PDA

View Full Version : High End Coilvoers: Apexi, Cusco, Zeal, Tanabe....need opinions!

dankS14
12-07-2003, 08:38 PM
I need some opinions on some coilovers. I have only had a chance to ride on Tein HE's, and Apexi Type-V's. I definately like the type-V's better and am looking to get something along the same quality or better. i have read up about most coilovers on the manufacturers website, but haven't found many reviews on personal setups. I found the Tein spring rate to be poorly matched with the damper. It doesn't seem as smooth as the type-V's(both have 8/6K). I need opinions/experience or other useful information about the following coilovers:
Apexi N1 Pro/ Type-V, Cusco, Kei Office XR, Tanabe DD, SSpro, RSR, Zeal B6/V6/ and New function-drift(not on Zeals website yet), GAB, Racing Gear...i know there are soo many, but any information or reviews would be HIGHLY appreciated! im not looking for someone to do research for me, as i have done alot already, i am just simply looking for other's opinions/information...I also want to know the bad things as well as good for any of those coilovers..
coilover pref.:around 8/6 spring rate, PUM, damper adj, double hiegh adj., most of all well match valving with s/r.

also, i have been wondering if anyone know of any coilvoers that dont click past the recommended damper adjustment. (for example: both the teins and type-V's click past what the manufacters said it had...Teins- you only use around 12 out of 24, and type-V's are suppost to have 32 but really click 36 times. Apexi told me that this wasnt unusual but dont turn past 32.) does anyone know of coilovers that dont do this??? i like the dampers that have the numbered indicated knobs like zeal, and tanabe SS..do any other coilvoers have these, or others that just dont turn past their rated click? thanx
Jon

omen2853
12-07-2003, 10:39 PM
i dont have personal experience with any of these but you could ask benson (sileightymania.com) about the tanabe DD's. from what he told me theyre pretty smooth.