PDA

View Full Version : oil temp,oil press gauge wiring

s13coupe92
10-06-2011, 10:13 PM
So I've researched the past couple hours and I haven't found out much bout the wiring for the oil temp and pressure besides which wire goes where. So my question is where is the best location to run my wires to through the vent area. I have megan racing v1 gauges and to me the wires seem really short to reach a ground or the sending unit. Also do I need some sort off line for the oil pressure sender? Sorry but I'm confused. First time installing gauges so go ahead and flame away

lilredrex
10-06-2011, 10:45 PM
did your gauges not come with any wiring instructions? and i thought my gauges were cheap....

the wires coming out of your gauges will probably need to be spliced into a key on +12and a ground just for them to light and have poser, the sensor for the oil temperature and the oil pressure should be installed near the oil filter on the housing (where the stock oil sending unit is located) as for the additional wiring, you need to find the instruction manual or talk to megan racing

Godfoot
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
i ran my wires threw the pod arm on drivers side, grounded it by all my sensors, had no problem reaching either, but i would buy some longer wires, same as original then strip and attach wrap with elec tape .my op

s13coupe92
10-07-2011, 07:09 AM
I bought them used that's why I have this confusion. Alright so how do you connet the wire to the sending unit? I'm guessing a plate at the end on the wire to go around the screw than bolt down?

s13coupe92
10-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Can anyone describe the headlight wire to run the dimmer(purple) wire too? Can't find it