PDA

View Full Version : Hks Fcon Question

Sleeping240
12-06-2003, 08:12 AM
Anyone using this on the redtop??? How is it working for you? And is it worth getting?

SR20DETpwr
12-06-2003, 11:57 AM
I bought one of these off of ebay for my redtop. If you bought one that is used (meaning it's already been programmed for someone elses car) - DO NOT use it until you find out what settings are on it or until you have it reprogrammed for your own car. I'm pretty sure it could damage your engine. Mine was programmed for a front mount intercooler, 550cc injectors, and a Z32 MAF; therefore, i have to either buy and install these before I use it, or I need to have it reprogrammed by HKS. I haven't installed mine yet, so I couldn't tell you how much it will help on hp gains, but hp increase will also depend on the other upgrades that have effect directly related to the fuel computer (maf, injectors, ign., intercooler, etc.). Contact HKS USA and find out what serial numbers you will need to get off of the fuel computer - they will then take these numbers and send them to HKS jp who will look them up and will send the settings for the comp. back to you. Good luck.