PDA

View Full Version : Gadhafi Captured and/or Killed according to reports

Phlip
10-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Link:
Gadhafi is dead, Libya official claims - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44971257/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/)

Now what?

slydin240sx
10-20-2011, 07:25 AM
WINNING!

msglength

enkei2k
10-20-2011, 07:47 AM
serious question...this affects us how?

osama 'died' and yet we're (troops) are still there fighting.
gadhafi 'died' and i'm sure we're still going to be there.

i guess...north korea's next? to answer your question. but i doubt it.

conrad_s13.5
10-20-2011, 07:52 AM
probably doesnt effect us in the slightest,.. but still interesting news

crazy

BustedS13
10-20-2011, 09:48 AM

we don't have troops in Libya. we ̶b̶o̶m̶b̶e̶d̶ freed the shit out of them, but we're not occupying them. we do still have a ridiculous presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, though.

enkei2k
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
we don't have troops in Libya. we ̶b̶o̶m̶b̶e̶d̶ freed the shit out of them, but we're not occupying them. we do still have a ridiculous presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, though.

you're right, sorry my mistake. I shoulda :l101: first but I figure we got troops all over the place lol

tricky_ab
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
There are quite a few pictures and videos that are not very work safe floating around...

As far as I know from news reports:

- Traveling with Convoy
- Convoy attacked by Rebels
- Gadaffi and Gunman run during firefight to the cement culvert
- Gunman and Gadaffi shot during battle (Gadaffi not an instant lethal shot)

The rest is what we've seen in videos.

95BoostedS14
10-20-2011, 11:53 AM
probably doesnt effect us in the slightest,.. but still interesting news

crazy

My sentiments exactly, American life will remain the same as it was before his death..still interesting though.

sw20>>s14
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
this just means we're holding strong as #1 as world police. amurika yeah!

S14DB
10-20-2011, 04:27 PM
There are quite a few pictures and videos that are not very work safe floating around...

As far as I know from news reports:

- Traveling with Convoy
- Convoy attacked by Rebels
- Gadaffi and Gunman run during firefight to the cement culvert
- Gunman and Gadaffi shot during battle (Gadaffi not an instant lethal shot)

The rest is what we've seen in videos.

Updated reports say that he was hiding in the culvert from the NATO strike and the New Gov forces found him and shot him in the arm/stomach while apprehending him(said to be accidental).
They were taking him to the hospital when the pro-gadaffi forces launched a counter attack on the convoy. He was killed in that firefight.

Now there is question if the second firefight happened. He left for the hospital wounded and bleeding. Arrived at the Hospital with a gunshot in the head.

DS562
10-20-2011, 04:30 PM
it took us billions of dollars and 10 years to take out bin laden.

it took a ragtag rebel resistance maybe 20-30 million in weapons and 8 months to kill gadhafi.

:picardfp:

Daniel.
10-20-2011, 04:35 PM
it took us billions of dollars and 10 years to take out bin laden.

it took a ragtag rebel resistance maybe 20-30 million in weapons and 8 months to kill gadhafi.

:picardfp:

You are incredibly ignorant if you're going to compare the two situations.

DS562
10-20-2011, 04:41 PM
im not really comparing the two, i know there were MANY more factors that played into each. all im saying is that with all of our manpower, tech, weapons and money, you'd think we could've done it in a more efficient manner.

the rebels set a goal and they achieved it. more power to em

S14DB
10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
The photo's of his dead body are floating around. No need to post them here. They will be deleted as gore.

bigs
10-20-2011, 04:49 PM

..........................try using your brain.

GUNMETALV35
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Link:

Now what?

Those were my exact words as soon as I read the headlines.

No doubt in my mind, we'll be a part of the "reconstruction effort." Which, trend analysis will lead you to believe, means... that part of the continent will just become the new battlefield against a number of terrorist groups.

Afghanistan might be done soon but the war on terror has not seen its last battle.

FunnyVictor86
10-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Unfortunately that's pretty much all were good for anymore.

keistyle
10-20-2011, 08:49 PM
blood in. blood out

I wonder who is going to win the "election" out there.

kenS14
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
yeah N. Korea time to get me some money....j/k

Matej
10-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Funny that the CIA was working with Gaddafi only a few years ago.

orion::S14
10-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Unfortunately that's pretty much all were good for anymore.

A note: This was a NATO / coalition 'effort'.

Not led by the US, not originated by the US.

It was the US, France, UK, Italy, Belgium, Jordan, Norway, etc...ALL with planes in the air.

So while America might be playing "world police" a little too much these days, don't forget that it was a people's uprising, with assistance from NATO. It's not like we just decided to bomb Libya for the fun of it.

- Brian

BustedS13
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
A note: This was a NATO / coalition 'effort'.

Not led by the US, not originated by the US.

It was the US, France, UK, Italy, Belgium, Jordan, Norway, etc...ALL with planes in the air.

So while America might be playing "world police" a little too much these days, don't forget that it was a people's uprising, with assistance from NATO. It's not like we just decided to bomb Libya for the fun of it.

- Brian

but we footed the bill for like 99% of the tomahawks fired. can't wait to start getting that sweet Libyan black gold

BOROSUN
10-21-2011, 10:24 AM

the presence in afghan is to controller their opium production so they don't fund the terrorist. but, they also have trillions worth of mineral deposits and billions worth of oil underneath them. hmmm:hey:

VIPDRFT
10-21-2011, 10:34 AM
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp105/patti49/funny-celebrity-we-got-him.gif

fliprayzin240sx
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
im not really comparing the two, i know there were MANY more factors that played into each. all im saying is that with all of our manpower, tech, weapons and money, you'd think we could've done it in a more efficient manner.

the rebels set a goal and they achieved it. more power to em

Yah but there was nobody siding with us to find Osama. We were on our own to find him.

Funny that the CIA was working with Gaddafi only a few years ago.

Osama, Hussein are some of the famous folks that we supported. Seems like everytime we intervened, it back fired and blew up in our face. We put the Shah of Iran in power (Iranian Revolt took him out of power), supported Papa Doc Duvalier in Haiti, President Suharto in Indonesia, Sese Seko in Congo, Lon Nol in Cambodia (eventually led to coming to power of the Khmer Rouge), Pinochet in Argentina, just to name a few more.

but we footed the bill for like 99% of the tomahawks fired. can't wait to start getting that sweet Libyan black gold

Yup, at $1M a pop, we fired atleast 120 of them. We fired the most missiles with the least amount in return since we only get maybe 3% of our oil from Libya if that. Europeans get the most chunk out of it. Word on the street is that the reason we got involved is because we're trying to cock block China from getting a long term oil supply from Gaddafi.

the presence in afghan is to controller their opium production so they don't fund the terrorist. but, they also have trillions worth of mineral deposits and billions worth of oil underneath them. hmmm:hey:

There's nothing really worth while in Afghanistan other than Lithium...

BOROSUN
10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
There's nothing really worth while in Afghanistan other than Lithium...

copper...they already have companies scrambling to grab some of that.

besides oil, ng, cobalt, gold, and iron. but, lithium is huge.

word sux
10-21-2011, 09:32 PM
libya was better off with gadhafi

prove me wrong

The Humanitarian War - The Movie (http://www.laguerrehumanitaire.fr/english)

as you can see most of the crap you hear even from the un (for lack of a better word) is just made up.

Gnnr
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/B/3/4/obama-osama-speech.gif

deadghost
10-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Link:
Gadhafi is dead, Libya official claims - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44971257/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/)

Now what?

Hopefully Asad in Syria, but I seriously doubt it will happen.