PDA

View Full Version : 2way pulling when acclerating

negrosx13
09-25-2011, 12:38 AM
I know it might be stupid question to ask but i put in my kaaz 2way and since has been pulling mainly to the right. replaced w.e. needed replacing,got alignment and still pulling. I did read unmatched tires sizes ex(245/45 and 245/40,etc,etc) will making the car pull to 1 side or driving retarded. But in my case both tires are the same size but i notices that since i had a open diff 1 side is more wear down(still has some threads left but has reached its wear indicators). The other side the tire is in near mint(I replaced for a long trip a while back). I switched around the tires and now its pulling the opposite direction from before:facepalm:? Anybody had this happen to them even with welded diff

Again it just a question but i guess shows to prove that sensitive a locking diff is?

I google before posting

Dunkz
09-25-2011, 12:45 AM
yep, seen it plenty of times. Doesnt take much difference to cause this. Soon as you change your tyres it'll be all good. :)

ILoveMyRHS13
09-25-2011, 12:53 AM
I switched around the tires and now its pulling the opposite direction from before:facepalm:? Anybody had this happen to them even with welded diff
Seems like you figured out your own problem. Yes, the same thing will happen with a 2 way. A 2 way acts like a welded diff under hard acceleration because, well, it's locked. The tire that is smallest in diameter will spin faster, causing you to pull to that side.

negrosx13
09-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Thanks guys...Anyway im not crazy about the 2way,going to get a hlsd

rcdad123
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
fix the tire issue before you mess up the lsd.

PoorMans180SX
09-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys...Anyway im not crazy about the 2way,going to get a hlsd

You should sell me your 2 way on the cheap. BAHA.

negrosx13
09-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Tire fixed the problem,got equal tire to match the other. first in this morning......^^ shipping would be at least 50-70 bucks plus w.e. I want for the diff.. its still in very good working order.. plus Its has solid diff bushings cause its a s14 case