PDA

View Full Version : Colleges in SoCal??

black s13
12-02-2003, 05:46 PM
im looking into where to go to school next year, and wanted some feedback on some school in southern california. i know a lot of you are from that area, so some help would be appreciated.

i have a decent GPA, 3.5 weighted, 3.0 unweighted, and take honors/advanced classes. im looking for an engineering school, expecially mechanical engineering.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

RBS14
12-02-2003, 05:56 PM
WERD!! mechanical engineering....... me too.......

However........ you're kinda late to apply to any csu or uc....... deadline was nov 30th. so that narrows down your choices quite a bit.

black s13
12-02-2003, 06:00 PM
really?? that sucks... deadlines on the east coast are almost all january 15th. dammit, i wanted to leave the east, it sucks here....

balmo
12-02-2003, 06:51 PM
uc irvine got good engineering school. i got in their aerospace eng. program but i was to chicken to leave nor-cal.

S13SilviaGirl
I belive SDSU has a really good mechanical engineering program...also, it is one hell of a party school!:aw:

Sniper-X
I graduated from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles and they're a pretty good school. Their engineering program I can't really comment on because I was a Psychology Major. They're mostly a Liberal Arts school but my friends who were engineering majors said it was pretty good.

Maeda
12-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Don't get me started on LMU...

For engineering I hear its pretty good, but for what I went there for... >_<

If you wanna design cars come to my school ^_^

black s13
12-02-2003, 08:26 PM
maeda, please elaborate...

dori2 s13coupe
12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
sup... im a senior..... i heard that UCs and CALs extended the deadline till the 2nd... which still makes it late unless u have all your transcripts right now... and have everything to fill out the apps online.... double check at www.csumentor.edu .... college wise around here for an engineering school (im also trying to major in that field)... a nice JC school is Orange Coast College (OCC) ranked number one JC school in america... also cypress has a good program.... CAL wise is Cal Poly good ass school.... Cal Long Beach i heard has a pretty good program also.... UCs.. all of them are awsome.... your gonna be paying sum big buxs if u go to cal or uc because your out of state... but yeah check out that site... it will help u all the way through... goodluck....

Sniper-X
12-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Yes Maeda, please elaborate on LMU. What did you go there for?

Maeda
12-02-2003, 11:36 PM
Animation ^_-

As of now I go to ACCD doing illustration.