PDA

View Full Version : Video games

ONYX S-13
12-05-2003, 02:03 PM
What's your favorite.....?
Final Fantasy 7 is mine..Still waiting for GT4 to come out though that might become my number1..GT3 came close, but from what i hear GT4 is gonna dominate GT3 plus you can play it online so that adds a whole new element to the game...No more racing against the boring computer.

midnights14
12-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Enter the Matrix and LOTR: Return of the King are pretty tight games....

DRFT
12-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Although not my favorite, but i am playing initial D right now. I'm on the last stage against Bunta man that old man is fast!

I say the classics are the best like contra and super mario world:D

SilviaSativa
12-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Used to be Soldier of Fortune II, nowadays I would have to say Unreal Tournament 2003.

Is Initial D for ps2?

ONYX S-13
12-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by DRFT
Although not my favorite, but i am playing initial D right now. I'm on the last stage against Bunta man that old man is fast!

I say the classics are the best like contra and super mario world:D Contra is definelty a classic...Oh yeah what system is initial D for..Do they sale it here?(The U.S.) or did you have to import it?

masta
12-05-2003, 07:06 PM
Man I have been playing games since the Atari 2600. Still some cool games there like Maze Craze, GiJoe, etc.

Nintendo had a lot of cool ones too. I loved Final Fantasy I and when the PS1 remade it with better graphics, that was like a dream come true.

Loved Contra and the Konami code. Kinda funny because with the code I could beat it without dying but without it I die early. Must be in the mind, is anyone else like this. Also do not know why but I still remember the Mike Tyson code in Punch Out.

Yeah cannot wait until GT4, want to play online like all of you. This will probably be my only way to keep in touch with some of my friends. Depending on how the game is, we are planning to make online teams.

Love online gaming, even though it killed the local arcade.

balmo
12-05-2003, 07:19 PM
since, i only have ps1, gt2!

STIwish
12-05-2003, 09:52 PM
Best games ever? Star Control II, MOO, Civilization, Deus Ex, Morrowind, Thief, Thief II.... Knights of the Sky.... man, my list could go on forever, as I've been playing games and a hardcore gamer for many years (i even still hold several course 'world' records in the original Mario Kart according to Nintendo)

91blk240
12-06-2003, 12:03 AM
My favorite has always been any of the Madden football series and any of the gran Turismo's. Right now I only play PC games and I play a few different ones.

Warcraft3
Starcraft
Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
BF1942 <--really only play DC mod
NFSU
Also playing Call of Duty single player mode for now :/

I need to get another ps2 so I can play some gran Turismo.

Used to be Soldier of Fortune II, nowadays I would have to say Unreal Tournament 2003.

Do many people still play sofII online? I played it once on LAN, but never online. I was thinking about buying it if the game still had a good number of people playing because I thought it was a decent game.

DRFT
12-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Yea initial D, i had it inported. And its for PS2

SO far i got a few unbeatable games.
1.) initial D
2.) grand theft auto: vice city, gets kinda boring after a while and hard even with cheats
3.) socom 1, cant beat aone level, i ferget its been so long.

brianglawson
12-06-2003, 06:27 AM
*The Grand Theft Auto series, and yes even the ones on PS1
*All the Gran Turismos, but 2 is my favorite, cant wait till 4
*The First 2 Need For Speed games
*Mario World 64
*Star Fox 64
*All of the Mortal Kombat games except Subzero Mythologists and Jax Missions
*Metal Gear Solid
*Medal of Honor: Frontline
*and last but not least the first Super Mario Bros with duckhunt on the same cartridge

tsunami0ne
12-06-2003, 06:55 PM
DoDonpachi Dai Oou Jou

boro240
12-06-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by tsunami0ne
DoDonpachi Dai Oou Jou
gotta love it. the striker series owns too.

SilviaDriver
12-06-2003, 10:01 PM
i am ashamed none of u guys said it

Street Fighter series!!

better yet...Street Fighter Zero 2

no..not none of that street figher verus crap where u jump into the air 100ft and bust out mad 50hit combos

im talkin the old fashion cross over kick with a low medium sweep and a super hadoken or a super hurricane kick which gives u an amazing 8hit combo or something like that

now thats awsome!

tsunami0ne
12-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by boro240
gotta love it. the striker series owns too.

ya man, i love Strikers 1999.

But all the games by Cave are some of the best I've ever played. Guwange, ESP ra.de., Dangun Feveron....

Then there's Battle Garegga and Armed Police Batrider... those are fun except for the occasional occurance of "invisible bullet syndrome."

fastpace
12-07-2003, 11:45 AM
The first Resident Evil
NBA Live
The classics TMNT 2 arcade edition, Double Dragon, and the first Battle Toads on nintendo.

ridebmx
12-07-2003, 07:06 PM
gran tursimo games were fun, still play gt3 sometimes, .hack games werent bad, used to rock out tfc with orginal quake, now the only games i play online are counterstrike, and natural selection(another hl mod)

Toahk
12-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Right now

BF1942 DC
Live for Speed
Rise of Nations
And on occasion CS when other comp's cant handle newer games at LAN.

Live for speed is cool, nice grip or drifting game with tons of online players, and only 17 bucks. Real good simulator.

whateverjames
12-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Medal of Honor: Spearhead
Medal of Honor: Breakthrough
Gran Turismo 3

masta
12-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SilviaDriver
i am ashamed none of u guys said it

Street Fighter series!!
... OMG I totally forgot because everyone seemed to be mentioning consoles. I think the original part 2 with all the glitches is still the best.

Stee Flo
12-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Alot of good old and new games mentioned above. Right now I play alot of Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Id like to try Final Fantasy XI Online. Looks really sweet!

ONYX S-13
12-08-2003, 11:01 AM
The reason why i idn't say any o the street ighter games is cause they get old real fast (like most fighting game IMO)..Yes those games are un but i can play those for myre then a half an hour or i'll get tired o it..I can't wait for FFXI and FFX-2 to come out either...I like those games a lot cause they take up to several months to beat and there's always somehting new to do in those game...I feel ripped off when i buy a game and i beat it inna week.....Oh yeah i loved the original Mortal Kombat..

vodka
12-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Xenogears/Saga
TXR0
NBA Jam
MGSI (snakuuu, snakuuu!!!!)
The good old platform fighters (streets of rage, final fight, etc)
Super Mario World
Mario Kart
GTA: VC
Chrono Trigger/Cross
FF 4,5,6,7,9,10

sykikchimp
12-08-2003, 12:39 PM
I always find myself going back to Tekken anything, and
Gran Turismo anything. Awesome games.

I loved Metal Gear Solid, and Splinter Cell. Both games I could NOT put down till they were beat. The original Metal Gear Solid is probably my all time favorite game.

Recent cool games:
Collin Mcrae Rally 3
Prince of Persia, the sands of Time
Medal of Honor, Rising Sun

mbmbmb23
12-08-2003, 01:16 PM
2 things.

Coolest game I've played in awhile is a Tecmo Superbowl III final edition SNES custom ROM. If anyone on here knows what emulators are...then you know what Im talking about. Anyways, I downloaded this program that lets you edit the stats/names/players on this game. Then, you can save it and load it on your computer. I have a USB adapter that allows me to use my PS1 controllers to play these games on my computer. I've finished updating about half of the teams and I'm trying to balance the individual players stats (if you thought Bo Jackson was fast in the original tecmo, you should see Mike Vick on this ROM). Anyhow its pretty cool...but I still havent been able to change the faces of the guys when their pic pops up with stats in game.

Second thing. Anyone have any info on Gran Tourismo 4??? Are they gonna put tons of cars back in the game like in GT2? Any word on the development of this game??

thanks,

-m

ckyfish
12-08-2003, 01:57 PM
gran turismo 3
soul calibur 2
socom 2
call of duty

those are all my favorites now

ONYX S-13
12-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mbmbmb23

Are they gonna put tons of cars back in the game like in GT2? Any word on the development of this game??

That's the main reason why i disliked GT2...There are too many cars in that game that have nothing to do with racing....Like all the 65 hp cars and stuff like that..Instead of having those cars they could have made the graphics a lil better or put different cars in there that dederve a spot in a GT game..Other then that aspect i loved that game..

RoNiN240sx
12-08-2003, 04:30 PM
i liked having all those cars in GT2, nothing like goin out and racing the same car you drive in real life. I missed em in GT3, but ain't complainin bout the supercars they have and those indy cars.

oh and the Grand Theft Auto games are crazy fun and they aren't hard at all with or without cheats as long as you know where to find all the weapons, health, pay-n-spray's etc. when you spend that much time on a game like that you pretty much memorize the map.

fantasya98
12-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Wat about Castlevania? The original on Nintendo? and Ninja Gaiden? Those were classics...

Personally i like the alpha series for street fighter the best, thats when they finally got Akuma and evil Ryu and all the new char. but it still kept its old school style.

Samurai Shodown too. aaaaah tooo many games!!

DRFT
12-08-2003, 07:12 PM
The original Double Dragon game was the best.
In 2 player mode you could either work together or work against each other still being on the same team.

I like it when me and my bro plays everytime he tries to climb the ladder i kick him off.:D :p

hookedup240
12-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by DRFT
The original Double Dragon game was the best.
In 2 player mode you could either work together or work against each other still being on the same team.

I like it when me and my bro plays everytime he tries to climb the ladder i kick him off.:D :p

truly a classic game....i had so much fun playing that.

Also i loved the original ninja turtles game for nes that was the shittttt

No Motiv
12-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Yea initial D, i had it inported. And its for PS2

Dont you need a Japanese PS2 For that? I thought it didnt work on the American PS2......Hmmm i want that..It looks really good/fun

I have the Japanese itnial D Game boy advanced game...AWESOME

Any one play the Intial D Arcade Game...? Its the Best Arcade game ive ever played! you get your own little license that you put in the machine every time you play to get more stats and more cars....so fun....Wow im a Nerd
http://www.angelfire.com/ult/no_motiv/initial_D.jpg
Favorite Games:....

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero
Halo
Vice City
Tony Hawk (all of them)
GT3
FF7 and X

Stee Flo
12-09-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by No Motiv

Any one play the Intial D Arcade Game...? Its the Best Arcade game ive ever played! you get your own little license that you put in the machine every time you play to get more stats and more cars....so fun....Wow im a Nerd

Definately a fun game. I have my card on my visor in the car. I used to play it frequently but then the arcade where it was located took it out:mad: Smart move taking out the game that made the most money there.

Yeah I liked the nes Double Dragon games, especially part 2. Gotta love the super knee attack that you could keep doing and knocking the enemy way across the screen. I you were'nt careful, you would hit your teammate:p

My favorite Castlevania game was the PS1 Symphony of the night. It had some nice 2D artistry in it. Anyone try the Most recent Castlevania lament of innocence for the PS2?

ONYX S-13
12-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Nah i haven't played it yet...I've heard mixed feelings about it though..I don't care i used to play the old ones on NES so i might go out and buy the new one (if it's the right price)

sykikchimp
12-09-2003, 09:13 AM
I need to dig out my original Nintendo.. you can get games for like $.50 now for it. In college we bougt an old NES, and like 100 games.. and were never bored again.. LOL

Stee Flo
12-09-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by sykikchimp
I need to dig out my original Nintendo.. you can get games for like $.50 now for it. In college we bougt an old NES, and like 100 games.. and were never bored again.. LOL
Actually if you own a ps1, you can get an nes emulator disk that contains something like 300 or so games for the nes. that would be a better route imo.:)

ONYX S-13
12-09-2003, 09:54 AM
That disk you speak of......Does it only work on the PS1?

mbmbmb23
12-09-2003, 11:33 AM
You can play these nintendo ROMS on your computer. Basically you have to download an "emulator". This is a program that lets you load game "ROMs". A rom is just a file that contains exactly what is burned onto the game cartridges, and looks like "excitebike.nes" for NES, "griffeybaseball.smc" for SNES....and so on and so forth. There are emulators for ALL systems, including Neo Geo, Turbo Grafix 16, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System (8 bit), N64 (need a really fast computer...1000mghz+), Atari 2600, Atari 7800, and various arcade emulators. I've tried them and they work. If you dont have a PC gamepad, you'll have to use your keyboard...but you can configure the controls in the options so thats not a problem. Like I said, I use my PS1 controller to play these games thru my USB port convertor I got on ebay for $7.99 plus shipping.

Basically you download and install the emulator, then you have to scour the net for ROM files. Download the ROM file, unzip the file into the "games" directory in the program folder, then run the program and it lets you navigate thru your subfolders to find the ROM files you want to load.

My recommendations for NES is a program called "JNES" and for SNES "ZSNES"

Right now I have 863 NES roms on my computer taking up 181mb. If anyone downloads an NES emulator and has any ROM requests, PM me with your email address and I'll send ya some.
I collect these games....so I pretty much have any game you've ever heard of...and many you've never heard of.

(Note that my hotmail account only allows 1.2kb total attachments, and each game ROM is from 60-256kb large)

-m

mbmbmb23
12-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ONYX S-13
That disk you speak of......Does it only work on the PS1?

I have 2 of those discs...one with NES games and one with Sega games. I downloaded the .ISO file from Kazaa lite and burned it to CDR. It kinda works, but the sound is choppy. The PSX's laser eye isnt exactly calibrated to read all CDR discs. Some discs dont read that well (light colors like green, yellow, etc.) Best would be to get the dark blue bottomed Verbatims or the CDRW blank discs with the protective black bottom.

-m

old_s13
12-09-2003, 03:07 PM
Emulators are okay, but they are never the SAME.. as in PERFECT. You'll always get a few glitches, sound kinda funky, or even the feel of the game will be a bit off. Dont get me wrong, they are still enjoyable to play. I am just saying that an emulator is kind-of like the difference between Arcade vs Home video game system, its RARELY perfect.

Speaking of AWESOME games, its all about:
- Street Fighter 2 Turbo (SNES)
- Super Mario Kart
- Bionic Commando
- Contra
- Mike Tysons Punch Out
- Double Dragon (Arcade) Double Dragon II (SNES)
- Kung Fu (NES)
- Zelda (NES)
- Rygar (NES)
- Prince of Persia I and II (PC)
- Karateka (Classic PC game)
- Altered Beast (Genesis)
- Splatterhouse (Turbo Graphx16)
- Excite Bike (NES)
- DOOM (PC)
- Venture (Coleco)
- Donkey Kong (Coleco)

Newschool games suck. Old school for lyfe!

Stee Flo
12-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Dang all those games mentioned takes me back to the days of 8-bit power, where the games were good based on gameplay rather than in awesome graphics. I like the old and the new school games though. Speaking of mario kart, Ive been playing MK Double Dash on Gamecube. Its gotta be the best one yet. Highly recommend it. Super fun!

ONYX S-13
12-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by old_s13

- Mike Tysons Punch Out
Probably the most impossible game ever made....BTW i love MarioKart 64....

old_s13
12-09-2003, 04:08 PM
damn new schoolers.. hehe

Mike Tyson is not hard to beat, just watch out for his wink/flinch and you'll be okay. It takes a lot of practice though.

The hardest game I ever tried to beat on NES was Double Dragon part 1, its just UNFAIR. That fucking machine gun guy is a fucking cheater. I ended up beating it recently after YEARS of playing it, wow.. what a lame ending. 10 years of work for "congrats, you are the winner" -- that was it. No fucking nice animation, no cool music, no banging the girl, NOTHING.

oh well, atleast I still have my sanity. I think the LONGEST game to beat was Rygar.. easily consumes a FULL day.

- Mike

ONYX S-13
12-09-2003, 04:21 PM
I think thats the reason why i gave up on good ol' mike..It takes too long to get everything right..I mean if you mess up you get knocked out in one punch..So unfair, from i remember you can't even block his punches huh?...Oh and the machine gun guy is impossible to beat as well........Lol that has to be the crappiest ending I've heard of as well...I mean isn't the whole reason for the game is to save that girl? And in the long run you don't even get to get her..unappreciative B&@#H... :p

tsunami0ne
12-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ONYX S-13
Probably the most impossible game ever made....BTW i love MarioKart 64....

Play Mike Tyson again and I guarantee you can beat it. He's pretty easy when you're not 8 years old.

mbmbmb23
12-09-2003, 08:17 PM
damn new schoolers.. hehe

Mike Tyson is not hard to beat, just watch out for his wink/flinch and you'll be okay. It takes a lot of practice though.

The hardest game I ever tried to beat on NES was Double Dragon part 1, its just UNFAIR. That fucking machine gun guy is a fucking cheater. I ended up beating it recently after YEARS of playing it, wow.. what a lame ending. 10 years of work for "congrats, you are the winner" -- that was it. No fucking nice animation, no cool music, no banging the girl, NOTHING.

oh well, atleast I still have my sanity. I think the LONGEST game to beat was Rygar.. easily consumes a FULL day.

- Mike

My vote for the hardest game is definately Bionic Commando for NES. Talk about bullsh*t.......no password...no savegames...it was just plain hard. On the other hand....Both Metal Gears were amazing...and just plain fun.

Speaking of old games....anyone recognize "007-373-5963"??
That damn number is BURNED into my brain for life.

:)

-m

masta
12-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah emulators rock! They are like the MP3's of consoles. You are suppose to own the cartridge you have the ROM's for or else it has to be deleted within 24 hours and viewed for education reasons. :) Kind of sucks because you cannot get some of these games even if you wanted to.

You can play even play imported games that never came to the states too. Also hack in to the game to make the game say or look however you like.

mbmbmb23: Yup, like I posted, that Mike Tyson code is stuck on my head, too bad my college studies are not like that. I will definately have to hook up with you on your NES ROM collection. I want to view it for educational reasons... ;)

Double Dragon I was great. Only the original arcade was two players, the NES was one player at a time where you had to wait until the other dies. Any of you remember the secret on the 2nd stage to max out your heart skills? Hehehe, a real classic.

Tecmo sports games were great, I loved the cinematic replay screens of whenever you do something! Man the original Turtles game was kinda sucked and was hard as a kid. It got kinda hard after the stage with the bombs you have to difuse.

Anyone remember Duck Hunt and blowing up your TV from shooting too much. I did! :p Or the POS stuff the NES had like that ROB robot that came with Gyromyte and the Power Glove both of which did not work too well like we had wanted.

Some of these old games can make you money. Like the Dragon Warrior Series for Nintendo. The first one will not but part 2,3,4 will sell on eBay for like $50+, even more if you have one mint and in the box!

tsunami0ne
12-09-2003, 11:06 PM
I have heard this RPG eclipses FF7 in every way.

tsunami0ne
12-09-2003, 11:07 PM

tsunami0ne
12-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by masta
Yeah emulators rock! They are like the MP3's of consoles. You are suppose to own the cartridge you have the ROM's for or else it has to be deleted within 24 hours and viewed for education reasons. :) Kind of sucks because you cannot get some of these games even if you wanted to.

You can play even play imported games that never came to the states too. Also hack in to the game to make the game say or look however you like.

mbmbmb23: Yup, like I posted, that Mike Tyson code is stuck on my head, too bad my college studies are not like that. I will definately have to hook up with you on your NES ROM collection. I want to view it for educational reasons... ;)

Double Dragon I was great. Only the original arcade was two players, the NES was one player at a time where you had to wait until the other dies. Any of you remember the secret on the 2nd stage to max out your heart skills? Hehehe, a real classic.

Tecmo sports games were great, I loved the cinematic replay screens of whenever you do something! Man the original Turtles game was kinda sucked and was hard as a kid. It got kinda hard after the stage with the bombs you have to difuse.

Anyone remember Duck Hunt and blowing up your TV from shooting too much. I did! :p Or the POS stuff the NES had like that ROB robot that came with Gyromyte and the Power Glove both of which did not work too well like we had wanted.

Some of these old games can make you money. Like the Dragon Warrior Series for Nintendo. The first one will not but part 2,3,4 will sell on eBay for like $50+, even more if you have one mint and in the box!

Sounds like you were addicted to video games. $50 for the Dragon Warrior games is no big deal, although it's weird since they released 1-4 on Gameboy color didn't they? I sold my copy of Radiant Silvergun for $180 and all my other Saturn games for either retail price($49+) or more.

DrAgNDriFteR23
12-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Anyone remember playing MK or MKII for super NES or genesis? And did you ever use a pen anytime u did the "test ur might"? like you would hella rock that shit back and forth just to get the yellow bar to the red line?? hella old school shiet!!!

old_s13
12-10-2003, 02:02 AM
Mortal Kombat is NOT old-school. You want old-school? Play some PacMan or anything on an Atari or Coleco. Speaking of collectors items, I picked up a FULL Coleco vision system with 25 games, steering wheel/pedals, roller controller, and some other misc shit for 200 bucks last year -- talk about a steal!

I think the code you posted earlier was for Mike Tyson, not bad. :) BTW, if you want extra hearts in Double Dragon 1 (NES version) just keep punching the same person but dont kill them, that will build your heart level. Regardless, that game was crap and only the Arcade version was worth playing.

Double Dragon II on NES however, was god-sent. Beat up the bitches, beat up everyone.. do spin kicks, and that FUCKING knee which is just SO fun (and hard) to do. Bored? Beat the shit out of your friend. That game would last me days.

Personally, I think Rygar is MUCH harder than Bionic Commando. I mean, BC would take some skill.. but Rygar took ALL day.. maybe even a full weekend to beat! It was SO fucking rediculously long to beat.

Not sure if anyone ever beat Ikari Warriors, that game was DISGUSTINGLY monotonous and would make me sick because I would often think there is no ending. Unfortunately, there IS. I have to admit, I think that game is the most real war simulation ever. I started getting delerious just playing that game.. as if I was in Vietnam. Its a good thing I gave up on that game REAL quick.

ps: The HARDEST and more stupid game for NES was Friday the 13th. I loved what they would tell you when you would die, it would consist of something like this:

YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD. GAME OVER.

How fucking nice, talk about uplifting. I dont know how games like that were allowed to be legal.

DRFT
12-10-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by DrAgNDriFteR23
Anyone remember playing MK or MKII for super NES or genesis? And did you ever use a pen anytime u did the "test ur might"? like you would hella rock that shit back and forth just to get the yellow bar to the red line?? hella old school shiet!!!

if you got real skoll you dont need a pen ;) never ehard of anyone using a pen before. didn't think it was that hard:confused:

bchumley
12-10-2003, 08:36 AM
i know it's the exact opposite of this old school discussion, but who's played the Need For Speed Underground? I heard from an unreliable source that it's sweet. Looking for something good to rent for PS2 to hold me over until my pre-ordered copy of GT4 shows up.

masta
12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
tsunami0ne: Yeah I was addicted, but when I went to college I did not have time to play a whole lot. Last game I was really in to was Phantasy Star Online. I will probably get back in to it when I graduate, or maybe not. And I know that other games/consoles were worth a lot on eBay too, I just gave a simple example of a Nintendo game.

old_s13: I think in DD1 if you punched the guy too many times, he would eventually die. My secret had to do with making a guy invisible and frozen. You would then pick up a bat and keep swinging infintely since the guy cannot die. I used the bat since it gave you the most points. I also remember DD2 with the Super Knee Blast (press A+B after a landing from a jump), but there was also an Uppercut (press punch when landing from a jump)that made the guy fly a little upward. I would do that whenever there were spikes on the ceiling. I also did the lives exchange with my partner where I would beat my partner up to gain a life.

Man the little gamer nerd in me is released. :p

Stee Flo
12-10-2003, 09:39 AM
I feel all nastalgic now ha hearing about these games. Pacman is still just as fun now as it ever was. Used to have it for my atari. I think i have a demo of it on my cel(pulling out cel):cool:

Speaking of codes I think I renember the code for Contra for nes; up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a,b,a, b, select, start. Goes something like that:)

ONYX S-13
12-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Anyone remember the mario bro game for atari? I can't really remember it that well (I was kinda young)..I think that was the one that had a fixed screen and you'd have to kill crabs and insects that come from the sides of the screen..I was wondering if that game was beatable? I mean i know i played that thing a hell of a lot when i was little and i don't ever remembering beating it...Does the game just go on forever?....All this talk about NES makes me want to go out and buy one...There's this place called "Games 4 U" by my house and you can buy ps2's for like100 bucks (Used of course), and i saw sega's for 30 bucks and original nintendos for like 15...I gotta go by a ps2 controller anyways so i'm gonna go check out the systems while I'm there.

DrAgNDriFteR23
12-10-2003, 09:53 AM
[B]Mortal Kombat is NOT old-school. You want old-school? Play some PacMan or anything on an Atari or Coleco.

Let's just say it's getting old school
;)

mbmbmb23
12-10-2003, 10:05 AM
Anyone ever do the "Blades of Steel" trick?? Where, after you score one goal...you can take one of your back guys and hide behind your goal with the puck. The other team will continually try and send one of their guys THROUGH the goalie to get to you...and the goalie would keep knocking down the guy. Pretty cheap....I won the championship that way on the hardest level.

Check this out......for that JNES 8 bit NES emulator I have, it has a function that you can plug in Game Genie codes (codes that are available online too). Let me tell you how much fun RC Pro AM 2 is when you get infinite continues and infinite cash.

Speaking of hacked roms for use on the emulator, I have found 2 hacked mario games so far. One was renamed "Fucko" and the graphics were altered so the mushrooms looked like penises and the fireballs he'd shoot looked like a pair of testices. I also found a hacked Mario 2 rom that all the characters look like Ku Klux Klan members and there are all kinds of hacked graphics that I will not mention on here (as Im not racist).

Anyone EVER able to land that damn plane on the carrier on Topgun for NES??

My vote for the MOST WORTHLESS and IMPOSSIBLE game has to be the original "Back to the Future" game for NES.

-m

aznpoopy
12-10-2003, 10:11 AM

ps: The HARDEST and more stupid game for NES was Friday the 13th. I loved what they would tell you when you would die, it would consist of something like this:

YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD. GAME OVER.

How fucking nice, talk about uplifting. I dont know how games like that were allowed to be legal.

omfg that was one of my first NES games. that game pissed me off AND scared me at night with you running around and suddenly this giant purple hulk thats supposed to be jason comes out of nowhere and starts chucking shit at you. or when you're on the boat and he goes swimming past you like a torpedo LOL. or the first time i found his mom's bodyless head in the woods... i did eventually beat it. got really good at fighting him during the indoor sequences and picked off his life mostly with knives. just get good at reading his machete attack lol... there were actually alot of items and stuff in that game that i never ONCE came across. i only got the machete as a weapon once... :T

personally my favorite semi old school game = NINJA GAIDEN 1 and 2. the 3rd was ok. when i play that game, i get into a state of like zen mindlessness. i could whip thru both games with my eyes closed... yes i was obsessed. my second fav not-so-old school game was PANZER DRAGOON 1 and 2. so artsy and absorbing.

old_s13
12-10-2003, 10:19 AM
masta> I think in DD1 if you punched the guy too many times, he would eventually die. My secret had to do with making a guy invisible and frozen. You would then pick up a bat and keep swinging infintely since the guy cannot die. I used the bat since it gave you the most points.

oh.. I dont think I ever knew the frozen guy trick. But no, if you punch the guy and leave a few seconds between each punch, he the bad guy wouldnt die and you would just keep getting more points -- yours probably works MUCh quicker though! How do you freeze the character?

ONYX S-13 Anyone remember the mario bro game for atari? I can't really remember it that well (I was kinda young)..

Yup, that was the original MARIO BROTHERS, I remember playing that one. The point isnt to BEAT the game, thats not possible.. back then it was all about FLIPPING the game and getting the MAX number of points -- thats how you would show off to your friends. Anyone remember a similar game where you are this bird and you have to fly around the screen picking up eggs or something like that, you were an ostrich i think.. i cant remember the name, but it was very similar to mario bros.

blades of steel was okay, i just liked beating ass... that was street fighter for 1990. :)

mbmbmb23
12-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Anyone remember a similar game where you are this bird and you have to fly around the screen picking up eggs or something like that, you were an ostrich i think.. i cant remember the name, but it was very similar to mario bros.

You are probably talking about Joust. Pretty much pointless....you'd fly in one side of the screen and out the other. Another really dumb bird game was called "Bird Week". You would fly around and try to catch falling baby birds who fell out of trees. There were also hawks that would try to swoop and eat you...and bugs you had to catch in mid air then feed to the baby birds that hadn't fallen out of the nests yet. It was soooo weak....I played it on an emulator (I dont think it was available here in the states).

-m

ONYX S-13
12-10-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by mbmbmb23
I also found a hacked Mario 2 rom that all the characters look like Ku Klux Klan members and there are all kinds of hacked graphics that I will not mention on here (as Im not racist).

Hilarious.....For some reason i could never beat mario bros. 2.., I 'd get stcuk in either the sand level or the ice level..I can't remember.....I just know I've never beat it ...:(

masta
12-10-2003, 08:05 PM
old_s13: How do you freeze the character? ...
This is off memory:

On the 2nd stage right in the beginning you will climb a fence and then down. Kill all of the guys before you climb down. You should have a bat iirc.

When you climb down you will see two guys come toward you. Wait until on guys comes close to you until he reaches the end of the girders.

At this moment climb up the fence again and and remember where this guy was next to the girders.

Once you climb the fence you need to walk to the left until the guys you saw are no longer on the screen.

Now walk back and climb down the fence. The guys should still be there but invisible so remembering where he was is important.

Using your bat you can keep swinging because the guy will not die or get knocked down. Do this until you get all of your skills maxed. I usually only get up to 6 stars because I hate the spin kick.

The bat will give you like 15 pts per swing where as the punch will give you like 5 pts or something like that.

[Sorry for the long post]

mbmbmb23: Anyone EVER able to land that damn plane on the carrier on Topgun for NES?? Hahahaha, nope! I can blowup every plane, but cannot land. I remember the cutscene of my plane crashing before or after the aircraft.

Friday the 13th was pretty cool; even beat it a few times before. You just have to remember that the two really white counselors (I think they were Mark and Christy) were the best because they could jump the highest. When you fight Jason in a cabin his axe looks like a toilet brush. :D