PDA

View Full Version : Act of Valor-Navy SEALs movie actors played by Active Duty SEALs

EsChassisLove
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
This movie looks dope as fuck, but I am biased about it. I'm not to sure about the actors being played by Active Duty SEALs, if so, then we arent going to get their names. We shouldnt at least.

Thoughts?

Act Of Valor (2012) Official Movie Trailer HD Navy SEALS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlPgo9TaGo)

stevenwhite1989
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Def looks like a good movie, but no way the actors are active SEALs.

The stuntmen, yes, very well could be.

I would be interested to see the number of enlistees that want to go in to be SEALs since the whole Bin Laden thing. The SEALs have had a ton of exposure in the media this year.

EsChassisLove
10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll make a trip to NAB Coronado and ask an SO1 friend of mine. I honestly wouldn't doubt it if they were active duty SEALs. They are the masters of the tactics, not the stuntmen

ch1873857
10-18-2011, 10:24 AM
not calling bullshit on you but to the source you got it from. the military would never allow this. esp. for sf type. bunch of bologna.

just watched the trailer. says weapons and tactics are real. saw multiple discrepancies most likely added for theatrical effect. at least if they claim it the least they could do is attempt to pass it off as completely accurate.

EsChassisLove
10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Start listing discrepancies then lol

Flipzide
10-18-2011, 11:03 AM
lol at the BF3 ad at the end of the trailer.

K_style
10-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Looking forward to this movie...

looks awesome...

exitspeed
10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
A SEALS movie without Charlie Sheen jumping from a moving Jeep off the side of a bridge 40' to the river below, JUST FOR FUN? I'll pass.

ch1873857
10-18-2011, 11:52 AM
raven targeting system completely wrong.
boonie caps. baseball caps maybe. my money is on no cover at all i see 2-300 sf guys a day. never seen one wear a boonie. let a lone during an operation. makes zero sense. guess they "look cool"
uniforms. based on the terrain this doesnt take place in afghanistan. which makes me ask why are they wearing OCP. its the jungle. but who knows.. just my thought. IMO the proper uniform would be a woodland marpat..
the lasers OH the lasers. the laser used on the m4 while clearing the house is called a PEQ-15. the ONLY visible setting that comes out of that thing is the AL setting. aiming laser. mostly used at a reference point, works just as good as your cheap dollar tree laser. no light saber effect. why? because its not used to clear houses. PEQs main purpose are for night time operations, with multiple Infrared settings. including the one that is separated by a blue set screw that is not to be removed until you get into country because yet invisible to the naked eye. is extremely powerful. some of the guys here get bored and set AC-130 countermeasures off with them. oh not to mention the flashlight feature which is ALSO infrared. very lame. if you dont believe me. theres one on my m4 right beside me i can go through all the settings for you..
last and most important. no ones wearing eye pro... you think it sounds silly but if youve ever even been outside the wire, hell even shot a weapon, its crucial. even badasses wear the proper PPE. i promise.

not bad for a 2:38 trailer. when i redeploy and go home to watch this movie i'll be sure to take my notebook with me ;-)

EsChassisLove
10-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Idk shit about the raven system lol.

You are so right about the PPE. Everyone knows we only get one set of eyes ;)

I'm sure the majority of the discrepancies is OPSEC related. Something they dont want the public seeing Haha

theronin
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
holy crap i love shit like this. anyone else read any of Richard Marcinkos books?

ch1873857
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Idk shit about the raven system lol.

You are so right about the PPE. Everyone knows we only get one set of eyes ;)

I'm sure the majority of the discrepancies is OPSEC related. Something they dont want the public seeing Haha

yes you are right about that. opsec im sure was a big topic in the filming of this movie.. idk. i just hate when hollywood takes the military and makes it all flashy and fancy. fuckin lasers. that irritates me and think thats what set me off. my squad leader is ranger. hed get a kick out of this.. :)

stinky_180
10-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for sharing this, looks great!

DS562
10-18-2011, 11:08 PM

schooled.

mssg

azndoc
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM
For entertainment value wise it looks promising.

For accuracy I'm sure they do not get everything right and in part that is for OPSEC reasons and plus it is Hollywood they gotta make shit blow up to blow people's minds.

iamtheyi
10-19-2011, 12:17 AM
lol never go to watch a movie for accuracy :P. I just watch for fun. Haven't had a decent modern combat movie in awhile. Closest thing is Generation Kill from HBO and Black Hawk Down lol. If anyone else knows of other ones, let me know :D

Ramonesfreak2010
10-19-2011, 11:43 PM
"It's basically a recruitment video. The Navy supported this film and partially funded it. The SEALs who are in this movie are probably the ones that go around the country for recruiting purposes; who are active duty."

EsChassisLove
10-20-2011, 07:48 AM
SEALs are having no difficulty recruiting for BUD/S.

They are having difficulty finding people with the drive to make it through. Hell Week is a hell of a bitch.

I bet if they are SEALs, then they are fresh retirees. IF

TheWolf
10-20-2011, 09:04 AM
so you're saying... a big enough IR laser will cause AC130's to launch large amounts of flares?

s13_maJiK
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Looks rad, i'd see it

skysilvias13
10-20-2011, 10:05 AM
raven targeting system completely wrong.
boonie caps. baseball caps maybe. my money is on no cover at all i see 2-300 sf guys a day. never seen one wear a boonie. let a lone during an operation. makes zero sense. guess they "look cool"
uniforms. based on the terrain this doesnt take place in afghanistan. which makes me ask why are they wearing OCP. its the jungle. but who knows.. just my thought. IMO the proper uniform would be a woodland marpat..
the lasers OH the lasers. the laser used on the m4 while clearing the house is called a PEQ-15. the ONLY visible setting that comes out of that thing is the AL setting. aiming laser. mostly used at a reference point, works just as good as your cheap dollar tree laser. no light saber effect. why? because its not used to clear houses. PEQs main purpose are for night time operations, with multiple Infrared settings. including the one that is separated by a blue set screw that is not to be removed until you get into country because yet invisible to the naked eye. is extremely powerful. some of the guys here get bored and set AC-130 countermeasures off with them. oh not to mention the flashlight feature which is ALSO infrared. very lame. if you dont believe me. theres one on my m4 right beside me i can go through all the settings for you..
last and most important. no ones wearing eye pro... you think it sounds silly but if youve ever even been outside the wire, hell even shot a weapon, its crucial. even badasses wear the proper PPE. i promise.

not bad for a 2:38 trailer. when i redeploy and go home to watch this movie i'll be sure to take my notebook with me ;-)

Hooah!!! ^^^ Then again battle you have to remember Hollywood will always be Hollywood!

US Army Sgt. Vet. 82nd/19th Engineer Battalion FSE

ch1873857
10-23-2011, 12:48 AM
so you're saying... a big enough IR laser will cause AC130's to launch large amounts of flares?

i cant really add any more to that thought. opsec stuff. :)