PDA

View Full Version : Whats your cool down method???

ca18_luv
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
So im sure each and everyone of us on this forum tends to get angry wether its due to one scenario or another. The big question is how do you calm your self down?

In this thread explain how you calm your self down or try to.

Do you play a sport?
Go driving?
Hit the bar with a couple friends?
Go lowballing on ziliva, etc, etc,?.....

Basically this thread is to point out your method of how to relieve your self of any anger.

I'll start it off.

Basically im pissed for idk why exzactly and its been affecting everything all day especially when i came into work. Every little thing is making me even more pissed.

My method: To cruise the loooong way home on my bike with one headphone playing music. Reason this works for me is ever since i had a license driving has calmed me down and couldnt find anything else to compare to it. The music in one ear usually helps as well so that it gives me something to ride to....no Avenged Sevenfold or anything like that of course lol. So ya cant wait to be off in 20 mins to ride and see if i can calm my self down.

Phate
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Metal. Or driving. Or drinking.

ILoveMyRHS13
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Do a burnout.

Phlip
10-09-2011, 07:43 PM
I disconnect, get quiet and have an adult beverage...
or 6

If I remain quiet, the worst thing to do is to push me. I am not one to get all animated or yell or anything like that. I know my physical strength and that my voice can make a room fear for their safety, so my going silent is when people should know they've fucked up.

S14kouki_10
10-09-2011, 07:54 PM
exercise, drive, music, SNIP, or just get lost in silence.

tqstarburst
10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Go to the gym
go for a cruise
go for some drinks
fuck.

keeeban
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Punching bag, music, or SNIP.

..or all 3. :bigok:

Matej
10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Never lose my cool. I have no emotions.

jesse_s13
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Go to the gym
go for a cruise
go for some drinks
jackoff.

fixed:D:D:cops:

lflkajfj12123
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
snip snip snip

silviaguy240
10-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I disconnect, get quiet and have an adult beverage...
or 6

If I remain quiet, the worst thing to do is to push me. I am not one to get all animated or yell or anything like that. I know my physical strength and that my voice can make a room fear for their safety, so my going silent is when people should know they've fucked up.

This, I go find a nice quiet place and tune out. I don't get truely mad easily, yes most of the general population does piss me off from time to time but they aren't worth my time. If my communication ceases with you I'm pissed at you. Its been a long time since I really freaked on anyone, and I feel sorry for the poor person that pushes me to that point.

But when I'm mad, leave me the fuck alone and I'll talk to you when I'm ready.

tqstarburst
10-09-2011, 08:13 PM
I was kidding. In reality there is certain things where i do go in a rage and tend to want to punch something. Although i realized that if i get more angry for stupid non-sense stuff, it'll get me to no where.
So i try to

1. Stay cool/calm and reflect on the reasons as to why im getting angry.
2.I try to talk it out with someone and look for advice (depending on the situation).

alloverdajoint
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I usually just take my bike and go ride street when I'm pissed, that always takes my mind off everything.
Or I'd just drive the zenki around/try to make random pointless fixes hah ...or I just sleeepp ...zZzZZZzZz

ZenkiKid
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Just like phlip I just disconnect.

Either visit my older sister's grave and just sit there for a while. Or I just find a scenic place and just sit there for a while.

towlie
10-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Punch shit. Hammer shit. SNIP
Lol

I rarely get that angry tho

JSimpson
10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Drift, Drink, Phuck. Not necessarily in that order:)

SLiDe_WaYz
10-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Throw wrenches and sockets.

Cook food and not eat it.

Go find a quiet place and sit and chill.

The only thing I ever get mad at is the car tho, I get super heated and super pissed easily when working on the SR.

w0nderbr3ad
10-09-2011, 08:39 PM
When it comes down to being that angry, I usually pull out the sketchbook and start drawing or pop open zbrush and start sculpting away. Or call out some friends to go to the shooting range and waste a couple boxes of rounds.

tac 1
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Work on my cars, go to a target range or something physical so Ill be tired then fall asleep.lol

Brian
10-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Hope that I have a hockey game that night so I can hammer somebody

s14>integra
10-09-2011, 10:45 PM
I usually just go for a drive. Like a curvy road or something. Turn off the music. Turn off everything and just drive. It's pretty soothing.

BustedS13
10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Batman (1966)
UHF (1989)
masturbate
sleep

initial_jc
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Don't say anything, goto sleep, weights

90hatchie
10-09-2011, 11:10 PM
give myself one hell of an angry stranger

soreballz
10-09-2011, 11:11 PM
I usually do one of two things, depending on the situation and my location.
1 - as sOap said, SNIP
2 - listen to some mellow hip hop.
I mix those two if I'm at home.

There's a third option: Put on some fast punk or metal and drive like a madman on country backroads for a few minutes. Buuut, that option is quite risky, and has the potential to make the situation far worse.

Riq
10-09-2011, 11:15 PM
When I get angry, I simply punt one of my puppies as hard as I possibly can. Soon after I am all smiles :)...

DS562
10-09-2011, 11:46 PM
i play a little Battlefield
i was really mad that day.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/1xe1xf/securedownload-16.jpg
workout
wrestle my dogs (boxer/rottweiler and pitbull/chow)
do some Forza drifting.

but i dont usually get mad, i get stabby.

joshchewuhh
10-10-2011, 12:07 AM
1.ciggerette
2.beer
3.xbox
4.destroy shit

DataXUnknown
10-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I don't really do anything to calm me down, I'm constantly busy so I don't have time to get all fired up, but when I do, I just keep doing what I'm doing and something comes along sooner or later and calms me down. In time it all passes.

ca18_luv
10-10-2011, 02:49 AM
When I get angry, I simply punt one of my puppies as hard as I possibly can. Soon after I am all smiles :)...

You sir made me laugh out loud in dead silence in my house right now lmao.

On the other note it seems like alot of us actually do the same things as far as just driving, lifting, keeping to self, and drinking. All of which are cool and work for me except the drinking part. Only have a couple friends that like to just sit down and chill while have a couple selective brews. Most of my friends still only like to binge drink.

I need a 24 hour fitness pass....or make la fitness be open 24 hours -_-

keistyle
10-10-2011, 08:34 AM
jerk off butt naked when im sad

enkei2k
10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
talk to my girlfriend and vent it out and have her listen. she's always the best at that...then see sig as to what happens afterwards.

if she's the one that gets me heated, then I just go and try to take a nap.

blueshark123
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM
I actually took a stress managment class in college it was a good class but kind of a waste of time. I like to just work on my car and if my car is fixed go for a cruise

WanganRunner
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I murder prostitutes and make clothing out of them.

niscur29
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Yea I'm also one of the types that if I shut up and stop talking leave me the fuck alone....I don't deal with anger very well in general especially since we left florida, for some reason MD just pisses me off...But if I'm tight lipped and in my quiet place don't push me until I get over it...Although every once in a while deep down I hope someone does....

singlecamslam
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
smoke a SNIP

Ramonesfreak2010
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Batman (1966)
UHF (1989)
masturbate
sleep
:wackit: Agreed. LOL

BOROSUN
10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Have kids and actually watch/take care of them.
Your testo will drop making you less rage. Truth

280zx2by2
10-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Buy really expensive shit for my car that I will later regret. Or go on Craigslist and buy more cars.

One 710 Wagon and two s13's later...

Edwin562
10-10-2011, 12:28 PM
if i have to, i will take it out on noobs in blackops... if not i just stay quite and listen to instrumentals and stare at the sky....

Sarom_ps13
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Throw in a juicy snus and go for a drive. Its usually the GF that pisses me off so i cant sit at home and listen to her bitch all night.

1llest13
10-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I just go on a drive. Hit the mountains roads to take out all my anger or a place with a nice view and have a stog.

sil80owner
10-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Usually involves running with my iPod singing...chillen with my homie pooch(dog) And driving on curvy mountainroads just taking in the sights it's peaceful and quiet.. Or Bumping my haveheart cd watching the sky at night

ih8bmps
10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
watch snookie get punched in the face on youtube...that always makes my day

udon!
10-10-2011, 10:07 PM
SNIP SNIP SNIP

masturbate
sleep

I usually do one of two things, depending on the situation and my location.
1 - as sOap said, "SNIP."
2 - listen to some mellow hip hop.
I mix those two if I'm at home.

jerk off butt naked when im sad

Mega Co-Sign yo

superbike81
10-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I learned a long time ago that getting angry over most of the stuff people typically get angry about is pointless. Of course there are some things worth getting angry about, but being cut off in traffic, a favorite sports team losing, politics/war, having to work on a Saturday, etc, etc, etc, is not worth getting all stressed out and angry over.

SNIP, masturbating, or working out might make you feel better short term, but if the original cause of your anger is still in your mind, it's only delaying you getting angry again. If you are constantly getting angry over what is seemingly little problems, take a step back and figure out why you are really getting angry over such little stuff.

My answer to things that would normally make people angry.....try to find something positive in it and focus on that, if nothing positive is there, just forget about. Simple answer is that typical old cliche "don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff." It's a terribly ambiguous answer, but it really is that simple, instead of having to do something to aim your anger elsewhere, just don't get angry in the first place.

udon!
10-11-2011, 08:43 AM
I forgot to mention breaking shit is also great

delado
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Working on my car definitely calms me down. Detailing it is also veeeery relaxing.

omgRWDgoodness!
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Of course there are some things worth getting angry about, but being cut off in traffic, a favorite sports team losing, politics/war, having to work on a Saturday, etc, etc, etc, is not worth getting all stressed out and angry over.

If you get angry about working on a Saturday, you need to take the tampon out of your pussy.

nevertheless
10-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Break some bottles behind wawa, dig a hole, burn some wood.

Felipe
10-11-2011, 07:09 PM
run... or hit the bar

95BoostedS14
10-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I usually just go out driving. More than likely with the radio off so I can hear my bov. Something about it just calms me down (:

PRADOgy
10-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Rub one off in the bathroom.

anti tyler
10-11-2011, 09:08 PM
since i'm on deployment. we employ the always delightful "beat the shit out of that guy" idea. so if you get mad, you're in luck! just find one of the 200 people who are also mad. get together and find yourself a victim. or just snatch up the guy at the vending machine and beat his ass to piss. and you'll feel 100% better. guaranteed!

Future240
10-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Music for me. I start off with some metal, usual Amon Amarth or Devildriver, then move on to something lighter like Thievery Cooperation or Daft Punk, then end with something funny like ICP or Twiztid.

Yes I listen to ICP, no I am not a juggalo so fuck off.

seesquared
10-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Music for me too. I will usually throw some headphones on to tune out the rest of the world. I will usually listen to something more mellow (death cab, slightly st00pid, etc...) I also will lay on the floor (at home of course). I like laying on the floor for some reason. It's a good place to just stretch out.

And like a few people commented above, I generally dont lose my cool that easily either and if I get real quiet, that's when something is up.

Godfoot
10-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I learned a long time ago that getting angry over most of the stuff people typically get angry about is pointless. Of course there are some things worth getting angry about, but being cut off in traffic, a favorite sports team losing, politics/war, having to work on a Saturday, etc, etc, etc, is not worth getting all stressed out and angry over.

SNIP, masturbating, or working out might make you feel better short term, but if the original cause of your anger is still in your mind, it's only delaying you getting angry again. If you are constantly getting angry over what is seemingly little problems, take a step back and figure out why you are really getting angry over such little stuff.

My answer to things that would normally make people angry.....try to find something positive in it and focus on that, if nothing positive is there, just forget about. Simple answer is that typical old cliche "don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff." It's a terribly ambiguous answer, but it really is that simple, instead of having to do something to aim your anger elsewhere, just don't get angry in the first place.

True story, when im engaged in reading, a book that i ive been following its great, its cliche but it cools you off

DeWitt
10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
long division

TougeLove
10-11-2011, 10:38 PM
When someone gets mad adrenaline can be released into the body. The worst thing you can do is nothing. Working out or doing something physical is a great way to release the stress, adrenaline, or testosterone.

I use to drive an hour back and forth in stop and go traffic from san diego to riverside. I would get angry and come home only to sit around and play video games.

After a year of that and other random anger moments I had a panic attack in the middle of the night and now take xanax on the regular to keep calm. The attack was caused by anger/stress.

You almost need to change your point of view on why you are getting mad. This may be kind of morbid but watch someone die. In all seriousness it can make you really question whether there is anything out there THAT important to put your health in question.

HyperTek
10-12-2011, 12:11 AM
a few 2pac songs help me
2pac- Fuck 'em All ORIGINAL FULL VERSION - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-CgorzNOIQ)
2pac-Tupac Fuckin Wit The Wrong SNIP - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLLsavsBjs0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfavId7HzvM

or high energy songs, kinda burn off emotions.

sr20sean
10-12-2011, 12:22 AM
call idiots on zilvia stupid
fuck my girlfriend(i think lately she's been trying to make sure i was pissed beforehand...)
break random shit
throwing knives at this tree has been a new hobby

if im not home:
pray no one bothers me.

Krimlin
10-12-2011, 02:15 AM
Drive + Music = instant calm

Sumslapper
10-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Lower my car more, rail my gf, skateboard some gnar, play my acoustic, jump off bridges, malts, sticks and stones on COD, SNIP, SNIP, sushi, climb a tree, drink cowboy coffee. I dont get angry often though, Im a happy go getter

ThatGuy
10-12-2011, 03:19 PM
My cooldown method?

Pinking 7 different people at once because they chose not to follow the Rules.

I'll go ahead and lock this up as well.