PDA

View Full Version : Help getting low, suspension questions. Camber plate, KW, noob, me.

alalala
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
My buddy was selling his s13 with kw varient 3s and told me I could trade coilovers before he sold it.

The ride is sooo much better, but I'm having trouble getting rid of my wheelgap.

The Function+Form Type 2s I had before were height adjustable from the body, and the kws adjust from the perch. I removed the helper springs and cut a bit of the bumpstops and it helped but I really want about an inch more.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking replace the strut mounts with ksport or tien pillow ball camber mounts because they seem to be shorter. Hopefully.

Thanks! Sorry for my newbness.
Car in question and the height I'm trying to get back to, I hope I don't have to sell em and get some better low friendly coils.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6149/6007085911_b0eb491c79_b.jpg

Philtrader
09-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Have you removed any other the collars?

jr_ss
09-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Should've kept the FF coilovers. KWs are not designed for extreme low, you're going to blow them at the height you are. They are designed for the track enthusiast, not the stance crew. Sell em and buy what you need for moar "low".

matts13vert
09-22-2011, 01:10 AM
^^^ this is sooooo true.. KW didnt design their coils for max lowness, they are for people after performance which usually means much higher height now a days...

Sell them or trade for some PBM or Stance if you want to go low.

not to mention you probably have like 1/4" of shock travel at that height on those coils..

alalala
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
^^^ this is sooooo true.. KW didnt design their coils for max lowness, they are for people after performance which usually means much higher height now a days...

not to mention you probably have like 1/4" of shock travel at that height on those coils..

I was thinking about that last night, and I realized the same thing. I have no shock travel.

Sell it is.
Thanks guys.

frifox
09-22-2011, 11:32 PM

+1 for PBM's... my tires are almost touching the fenders and rears can still go ~6" lower and fronts ~3" lower :trogdor:

DeeezwasRiceSauce
09-22-2011, 11:41 PM
air pressure... your ride is topped off with air pressure in the tires.. turn the motor on.. the car aint gona allow the strut to actually release the car.. cause you got 13psi too little (or your tires are too small)

jr_ss
09-23-2011, 10:27 AM
air pressure... your ride is topped off with air pressure in the tires.. turn the motor on.. the car aint gona allow the strut to actually release the car.. cause you got 13psi too little (or your tires are too small)

You're an idiot... Quit jacking up your post count by talking nonsense. If you want to contribute, help the guy out. Don't be a douche bag.