PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a car

SLiDe_WaYz
10-07-2011, 09:14 PM
So I've seated and didn't really come up with anything. I found a nice condition shell that I want, it's a 7hour drive away so about a 14-16hour trip. I priced out gas and it would be around 350-400 just in gas round trip.

I'm wondering if any of you have had a car shipped and if you did how much did it cost you, and what company did you go through? Please only post up if you've actually dine this OR you have a friend who has.

I'm just wanting to know prices, it's a 415mile trip, if it cost around the same to ship the car as it does to drive there pick it up on a trailer and drive back, why not have it shipped lmao.

h2v7
10-08-2011, 09:03 AM
400$ for 415 miles?

what you get like 5 mpg or something?

racer98
10-08-2011, 09:28 AM
So I've seated and didn't really come up with anything. I found a nice condition shell that I want, it's a 7hour drive away so about a 14-16hour trip. I priced out gas and it would be around 350-400 just in gas round trip.

I'm wondering if any of you have had a car shipped and if you did how much did it cost you, and what company did you go through? Please only post up if you've actually dine this OR you have a friend who has.

I'm just wanting to know prices, it's a 415mile trip, if it cost around the same to ship the car as it does to drive there pick it up on a trailer and drive back, why not have it shipped lmao.

where is the car located ?

and where are you located

most important what are you picking up ?

If its a new car just go and pick up and drive it back providing you get AAA Platinum service. If its a car that you dont trust then just go and rent a u-haul with a trailer and pick it up.

also use aaa gas calculator to check the price and distance or use the gas buddy road trip planner.

if you want really good MPG just get behind a Semi and draft - some of them do not like that when you do this and also rock chips are a problem too. worth the extra 10mpg when its a Ucrappyhaultruck rental

badbob2121
10-08-2011, 01:06 PM
ive shipped muliple cars before, from MO to VA and CA to MO..

it depends if you want enclosed or not... i spent around 1200 for a full enclosed trailer..

and your average un-enclosed carrier run you around 600-800

but all these prices are from the locations above, to and from ...

and depending how much you care about the car, enclosed is the way to go

my s13 sat nice and warm in the temp controlled carrier beside a benz and a bently..lol

FaLKoN240
10-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Remember when you're paying to ship a car you're paying for a service.

Essentially getting your car chauffeured from one place to another.

About 8 years ago I got a Honda Civic shipped from Alabama to California, I think I paid a little over 1k and the car had an oil spill coating the windshield from a car above it.

SLiDe_WaYz
10-11-2011, 06:41 PM
It was just a bareshell I found one a old lady somehow blew the engine I picked it up 120K miles 500$ lol. It was somewhat local.

ronmcdon
10-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah around a little north of 1k is about right.
I'm tentatively shipping a car from TN to socal and the quote I got was more or less the same.
Im debating whether it's better spending $500-600 to fly out there, gas, hotel, etc.
You could prob ship it via an open (vs. enclosed) trailer, but that seems a bit risky to me.