PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Headsets

ca18_luv
09-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Okay so i searched on the forum a little and didnt find a thread for this category.

Basically this thread is to inform others about headsets you own and have tested or to ask questions about headsets in which you plan to acquire.

I am talking more about console headsets however feel free to talk about pc ones as well.

Let me start this thread off by saying i dont own one and i would like to know if anyone has any info on the Turtle Beach XL1's? Getting into gaming again and my tv sound is horribe plus my 360 mic is broken.

If you have the XL1's how do they sound?
Are they comfortable?
Worth the 40 bucks?
Anything in comparison or what you would rather get?

ILoveMyRHS13
09-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I have Turtle Beach X11's and I absolutely love them.

ca18_luv
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I have Turtle Beach X11's and I absolutely love them.

What games do you mostly play? How does it hold up to those games? A buddy of mine had them but he said they make a clicking noise randomly alot and let him to return them. Could possibly be he had a bad one.

dazed
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Console or PC?

Since you said Turtle Beaches assuming console. They're....alright. Pretty budget. If you got the money, get Astro's. Best console headsets. I don't play console though, thats all coming from my MLG friend.

For PC, Razer makes good shit. I'm using some Logitech Precisions.

Also, does anyone still play CS:Source? If so post your steam.

ca18_luv
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Console or PC?

Since you said Turtle Beaches assuming console. They're....alright. Pretty budget. If you got the money, get Astro's. Best console headsets. I don't play console though, thats all coming from my MLG friend.

For PC, Razer makes good shit. I'm using some Logitech Precisions.

Also, does anyone still play CS:Source? If so post your steam.

Mainly talking about console, sorry bout that.

Ya my homie told me about astros but not really wanting to drop that much on my first set. However i could see how getting a really good one first time around is better so i only buy once.

Ive been hearing alot of good things about tritton as well.

BustedS13
09-25-2011, 06:47 PM
i have a nice sound system, but MW3 is coming out and my shitty headset is broken, so i've been thinking about getting those wireless sony headphones that just came out, anybody have those?

Amazon.com: Wireless Stereo Headset: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O/ref=pd_sim_vg1)

http://i.imgur.com/665hK.jpg

XxHybridx
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM
dont get wireless :[. cant tell you how many times our buddy has to step away to go look for batteries

BustedS13
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM
dont get wireless :[. cant tell you how many times our buddy has to step away to go look for batteries
the controller is wireless, so if i wasn't any good at plugging shit in, i wouldn't be able to play at all...

sickstatus
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
i been looking for a wireless as well.

i been wanting to try the x11s

DS562
09-25-2011, 07:36 PM
the X11's are the best bang for the buck if you're just playing online. i can hear everybody's footsteps crystal clear and can always tell which direction they are headed

ca18_luv
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
x11's are wired tho my dood. Wireless does seem cool but i would hate to have to change batteries considering that imma be using it alot and i have other ppl that will prob use it as well.

i heard the x11 were pretty good but the x12 is a night and day difference. Some say its cause the changed the speaker size from 40mm to 50mm

Im now debating on either picking up the xl1 or x12 tonight when im off work. I guess which ever target or walmart has i will be testing it out.

DS562
09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
best buy has them all. i've never tried the x12 but if they did expand the speaker by 10mm then i'd do that. whats the price difference?

ca18_luv
09-25-2011, 07:49 PM
bestbuy closes at 8 and im off at 8 -___- fml.

well amazon is showing both at around the same price which is 60 dollars. seems kind of off tho especially if its suppose to be the newer model. ive been reading on the internet that the cost of the x11 in stores is 40 and the x12 is 60.

dont know if its really worth the extra twenty tho for slight upgrades. seems like alot of good things about the x11

1on1
09-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Gaming Headset, Gaming Headphones | Astro Gaming Headsets (http://www.astrogaming.com)

a30 set :D

edit:
Wired

BOROSUN
09-25-2011, 08:14 PM
best of the best logitech all the way.

g930 for pc or f540 for console. wireless rules.

DS562
09-25-2011, 08:17 PM
i can only speak for the X11's and i forget which triton set. the triton had a detachable mic that was about the size of a bluetooth and kept fucking disappearing.

Swifty
09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I have Turtle Beach x41 and Astro A40.

-Turtle Beach are pretty nice and sound great but the aren't as comfortable as the Astro A40

-Astro A40 are amazing sounds super crisp and are very comfortable.

SochBAT
09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Astro A30/40.

I have a wired Platronics Gamescom headset, closed ear. It gets too hot and mic is always buggy. Wished i would've just dropped money on those Astros.

Bubbles
09-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I have the x11's, love em, can hear footsteps that I never noticed before.

Never played with astros or super high end shit, my virginity just isn't that strong.

Played with other cheaper sets and equally priced ones and they didn't really compare.

I won't upgrade unless these die for some odd reason.

HS_Ice_Man
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Check into the px5 by turtle beach. They may be pricey but worth every penny in sound and construction quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

silviaguy240
09-25-2011, 10:01 PM
i got some x31's off amazon last year for like 70 shipped, they were technically used since they were an open package return item, but when i got em they were brand new looking. i mostly got them for playing at night so i didnt wake anyone up but they work awesome for MW and whatnot. i dont play a whole ton, but the batteries last me like 2-4 weeks depending on how much i play.

SochBAT
09-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Going from the X11s to the Astros is a night and day difference though. The crispness the audio gives is insane.

ThatGuy
09-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Turtle Beach X31's for me.

Used almost exclusively for MW2 and Black Ops on 360.

No complaints. I keep a box of AAA batteries next to my controller recharger. When the headset starts to skip and click, I know the batteries are going out. Finish the round, swap in new batteries, keep playing. Not a huge deal.

Sound is nice. Mic works well.
Love the fact that there is a secondary volume control for other players voices. Allows me to still communicate with team mates, without their voices drowning out the tactical advantage of hearing footsteps, reloads, pin pulls, etc.

az24tsx
09-26-2011, 05:54 AM
I used the astro mixamp with some Audio Technica audiophile headphones and i must say it was pretty sweet.... You could hear people's footsteps on MW2 which is a huge advantage

Sent from EVO3D

Lrn2Go
09-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I have the Turtle Beach P11's (for the PC and/or PS3). I've been using them at work for skype calls, listening to music, all that kinda thing.

So far I'd say the base was fairly decent and the overall sounds is pretty clear. The mesh/cotton ear pads are comfortable and don't get hot. The people I talk with usually say that my voice is clear and easy to understand... so that's good. My biggest complaint so far has been that the bad on the top (that rests on your head) is glued into place and sometimes it will pull my hair when I take them off (and I have short hair). Other than that... it's been pretty cool for the price!

ca18_luv
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Okay so picked up the x12's last night and all I have to say is wow. Never thought it was gonna be this big of difference. Even te load up screen for gears I can hear sounds that I never knew where there.

As far as playing I can tell what kind of enemy is around what corner now by their footsteps and noises. Haven't tested on cod yet but I can only imagine how well they are.

Love the option to lower volume of game and chat with different knobs. Bass control knob is awesome as well.

As far as comfort I wore em for 6 hours last night and didn't even have to move them cause they are so comfy.

For 59.99 I recommend these. I can only imagine how well the Astros and trittons are opposed to these.

ThatGuy
09-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Never thought it was gonna be this big of difference. Even te load up screen for gears I can hear sounds that I never knew where there.

COD: Black Ops Multiplayer - I didn't realize they had a sound effect for the flys around the dumpsters until I got my headset. :ddog:

ILoveMyRHS13
09-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah my X11's really help while playing shooting games. I can hear when someone is running up behind me in Battlefield. It even helps me in Forza; I can hear where people are at or if they are going to pass.

They definitely make Dead Island scarier, though. There are so many creepy sounds in that game that you'd never hear without them. Definitely the best investment made for my video games.

ca18_luv
09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
COD: Black Ops Multiplayer - I didn't realize they had a sound effect for the flys around the dumpsters until I got my headset. :ddog:

Now imma listen for it. I know in gears 3 when u walk into the back room in the center of the market map you can hear the static of the tvs and electricity waves and such.

Such an awesome purchase not gonna lie

skysilvias13
09-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Triton AX-720 user here! The amp and true surround sounds make a BIG difference in both gears 3 and Black Ops. Even with that stupid ninja perk I can hear people around the map.

I thought turtle beaches were obsolete after buying these.

ca18_luv
09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Triton AX-720 user here! The amp and true surround sounds make a BIG difference in both gears 3 and Black Ops. Even with that stupid ninja perk I can hear people around the map.

I thought turtle beaches were obsolete after buying these.

I really do want to try a pair of trittons or higher brand ones now. To think how much just my pair of turtle beaches changed my gaming it would be crazy to try out one of the better pairs.

Also mine is just stereo sound. I would love to try out a pair of surround sound ones.

I love gaming once agian

s14>integra
09-27-2011, 05:12 PM
i feel like a loner since i have the Steel Series 5HV2 USB headset. i think its sounds awesome. haha. but i mostly use them for PC gaming. so i guess it's different.

SLiDe_WaYz
09-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Astro A30's if you want to use them for different things, A40's for straight gaming. There amazing and there not like turtle beaches. Astro's are far better you hear things more clear, the amp let's you tune how you want to play from voice-straight game noise. Some little kid screaming and too late to mute? Oh let me turn the knob to game. They also work for Pc, playstation, plain old tv, DVD, in the car, iPhones. I have a set of a30's and a40's the 40's are for gaming and I use my 30's for my iPod when working.

I've had X31,41, and 11's and I can tell you now the astro's are far superior.

I've also played xbox since I was 12, if your a casual gamer the turtles will suffice but if you play online tournaments go to events, or anything like that get the astro's.

I've had Astro's since 2001. And they still work perfect, I've upgraded to the newer sets yes but they still work flawlessly and there what 10years old?