PDA

View Full Version : saw the coolest car today

JDMark
12-08-2003, 04:36 PM
alright so i was just walking to school from my car on the sidewalk (i have to park on the street cuz im a stupid softmore) but as im walking i hear this mean exhaust note so i turn around. looks like a 4-door, probably just a accord or civic. it catches some light from street light and i see 2 hood vents, and as it passes me i see the triangular taillights and a double deck spoiler and a huge n1 exhaust. a dark blue evo 6! how the hell did that get here? as it drove away i swear i heard a bov but maybe i was just too giddy, giddy like a schoolgirl. how would one go about legalizing one of those? im about 90% positive it was a lancer evolution VI, it was pretty dark out and maybe someone just tried really hard to make their galant or accord look like one. but i was still thinking aout it the whole day, and its now my day-long dream car.:drool:

evo 6:boink:

the end

BeatJunky
12-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Want a cookie?:D

Brian
12-08-2003, 04:46 PM
or maybe it was a Mirage with the simple bolt on evo aero look. it is quite simple to make a mirage look identical to an evo.
it would require bumpers, skirts, lights, hood, wing, and if you want to really be picky, taillights and trunklid.

JDMark
12-08-2003, 04:57 PM
:o i asked a question in there somewhere, it was semi-constructive.

a mirage eh? well that guy did a damn good job of makin it look like an evo then, i hate when people do that. he would also need the fender flares. can mirages drop 4g63's in there too? aw well thanks for the info..didnt really think about a mirage.

Bliss
12-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JDMark
(i have to park on the street cuz im a stupid softmore)

great irony there...

if it was a 6, nice car.

ONYX S-13
12-08-2003, 04:59 PM
i saw a mirage that had a evo4 kit on it...Man it looked damn good...I can tell it was a mirage cause it was n't right hand drive

NZO
12-08-2003, 05:33 PM
The mirage an early model lancer (~5-6) and so yes it will take the engine and body parts of an evo.

Brian
12-08-2003, 05:59 PM
i used to own a mirage so i know about all the aero kits and crap. fortunatly i crashed that car before i could modify it.

s13driver
12-08-2003, 06:12 PM
if whatever this guy is saying is true than i think it is possible http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43919&item=2445388593

RBBaby
12-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by s13driver
if whatever this guy is saying is true than i think it is possible http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43919&item=2445388593

thats a fucking awesome car, but whens the last time you heard the truth on EBAY?!?!

boro240
12-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by RBBaby
thats a fucking awesome car, but whens the last time you heard the truth on EBAY?!?!
its true. it was done by a shop here called "EVOLUTIONS". its a pretty famous car here locally. the guy bought a crashed EVO and a Mirage and put em together.

nocomedown
12-08-2003, 07:02 PM
that's the nicest mirage i've ever seen. i'd seriously rock that (or any other mirage built like an evo)

No Motiv
12-08-2003, 08:04 PM
or maybe it was a Mirage

Haha. Maybe the whole thing was just a mirage...hahaha....Haha...Ha....ha.....Im STUPID!....Unless you didnt get that bad joke.......THEN YOUR STUPID

nocomedown
12-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by No Motiv
Haha. Maybe the whole thing was just a mirage...hahaha....Haha...Ha....ha.....Im STUPID!....Unless you didnt get that bad joke.......THEN YOUR STUPID
oh man...that was painful.

masta
12-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by s13driver
if whatever this guy is saying is true than i think it is possible http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43919&item=2445388593 For the price of his Buy-it-Now and most likely reserve price, someone could easily get two Evo8's.

This site used to import LHD Evo6's and Evo7's before the Evo8's came out. I bet they are kinda mad that all the research they may have done to legalize and profit from these cars was probably affected by the US's release of the Evo.

http://www.evolutionimports.net

Phlip
12-09-2003, 12:25 AM
And now for you next trick, I want you to take your thumbs out of your ears, hands out of your back pockets and realize the abso-fuckin-lutely HILARIOUS irony of the term "stupid softmore." And WHAT in the blue hell is a softmore? Second year student, like SOPHMORE? If I were taking this in dicatation and not reading it, I may have caught it earlier...

Bliss
12-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by PHLIP
And now for you next trick, I want you to take your thumbs out of your ears, hands out of your back pockets and realize the abso-fuckin-lutely HILARIOUS irony of the term "stupid softmore." And WHAT in the blue hell is a softmore? Second year student, like SOPHMORE? If I were taking this in dicatation and not reading it, I may have caught it earlier...

I like how you correct him, incorrectly. LOL

all at once class: s-o-p-h-o-m-o-r-e

SOPHOMORE!

:D

boro240
12-09-2003, 01:31 AM
im tired of seeing people spell PATIENCE as PATIENTS. not that he did, but its everywhere. i also cant stand your/you're, and there/they're/their missuse.

ONYX S-13
12-09-2003, 09:13 AM
The EVO/Mirage i saw looked exactly like this

NZO
12-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by masta
This site used to import LHD Evo6's and Evo7's before the Evo8's came out. I bet they are kinda mad that all the research they may have done to legalize and profit from these cars was probably affected by the US's release of the Evo.

http://www.evolutionimports.net

Except that the evo7s they are selling are not street legal even though they tell everyone they are.

adey
12-09-2003, 03:34 PM
yeesh yeesh, there are some older lancer evolutions in the US... I've seen an EVO V or VI (couldn't tell) on city streets before, the driver oh-so-subtly let his BOV off just as he drove by me.... I didn't see if it was RHD or LHD, though... but I do fully believe that some people have turned their mirages into pseudo (and almost real) EVOs, as well as others having imported them legally (and probably illegally, too)...

No Motiv
12-09-2003, 06:33 PM
yeesh yeesh....HAHAHA

masta
12-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
I like how you correct him, incorrectly. LOL

all at once class: s-o-p-h-o-m-o-r-e

SOPHOMORE!

:D Ouch! That is why I try not to correct people on their grammer because correcting it incorrectly makes you feel :hammer: :doh: :bash:

NZO: Really, not legal? That sucks! Thought they were that is why they added some extra costs to convert them.

JDMark
12-09-2003, 11:04 PM
:doh: haha oops. we should have spellcheck on the forums... or i could just learn how to spell, thatd work too:coolugh: meh