PDA

View Full Version : L.A. s14 accident help

snmlmz
10-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey I crashed my s14 and damage was done obviously and my windshield was cracked pretty badly so I need to replace it. I made some calls and got a quote for 400 AND I have to buy the moldings myself. any help or good references would be awesome!

also I'm thinking of buying a carbon fiber dash NOT dash kit would it be a dumb idea because of the possible glare?

Thanks

P.S. yes I'm a noob :(

chato de shamrock
10-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Downtown LA buddy. I replaced mine some 4 months ago for $100 new aftermarket glass. Shop that did it offered to look for a used one and charge me $75 for it, but who knows what condition a used one would have so I went for the new one. Prices on the mission road stip range from $100 to around $130, give or take. A couple of shops went higher. I gave Mission Auto Glass my business after looking at their reviews online. Be careful with your wires and cables from GPS or what not. One of these shops on the Mission Rd strip has a review that they half assed their work and cut some dude's GPS wire then wrapped it "good as new" with electrical tape when dude complained to them.

kevmeistah21
10-08-2011, 01:15 AM
go to your local junkyards, they usually have a "shop" out in the parking lot. I recently got mine done for $135. It includes the windshield, moldings, and labor.

DS562
10-08-2011, 01:16 AM
^^ word. my friend got his for $100 from the tent outside ecology on imperial blvd

snmlmz
10-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Good lookin out with the Mission auto lookup. now do you guys happen to know where I can get a brand new radiator support I ordered one from streetbeatcustoms but they said that they're out and I don't know where else to get a new one except for like courtesy parts but they're expensive