PDA

View Full Version : 770 HP Porsche Busted at 160+MPH through TX

davies2k
12-08-2003, 03:20 AM
This is just to close to home for me not to share this story... During the week,with some of my fellow Porsche freaks, we attended a private Porsche shootout with European Car magazine testing the best Twin Turbo Porsche in the US. It was like a every boyhood dream of seeing 700+HP Twin Turbo Porsche battling it out. What an event watching road legal Pcars doing 10 sec. 1/4mile while running warp speed lap times at Buttonwillow Raceway

As it so happens one of the participants at the event became a COPS Television show reality... during the event we all sat and talked about how whacky "Buddman" (our felony subject) was.. ..but by no stretch of my imagination, I thought it would lead to this story..

The story is a bit long, but the the juiciest part is towards middle of the Second page. This is where the Budman relives his ordeal through the Lone Star State...

Enjoy.. :bowdown: :aw:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4307

David N.
www.JdmRecycler.com

NZO
12-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Hah very nice, thx for the link :D

old_s13
12-08-2003, 11:11 AM
I like how quickly his friend bailed him out for only a mere 1500 DOLLARS.

Most 240SX owners would have to sell their cars to get bailed out at that price. haha

Oh well, thats life when the rich folk play on the highways. :)

adey
12-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Seriously, that is an incredible story!! I didn't know you hung with the high rollers, David! :p
Going through the posts, I couldn't help but notice the cars that some of those guys drive... "'04TT May delivery, '04 E55 Mar delivery, '83 Lambourghini Countach"... fuckin' shit... they really DO have more money than they can spend!!

Nissan240SX
12-08-2003, 09:33 PM
they really DO have more money than they can

Oh yeah they do, sad part is that these are the guys that make our insurance rates go up so damn much all the time. Although its a very good story, keep us updated though on how it turns out. Like to see if its true that those that are rich can stay out of jail. Soon find out won't we.

old_s13
12-09-2003, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Nissan240SX
Like to see if its true that those that are rich can stay out of jail. Soon find out won't we.

Why wouldnt it be true? It always HAS and it always WILL be.

Anyone who HAS something will always get let off by people who WANT what they have.

Its a matter of survival. When you are on top, you have nothing but people below you who will do whatever it takes to get what you have. If you have money, people will try to take it. If you are successful, people will try to take that too.

- Mike