PDA

View Full Version : Going to Amsterdam!

sykikchimp
12-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Well, I was sitting at my computer, minding my own business, when all of the sudden I get the familiar 'ding' indicating I've got new mail. New mail is usually pretty cool, so I pull up OE, and what do I see?, an msg from USAirways claiming they can "Ease my holiday travel." Perfect.. JUST what I need. Another way to spend gobs of money. So I check it out, and they have this awesome fair to Amsterdam. $225 ROUND TRIP!..

Testing the waters I send the email to my roommates, and to my surprise, they immediately ask "When you buying them?"

Long story short.. I am now driving to Philly to catch a flight to Amsterdam March 4-10. Pretty cool. PROBLEM> I know nothing about this town except: Most people speak english, and there are a LOT of "coffeshops" ;) :D

So, Have any of you ever been to Amsterdam? Any stories, or recommendations on what to do, or where to stay? (especially the "where to stay" part, as we have no idea what hotel to pick.

HOORAY FOR TOLERANCE!! :coolugh: :boink: :bow:

brianglawson
12-04-2003, 09:31 AM
poo on you man, you get to go to amsterdam, who cares about a place to stay, just sit in a "coffeeshop" allday.....

lucky bastard
~BrIaN~

p.s. have a good time...lol:w00t:

nokeone
12-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Red Light District...:boink:

aznpoopy
12-04-2003, 02:06 PM
lucky... european clubs, 'clean' drugs and european club girls. that's what i would be doing. :boink: :w00t:

sykikchimp
12-04-2003, 03:49 PM
I read a statistic that said there are approx. 25000 prostitues in Amsterdam. 50% are illeagal immigrants. :-P

I have a G/F that is going with me.. so.. unless I can get her to play along, no Redlight playtime for me.

Dousan_PG
12-04-2003, 03:54 PM
dooood your gonna get SOO wasted

have a great time
take lots of pics and have fun
eat lots of food (though i see a lot of 'snacking' in your future) hahaha

i love traveling over seas...aah im jealous
have a great time!

crioten
12-04-2003, 05:08 PM
whatever you do dont smoke up right before going on the airplane, the us drug dogs will find you and customs agents will hastle you....it heppened to a friend of mine lol...

he eneded up missing a connecting flight by being held for 4 hours...you would think that the customs agents would be used to people from amsterdam

rancid240
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
they also have boston-amsterdam for $290

http://usairways.com/promotions/specials/europe_sale.htm

Rennen
12-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Find a Nissan dealership and buy a bunch of glass S14 headlights, bring em back and put a huge EDM mark up on them and make all your money back. Hey, it works for people who go to Japan, why not Europe?

-Matt

Bill Roberts
12-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Good for you Charles!
I just got back from a tour...and going again soon. Amsterdam will be fun....you know, weed is weed and it is legal there and that in itself makes it fun. It is most unfortunant that all our previous Presidents could not see that us taxpayers are responsable enough to do it on an even and fun keel and they still poke alcohol (most dangerous shit ever) at us at every turn.

Go smoke a bowl on me...hey, I might just meet up with you guys...what the hell???

How come after a heavy night of drinking ...you feel like ass for 1 day but if you get a buzz and drink...you feel great the next day....eh??

SilviaSativa
12-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Hi sykikchimp, nice to meet you.

Sorry, I personally have never been to A-Dam, but please check out this (http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?threadid=55752)
VERY long, pictorial thread about someone who travels there quite often. He checks out all the coffee shops, and shares the best one's to go to, and the PRIME strains of hashish and herbs to get. It should prove to be very helpful for your trip. Tons of pics of the coffeeshops, the doobage he purchased, and other neat stuff.

It has been awhile since I read the post, but I am sure he shares great places to visit, like the Global Hemp Museum. Have a blast, blaze a cone for me, and let me know how your trip was!

:bowdown:

BadMoJo
12-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Fuck I need to do something like that. I want to go back to Europe badly.

crioten
12-04-2003, 10:03 PM
omg SilviaSativa that was the coolest thread ive read in a while, i spent over an hour looking at it lol.....

next summer 15 friends and i are going over there....and bringing a lot of cash :)

SilviaSativa
12-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Hehe, awesome! Have fun!
Glad the thread was useful for you. Check out that overgrow site, it's tyte!

I went to Vancouver over the summer, although it is smoker friendly, nothing beats purchasing quality from the coffeeshops w/o the worries of somebody jacking you for your dollars.

Bliss
12-04-2003, 10:14 PM
What's the drink....its illegal in America now, starting to make a comeback.... green in color, hallucinogenic effects, or something along those lines...wtf is it called....

anyways, amsterdam should be a lot of fun! Always nice to travel to other countries/cultures. Have a blast!

rancid240
12-04-2003, 11:28 PM
This thread is almost 98% drugs and 2% amsterdam. Just had to point that out.:coolugh:

mbmbmb23
12-05-2003, 08:00 PM
If you get your hands on some fatty seeds you can smuggle them home inside your toothpaste!!

-m

s13chica
12-05-2003, 11:25 PM
I was there a year and a half ago... It's my second favorite city I have ever travelled to, and I've been quite a few places.

The city is increadibly beautiful, the streets have canals running through them, and the buildings are old and have remarkable architecture.

Make SURE you make it to the Van Gough museum. It's breath taking...really a once in a life time opportunity to see osme one teh most amazing pieces of art work.

HAVE FUN! (don't get into too much trouble)

sykikchimp
12-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words and advice!

Dousan - Will definately take tons of pics. We'll likely have internet access in the hotel, so I will likely post while I'm there!. :)

Crioten - excellent advice.. I honestly didn't even think about that. I figured a 10 hour flight, and my presonal funk would probably cover anything else. lol

Rancid240 - Actually our flight IS the Boston to AMS.. There is a layover in Philly for the connecting flight. I think we're gonna try to just drive to philly, and fly from there since it's a shorter drive. Is that possible??

Rennen - I seriously thought about buying some s14 lights, but I doubt I'll have the cash. I might be able to do it for 1 or 2 people while I'm there though if they were to paypal me some money. :shrug:

Bill - I most definately will smoke one on you. You just have to come and pick up the tab! :D

SilviaSativa-Thanks for the link! I've been a member on that forum for quite a while, and never read that one. :doh: . I never post there, just seems a bit high profile :coolugh:.

mbmbmb23 - hmm interesting. Never heard of that before, but definately sounds like it would work. ? we'll see. I doubt I'll be that adventurous. I've also heard of wrapping them in saran wrap, and stiching them into the seam of your pants.

S13 chica - Already in the plans. I LOVE Van Gogh. Saw a lot of his original works at the Louvre, and other random museums while I was in Paris last year.

Seriously, I'm about as excited as a puppy about to wet himself over a bowl of kibble. (random).. Too long to wait. Still need to find a hotel..

mbmbmb23
12-06-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sykikchimp

mbmbmb23 - hmm interesting. Never heard of that before, but definately sounds like it would work. ? we'll see. I doubt I'll be that adventurous. I've also heard of wrapping them in saran wrap, and stiching them into the seam of your pants.

How it was explained to me was to use one of those little coffee stirrer straws (one single opening, not the dual opening ones that have tiny openings) and stuff the straw full of seeds, then use a lighter to seal the ends of the straw (I would use something else to seal it myself). Then, push the straw into your (almost full) toothpaste container. I dont think customs x-rays your luggage...but I could be wrong.

-m

slowdriver
01-10-2007, 11:17 PM
dont buy any "stuff" off street peddlers.

slowdriver
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM
ha ha ha ah I just realized this was like years ago.