PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull F1 Publicity Antics

pacotaco345
09-23-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm sure almost everyone here has seen at least one of the Red Bull promo videos... Whether it be David Coulthard driving the car through the beach or Tom Cruise doing a few laps around Willow Springs. I personally find the videos themselves kinda corny, and the fact that they probably destroy a motor that cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars sucking in salt/dirt/dust whatever appalling, not to mention the millions that they probably spend just to prep everything and start the car. Anyways, that's my opinion, discuss...

revcyanide
09-23-2011, 11:19 AM
their money. who cares.

vas570sx
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
^this

/thread

ManoNegra
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
it's working.

Daniel.
09-23-2011, 11:23 AM
i have no clue wtf this is about, nor do i care.

although i'll reiterate the point that if you're talking about it, then the advertising company has accomplished exactly what they set out to do.

ThatGuy
09-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I had not seen nor heard anything about Red Bull F1, until you made this thread.

Their advertising is clearly working as it has now moved from television to word of mouth and social media.

They won.

HyperTek
09-23-2011, 12:07 PM
UyW8FdzH9dg
tom cruise

0tEHQJn_hxo
dirt lap around the new texas track they are building

Honestly nothing to complain about, they are promoting F1 to our country, USF1 team failed to even get anything done.

They are probably the biggest ($$$) self sponsored F1 team right now who are dominating (as much as I dislike vettel)
They take care of their drivers.

At least its not like Monster energy drinks bro-ing everything up making people believe Ken Block invented rally racing. lmao

Otto347
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Only thing I dont like is that Tom Cruise is a scientologist. Other than that its a fucking win for their marketing team. Dont be mad cause you cant piss away millions of dollars at a time.

Honestly nothing to complain about, they are promoting F1 to our country, USF1 team failed to even get anything done.

:werd:

They are probably the biggest ($$$) self sponsored F1 team right now who are dominating (as much as I dislike vettel)
They take care of their drivers.

They take care of anyone, my girlfriend worked with them a few years ago for some local stuff here in Tampa and as long as its promoting their shit they could care less what it cost (on certain levels taking into account the size of the event.)

At least its not like Monster energy drinks bro-ing everything up making people believe Ken Block invented rally racing. lmao

YES!

whiterps13
09-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I hadnt seen either of those. But they are fucking awesome.

Red Bull has gobs and gobs of cash to burn. Just watch "The Art of Flight", their new snowboarding video, and you will realize the amount of money they spend on logistics, heli fuel, cameras, etc. etc.

I think its great. This country needs to be more interested in F1. Having been to every F1 race held at Indy, the sport is insane to watch and by far the pinnacle of racing. Most people in this damn country probably havent even heard of F1, but could name 5 NASTYCAR drivers off the top of their head.

Who cares. Let them burn their money. Its not like high school kids are going to stop drinking that shit anytime soon. Plus, I doubt that lap did much harm to the engine. Have you seen the amount of sand and dust that was floating in the air at the primier race at Abu Dhabi? Comparable lol.

ManoNegra
09-23-2011, 05:33 PM
They take care of anyone, my girlfriend worked with them a few years ago for some local stuff here in Tampa and as long as its promoting their shit they could care less what it cost (on certain levels taking into account the size of the event.)

I wasn't too crazy about the way they treated Scott Speed
but considering where they're at right now
can't fault them
and Scott seems to be doing well

Its not like high school kids are going to stop drinking that shit anytime soon.

High school kids can afford that shit?
it isn't cheap

K_style
09-23-2011, 05:38 PM
They are quite crazy to run that thing in dirt road..

DrIvEsldEwAyS
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
amazing. im going to buy a redbull right now

HyperTek
09-23-2011, 06:52 PM
You are going to see redbull sponsored at just about every sport now, its crazy how much money a energy drink company makes..

Im sure more americans would give F1 a chance if it wasnt for 4am races lol. I think it just needs a better broadcast (get it off speed and onto network tv during noon time hours, but with better broadcast production similar to bbc's )

HyperTek
09-23-2011, 06:58 PM
lets not forget a few years ago They employed a few Imperial Storm Troopers for their team =p
http://specials.rediff.com/sports/2005/may/22sld3.jpg
http://www.noticiasdot.com/publicaciones/2005/0505/2005/cine/galeria-negre/images/redbull_star-wars-16.jpg
http://images.gizmag.com/hero/4058_23050585932.jpg
tho they sucked back than

Otto347
09-23-2011, 07:15 PM
^^^Thats why I like redbull, the drink is nasty but they dont mind spending money for cool shit.

TougeLove
09-23-2011, 08:14 PM
OP can you explain what visual aspects you find "corny" ?

And millions to start the car? proof? discuss...

Karlitos
09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
You are going to see redbull sponsored at just about every sport now, its crazy how much money a energy drink company makes..

I

I was just talking to some friends about this, how first tobacco use to sponsor sports, then theyre was a time alcohol did, and now energy drinks do. Its where the money's at i guess.

shishcabobers
09-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Don't know why you think its a huge waste of resources or money, these were made to increase fan base and revenue. Plus they are using their money for our enjoyment, how is that bad or wasteful? From what i've seen, they are the only team from F1 that are creating a momentum for interest for F1 in america in 2012.

anton1o
09-24-2011, 05:31 AM
I was just talking to some friends about this, how first tobacco use to sponsor sports, then theyre was a time alcohol did, and now energy drinks do. Its where the money's at i guess.

Strongly agree its progressed so far..

Malboro sponsoring Ferrari.
Johnnie Walker sponsoring McLaren.
Red Bull/Torro Rosso sponsoring Red Bull/Torro Rosso..

I do wonder what the 'next' big thing would be, could it turn into a Technology War?

Google v Apple, Apple v Microsoft? Cant wait for it tho as its another large shift in the way our world moves towards motorsports and it becoming a larger grossing sport.

Tearlessj
09-24-2011, 10:01 AM
I swear, every time I see someone use that "slo-mo" effect. It makes me want to shoot my brains out.

WanganRunner
09-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Why is this any different from spending $3 million for 30 seconds of Super Bowl advertisement air time?

It's just marketing, and it's GOOD marketing.

deolio
09-24-2011, 02:33 PM
i'd be pissed if i was one of their mechanics after that off roading crap.

and it is corny as hell.

pacotaco345
09-24-2011, 02:58 PM
OP can you explain what visual aspects you find "corny" ?

And millions to start the car? proof? discuss...

corny... horses chasing after a f1 car in the dirt?.. yeahhh

And it might not be millions to start the car, but to transport it out there, prep the roads to run it in the dirt, all the pre-start things (warming the oil, water, etc.. these cars like to be babied into life).. then trashing a motor by sucking in pounds of dirt, and burning through thousands of dollars worth in tires.. It cost a pretty penny to run one of these things.

WanganRunner
09-24-2011, 02:58 PM
i'd be pissed if i was one of their mechanics after that off roading crap.

You'd be pissed about being well paid to fly around the world and wrench on F1 cars?

HyperTek
09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Who wouldn't want to work on a winning team like redbull, mclaren or ferrari? Better than working with HRT, Virgin and teams that already know they have no chance of winning.

sidewaysil80
09-24-2011, 03:56 PM
prep the roads to run it in the dirt, all the pre-start things warming the oil, water, etc...

yeah buddy, prepping dirt LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. and yeah, i can't even imagine how much it costs to let that car sit at idle and warm up.

this is the stupidest thread out there. clearly you were hoping everyone would jump on board your hate train and follow your stupid STUPID logic.

these cars like to be babied into life.
really? i guess based on your previous statements you must be a subject matter expert.

and in case you didn't catch it, the horses weren't chasing an "f1" car...it's supposed to be a bull escaping from a stable (you know the brand...red bull)...hense them trying to lasso it and catch it as if it were a real bull.

pacotaco345
09-24-2011, 04:07 PM
yeah buddy, prepping dirt LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. and yeah, i can't even imagine how much it costs to let that car sit at idle and warm up.

this is the stupidest thread out there. clearly you were hoping everyone would jump on board your hate train and follow your stupid STUPID logic.

This is just MY opinion... I started this thread so people could express theirs. And do you think that whole dirt path was grated and smooth enough for an f1 car to run on before they shot this? Also, you don't just start a f1 car and let it idle to temp then take off. Have you ever seen pics of an f1 pit/garage? It looks like the car is in an emergency room with all the diagnostic stuff hooked up to it. These are EXTREMELY high strung machines built to run within a very narrow set a parameters. If I remember correctly there were instances where the cars would begin to overheat because of a 30 second pit stop. EVERYTHING has to go right for these cars to run. And if this is the stupidest thread out there then why did you waste your day reading/posting in it.

pacotaco345
09-24-2011, 04:11 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e392/pacotaco345/2007-Red-Bull-RB3-F1-Garage-1920x1440.jpg

These things just start right up.. Hop in and drive away right?

sidewaysil80
09-24-2011, 04:21 PM
These things just start right up.. Hop in and drive away right?

i went through the bmw formula 3 licensing/driving school at their track in manama, bahrain...and yes, start up, idle to optimum temps are reached/diagnostics are performed to ensure everything is functioning the way it should be, and drive away. granted formula 3 motors arent the same as formula 1 but i'm pretty sure it's the same procedures. my point is that you are bashing them because you don't like their commercials and felt the need to make a thread about it. but also, you tried to justify your argument by false statements and presumptions. (i.e. costing millions of dollars to prep/start the car LOL)

godrifttoday
09-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I want to be tom cruise and drive F1 cars better yet, did u see his awesome hair?

HyperTek
09-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Who's ready for this weekend!?
XZXrsDCxqv0

pacotaco345
09-24-2011, 06:52 PM
^^ I would like that if the button still existed -_-

And @ sidewaysil80, I think there's quite a big difference between a formula 3 car and a formula one car. If you google "Richard Hammond drives F1 car" you'll see how much of a step up it is.

fyneyoungstunna
09-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Pacotaco beat me to it. BIG differences in f3 to f1.

!Zar!
09-25-2011, 09:25 AM
OP has no idea what he is talking about, nor how advertising works.

But to keep on topic, they are using an essentially worthless chassis/engine setup for promotion. Win/win.

pacotaco345
09-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Uhhh... I know what I'm talking about and I know this is good promo, hell it got me to watch it. I just think it would work just as good flogging an F1 car through somewhere it belonged. Not necessarily a track but at the same time not the beach/gravel/dirt.. And as for it being a worthless chassis/engine, its still a carbon fiber monocoque with an engine filled with titanium that spins to 17 grand..

simmode1
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Jesus Christ... I am so sick of RedBull F1. Fucking lose already!

HyperTek
09-25-2011, 02:46 PM
they are about to clinch the championship

HyperTek
09-25-2011, 02:54 PM
well you redbull haters are in luck, there is rumor of secret techonolgy in their car.. redbull was pissed as hell when some fan video from the track revealed the underneath of their car (mark webber's car) when it was being lifted that revealed something.. Redbull had all teh fan youtube videos of that incident removed...

There is a hole feeding a double diffuser but it is fully legal
http://spontoncristiano.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/diffusore-red-bull.jpg?w=614&h=369

simmode1
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
God bless that fan. Gives me hope for next year. I stopped watching the 2011 season after the 3rd race.

Flexin
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
There is a hole feeding a double diffuser but it is fully legal
http://spontoncristiano.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/diffusore-red-bull.jpg?w=614&h=369

What exactly does this do?

articdragon192
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
From what I have been reading, diverts expelled exhaust towards the diffuser for more downforce.

anton1o
09-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Its a believed to be a secondary diffuser which creates more downforce, But last i hear Redbull have said its not a diffuser and the measurements that it has been made in are within the rule book.
Alot of teams are pissed aswell cause they tried similar ideas but were knocked back due to measurements of the unit.

http://www.formula1.com/wi/full/ta_article/ta_article_815.jpg