PDA

View Full Version : Al Davis dead

I LUV MY S13
10-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Dammit

NFL.com news: Raiders owner Al Davis dead at age 82, team confirms (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822ed9f9/article/raiders-owner-al-davis-dead-at-age-82-team-confirms?module=HP11_cp)

DJDANGER24
10-08-2011, 10:43 AM
One of the baddest Mo'fos football had the pleasure of having.

RIP Al Davis, JUST WIN BABY!

Daniel.
10-08-2011, 10:46 AM
RIP Al Davis

Riq
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Say whatever you want about his style but Al Davis was a hard nose, old school owner and a pleasure to have in the league. It sucks that he passed away just as his team finally started being good. RIP Mr. Davis.

I LUV MY S13
10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah he made some pretty foolish decisons the last decade, but you can never question his loyalty to the franchise and its fans. As a Raider fan, some ofhis draft picks and free agent signings pissed me off, but dammit you could never turn away from him and his love for the game.

Now im wondering whats gonna happen now as far as ownership, contracts, drafts etc etc..

meteorite_flo
10-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I remember I used to do flights for the Raiders at the Oakland Airport.
One time, I drove his personal Crown Victoria to drop him off at the gate.
Rest in peace Al Davis.

ZenkiKid
10-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Just win baby! Rip!!!

fliprayzin240sx
10-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, isnt this what the Raiders fans want? Now that he's gone, they might just win the division and make the playoffs this year.

Renzin
10-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, isnt this what the Raiders fans want? Now that he's gone, they might just win the division and make the playoffs this year.

douche alert

tricky_ab
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Davis may have gone somewhat nuts in his later years, but he was a major reason why the NFL is as popular as it is. Most people don't realise how critical he was to what the league became with the AFL merger. One of the architects of the league, and he had a great eye for talent

I also loved how he wasn't afraid to stand up to the NFL.

DJDANGER24
10-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Nobody wants anybody to die, Raider fans wanted him to step aside and let someone else run the show. Obviously since 2003, the Raiders organization was doing something wrong, and I believe it was the way Al was running it. No letting anything develop, quick to cut people loose...he just wasn't the Al that gave staff/players a chance to truly shine. It seemed like, if you messed up once, you're gone. We wanted him to step aside, not wish death upon him. Suck it Ray :fawk: Raiders over Denver all day every day!