMnVmBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBGUARwa2cDOD gxMWEwYzgtMzJlYi0zMjZiLWJmMmMtZmJmYmJkYTMzMTg1BHBv cwM1BHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyAzM3NzFlM2EwLTAwZWYtMT FlMS1iN2RmLWQzOGI2ODY3MGRiOQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3)

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/REexpert44/AndHereWeGo.gif?t=1272403262

06_footy
10-28-2011, 05:18 AM
I was in Balad 2 yrs ago and that place looked like it was gonna be a permanent base in Iraq. We are pretty much done pulling out of there...think even the chow halls are barely open. Whoevers left out there will be eating MREs till they convoy out of there...

When we leave Iraq, sectarian violence will start again and say hello to an Iraqi Civil War. The terrorists are pretty much just waiting it out....

This is the truth.

fliprayzin240sx
10-29-2011, 08:38 AM
On a side note, if you're not believing that we're pulling out of Iraq...here's a Gee-whiz fact. We had over 500 bases/FOBs back in 08. As of Oct, we have 23 bases left.

I'm just glad I'm not deployed right now, I'd hate to be responsible of supply accounting and prepping all that crap to bring it back out. From what I'm hearing, Kuwait and Al Udied is a fucking mess right now with all the stuff coming out of Iraq and nobody really knows what to do with it. You got stuff that used to belong to units back stateside that got left behind there, now nobody knows who they originally belong to and give them back. Alot of the shit is gonna end up getting DRMO'd.

codyace
10-29-2011, 09:42 AM
I wanna know how much equipment we're leaving behind

codyace
10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm just glad I'm not deployed right now, I'd hate to be responsible of supply accounting and prepping all that crap to bring it back out. From what I'm hearing, Kuwait and Al Udied is a fucking mess right now with all the stuff coming out of Iraq and nobody really knows what to do with it. You got stuff that used to belong to units back stateside that got left behind there, now nobody knows who they originally belong to and give them back. Alot of the shit is gonna end up getting DRMO'd.

Ah I didn't see your post before I typed mine up.

I can 100% agree with you...it must be a mad mess going over hand reciepts (I'd say more along the lines of a lack of them). I know personally we left a TON of shit over there (pretty much anything with armor on it, or any specialized equipment)...and I can assure you that our hand receipts were even more Fubar as it was an Air Force detachment that came in behind us, with a completely different system than the one we used in the Army.

....on a side note, I'd love to know the 'cost' of this redeployment back to the USA/Other AO's. Must be nutty. Gotta keep an eye out on Auctions now for junky 998's to tear around the woods :D

ch1873857
10-31-2011, 12:02 AM
i just 16 3161s for all our vehicles and equipment, couldnt imagine that mess...

cdlong
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I wanna know how much equipment we're leaving behind

No you don't. :eek:

Virtually everything costs more to ship back than it's worth. I worked on moving a lot of stuff from Iraq to Afghanistan only because it was needed in Afghanistan anyway and was cheaper than buying new stuff and shipping it there.

jamg
11-01-2011, 02:52 PM
if Obama makes good on this one, his approval rating is going to jump.
it's all a stunt.

it isn't ironic at all that his term is coming to an end.

brb bring all troops home in hopes to win the next election.

Ron Paul 2012

revcyanide
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
it's all a stunt.

it isn't ironic at all that his term is coming to an end.

brb bring all troops home in hopes to win the next election.

Ron Paul 2012

i dont care the reason for it, it's happening