PDA

View Full Version : cars with blown engine

hmooblis
12-07-2003, 10:52 PM
sorry for all these threads but i'm bored.
this is old news but i wanted to review it. people talk about how much supras cost and rx-7 s but they don't realize that with time and hard work they can have these kind of cars running. these cars are rare but do alot of searching and you'll find one with a blown engine. 2jzs go anywhere from 3-5 Gs and with the shell you have a cheap supercar.

my next project will be a 93 rx-7. rx-7s have a engine issue that you can take advantage of. over 90,000 miles on the rotary and it's considered dead. this is 03/04 year so i'm pretty sure i can find one. after that i'll drop either a 3sgte or a ls1 in . :doh:

R K e 1 C A
12-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by hmooblis
with time and hard work

In my opinion, I don’t see myself doing "building" something like the Supra in Fast and Furious :rolleyes:

Rather just have something that runs, and mod it from there as not everyone wants to go this Route

Emperiorjack
12-08-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by hmooblis
sorry for all these threads but i'm bored.
this is old news but i wanted to review it. people talk about how much supras cost and rx-7 s but they don't realize that with time and hard work they can have these kind of cars running. these cars are rare but do alot of searching and you'll find one with a blown engine. 2jzs go anywhere from 3-5 Gs and with the shell you have a cheap supercar.

my next project will be a 93 rx-7. rx-7s have a engine issue that you can take advantage of. over 90,000 miles on the rotary and it's considered dead. this is 03/04 year so i'm pretty sure i can find one. after that i'll drop either a 3sgte or a ls1 in . :doh:

ls1 in a rx7= the sexy

aznpoopy
12-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by R K e 1 C A
In my opinion, I don’t see myself doing "building" something like the Supra in Fast and Furious :rolleyes:

people build cars with blown engines all the time... including 240's. just b/c he wants to build a supra or rx7 doesn't mean hes a 2f2f ricer. if u can drop an engine in urself... u can get a 240 shell for 500 bucks plus an old ka24de + tranny for another 400 or so... = running s13 with decent miles for under 1k (ideally). sr20 + shell = 4 - 5k for a sr'd s13. i don't see why anything like this would warrant a fnf comment...

hmooblis : IMO, a rx7 w/o a rotary is blasphemy!!! :( but do what u wanna do and good luck to ya...

hmooblis
12-08-2003, 09:20 AM
Sr + shell = 4-5 grand would be nice but i'm talking about the almighty supras and rx-7s. these are not your average day cars. in the us, these are the king and queen of imports.

which would you rather have:
Sr+shell=4-5 grand
2jz+shell=5-7 grand
ls1+rx-7 shell=5-7 grand

Steeles
12-08-2003, 09:33 AM
why does this argument remind me of the South Park episode where the Simpsons had done EVERYTHING?

fnf did it!

aznpoopy
12-08-2003, 09:50 AM
hmooblis : i mentioned the shell + sr simply b/c the other dood seemed to be accusing u of being a 2f2f ricer for considering a swap like this.

i think the skyline would be the currect 'king' of imports though... although rarity and all that stuff is dumb... japanese go wowowowow when they see a mustang lhd driving around in japan, while ppl here go wowowow when they see a rhd skyline... drive what you like; build what you like.