PDA

View Full Version : reality dream car

hmooblis
12-07-2003, 08:19 PM
http://www.mid-atlanticconcepts.com/Pages/attack.htm

this is one of my reality dream car. i love everything about it. also a r32 would be nice.

ridebmx
12-07-2003, 08:29 PM
it would be nice to see more motor prices, and it would also suck that its pretty much totally custom, and if something breaks its gonna cost $$$$$, and you really dont have that much upgradeability, if they had a better motor selection it isnt a bad idea

Rennen
12-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Nicest Honda Accord I have ever seen, haha

but seriously, for that kind of cash you can get far better kit cars, and you wont be handicapped by an Accord drivetrain.

find a dirt cheap 5.0 mustang and you can get a nice kit from Factory Five for 1/3 of the price. http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/roadster/roadsterkit.html

another thing to think about is that you will have to put a lot of time and effort to get the fit and finish anywhere close to how it is in those pictures.

-Matt

old_s13
12-07-2003, 10:26 PM
nice honda accord...

...i prefer the real thing, its called a Lotus Exige and isnt derived from crap.

- Mike

ps: The concept behind what they are doing doesnt necessarily bother me, its the materials they are using. If you start with Accord parts, you end up with Accord parts.

There is nothing worse than having an over-glamourized pile of crap:

http://www.mid-atlanticconcepts.com/Attack/DSCN0358.JPG

and this is why I dont like kit cars that are based off of Fieros.

Burmonster
12-07-2003, 11:00 PM
old_s13

:werd:

hmooblis
12-07-2003, 11:24 PM
remember that the h22 bolts up, also there is enough room to put a ls1 in their.

honda accord-$2G
honda accord attack- $25G
1900lbs.- $0
designed for racing-$0
ls1TT- $5-10G
getting smoked by a unknown honda accord-priceless

Rennen
12-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by old_s13

ps: The concept behind what they are doing doesnt necessarily bother me, its the materials they are using. If you start with Accord parts, you end up with Accord parts.

There is nothing worse than having an over-glamourized pile of crap:

and this is why I dont like kit cars that are based off of Fieros.

Yeah, real kit cars are made with 1200cc's pumpin out 40 air-cooled horsepowah! :rawk:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266435_2_full.jpg

positive camber ownz all jooo!

-Matt

R K e 1 C A
12-08-2003, 12:08 AM
If it’s something I can afford in reality…it wouldn’t really be a dream car…IMO

old_s13
12-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by hmooblis
remember that the h22 bolts up, also there is enough room to put a ls1 in their.

honda accord-$2G
1900lbs.- $0
designed for racing-$0
ls1TT- $5-10G

With a tube frame and a custom fiberglass body, there is "enough room" to put a V16 quad turbo motor. Thats the point, its a totally trick-ass custom setup -- a motor is supposed to be the heart and soul of a car, it not only drives the wheels but also makes the magical exhaust notes which car enthusiasts throughout the world will all admire. The LAST motor which I find appealing in terms of sound output is a Honda Accord motor. If you're going to buy some crazy odd-ball custom car, let it be a Lotus or something with a parts department.. this thing is just silly.

wingsnthangs
12-08-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by hmooblis

honda accord-$2G
1900lbs.- $0
designed for racing-$0
ls1TT- $5-10G
I would not want to spend $30K+ on a used blinged-out attention whore honda go kart. But that's just me.

Not sure what you mean by the oxymoronic term "reality dream car", but if it's a realistically attainable dream car without winning some sort of lottery, mine would be a very special older Benz.

Anubis
12-08-2003, 03:11 AM
Kit cars looks cool, but when you realize you just spent 40k on a pile of fiberglass thats no more then an accord with a minor facelft you begin to puke. Buy something anything else. I just don't understand the concept behind a kit car. You have to "pay to play". Why settle for shit when you can buy the real thing in 30 years? :cool:

Startours7
12-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Well if a reality dream car could be a car you dreamed of haveing your whole life but untill you are in the right place in life, (50) You can afford it.
In this case mine would be a 68' Chevelle SS396.
As long as I can remember cars this has been my dream.
One day I will have one.
Now If it is a car you never will own(most likley anyway) It would be a Z06. WTF you say.
Well dispite my undying love for Nissan's
not to mention that fact that I don't and never have owned one.
I will always be a Chevy guy.
Even though they are poorly built and pushrods are the devil. I can't help being in love.

Steeles
12-08-2003, 04:58 PM
I'll take one of these.. roller chassis drop a 03 cobra engine and tranny in it. some wheels I like better and do the interior a little more modern... :D

http://eleanormustangs.com/index.html

only stang worth driving :)

masta
12-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by R K e 1 C A
If it’s something I can afford in reality…it wouldn’t really be a dream car…IMO :werd:

AutoDestruct
12-09-2003, 08:53 AM
V-8 Rx7 FC. 50/50 Front rear weight bias kept, Dodge viper Power to weight, Import looks, Domestic priced engine performance, emissions legal, and readily availible parts and upgrades. A 5 to 10 thousand dollar high 12 second car.

Flame away:D