PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on mayweather fight?

zspeedrft
09-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Nuff said mayweather is a worthless fighter....

T chop
09-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I was in the middle of starting a post, I was going to say this

"Anyone watch the fight, if not watch the replays.

Mayweather is such a dirty fuck, yes Ortiz might have intentionally headbutted him but it wasn't that bad, if Mayweather is "Best fighter ever" he shouldn't have to win like that.

I don't think Cortez should ever ref again either, he's too old and he looked senile out there."

I didn't like Mayweather even before the fight, hes so cocky and has the poor mans syndrome.

lawrenceyang
09-17-2011, 10:44 PM
pretty dirty but ortiz should have kept his guard up

T chop
09-17-2011, 10:44 PM
lol and what does his little thing after the fight accomplish anyway? Probably just another way to duck Pacman questions.......

zspeedrft
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
If I was 50 years younger I would have kicked ur ass lol

4DOOR_LIFE
09-17-2011, 10:59 PM
good thing i didn't waste my time watching this fight.

w0nderbr3ad
09-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Poor sportsmanship. Legal hit but still a cheap win.

wangan_cruiser
09-17-2011, 11:07 PM
LOL THATS FUCKING DIRTY. HOLY SHIT.

i know win is a win but that shit is so fucking low LOL. i cant stop laughing

blitzsti22
09-17-2011, 11:10 PM
‎"wish I was 50 years younger, and I would kick your ass" - best quote ever, period

Om1kron
09-17-2011, 11:24 PM
I wish everyone who has something negative to say about mayweather being cheap has your pussies surgically changed into dicks. If that headbutt he threw at mayweather cut him or knocked him out and he won it would be a different story, just so happens the seasoned asshole won.

BOO FUCKING HOO.

HyperTek
09-17-2011, 11:24 PM
whos gonna photoshop some larry merchant vs mayweather posters? lol
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Z9khwYrHu5U/SvSw1lTII8I/AAAAAAAAC28/vGWuahgSuN8/s200/larry-merchant.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/Ri47oWYL_TI/AAAAAAAACFg/ZJzVVjNAfEw/s320/larry_merchant_234x246.jpg
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/floyd-mayweather-jr-larry-merchant.jpg

Om1kron your an idiot

Flipzide
09-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Mayweather Ortiz Post Fight Interview (Mayweather vs Larry) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogPjdrHHp4)

wow.. haha

lawrenceyang
09-17-2011, 11:32 PM
a better video of what happened before the cheap shot :
Was it a cheap shot? or rookie mistake? Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz 4th round KO - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFI4j3FaWYw)

fucking ortiz apologized like three times before getting clocked

ESone3
09-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Head butt's happen in almost every fight, not cheap shots.

tricky_ab
09-17-2011, 11:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6VmYVI7liwE/TnVxd6msalI/AAAAAAAAE74/SZT6xCZPZeI/s1600/8.gif

The gif really says it all, Floyd went for the cheapest of cheap shots. Ortiz's hands were all the way down to the ground and Floyd not only threw one but two punches. It also seemed like he was going with the apology and making up then out of no where throws the two punches. And the reason he was "going with the apology" was because he just tried to take Floyd's head off 5 seconds earlier with a jumping headbutt.

<-- Team Mayweather

Riq
09-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Like my wife says, until Mayweather stops running from Packman he's always going to be a pussified paper champ female. As far as Ortiz goes. Who cares? He was going to lose anyway. Floyd only fights people he knows he can beat.

/thread

HyperTek
09-17-2011, 11:52 PM
I say no to a rematch, mayweather saying that so he can milk some more profits from it.

Ref wasnt even looking, and when Ortiz got hit, looks like he looked at the ref like "did you see that?"

driftn_silvia
09-17-2011, 11:54 PM
It's definitely a cheap shot from Mayweather. Ortiz was still in the thought that they were on break after the, yes headbutt Ortiz landed. Mayweather saw the referee wasnt looking and went for it. Props for Mayweather for the W, but not the greatest fighter.

All I want to know is when Pacquiao going to step it up and beat the living hell of this Mayweather Jr?

roboticnissan
09-18-2011, 12:02 AM
How.was.that shot leGal? The.reff stopped the.fight right? But did.he ever start it again?

That's why the hit was dirty but why did the reff call the fight?

gunmetalr32
09-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Just look at the reff his face says it all

WTF!!!
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x198/ADRIANS13/IMG956765.png

driftn_silvia
09-18-2011, 12:07 AM
How.was.that shot leGal? The.reff stopped the.fight right? But did.he ever start it again?

That's why the hit was dirty but why did the reff call the fight?

I don't find the technicality of it, but i guess once they touched gloves it was good to go.

I always thought the ref is the one that starts the fight again, in my book is a cheap shot and that reff was bought out.

wangan_cruiser
09-18-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't find the technicality of it, but i guess once they touched gloves it was good to go.

I always thought the ref is the one that starts the fight again, in my book is a cheap shot and that reff was bought out.

i dont think they dID TOUCHED THE GLOVES. ortiz was trying to touch gloves with mayweather but cheapshot avoided and pretend listening then aim for the win.

watch closely

sw20>>s14
09-18-2011, 12:29 AM
it was perfectly legal...not very ethical, but legal...

if you watch the slow mos continuously from different angles...mayweather NEVER looks like hes going in for the hug...he nods it off and still has his hands up at all times...i think its ortiz' fault for not being in the right frame of thought, and obviously mayweather took advantage of that...

i mean, its not like he acted like he was going to touch gloves and then hit him...mayweather was always "on"...which is what ortiz should have been...im not condoning mayweathers tactics, but saying ortiz should have been more aware of mayweathers body language...

man, just seeing the shockwaves going through ortiz' body in the slo-mo from behind makes me cringe...

driftn_silvia
09-18-2011, 12:30 AM
yea that's true, i retract my statement. The reff like someone mentioned above gave a weak ass signal to start again. Sucks Victor didnt catch it and got caught.

I guess that's why the reff says " Protect yourself at all times".

gunmetalr32
09-18-2011, 12:34 AM
i dont think they dID TOUCHED THE GLOVES. ortiz was trying to touch gloves with mayweather but cheapshot avoided and pretend listening then aim for the win.

watch closely

Thanks... At lest someone noticed

tricky_ab
09-18-2011, 12:43 AM
yea that's true, i retract my statement. The reff like someone mentioned above gave a weak ass signal to start again. Sucks Victor didnt catch it and got caught.

I guess that's why the reff says " Protect yourself at all times".

This was the first thing they told me when I first went to the gym years ago. Oh and Ortiz essentially did the same thing to Gatti before...

revat619
09-18-2011, 12:53 AM
Mayweather was, is, and will always be a bitch. This doesn't surprise me.

Interesting though, how angry he got at the old dude. Sounds like somebody's got a guilty conscience....

aziankingz
09-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Shit is rigged..

starplatnumm
09-18-2011, 01:05 AM
moneys aint worth. pissed as f**k

Om1kron
09-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Om1kron your an idiot

hahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahaa

upsdude
09-18-2011, 01:43 AM
the ortiz headbutt didn't look accidental like he claimed. obviously mayweather was returning one dirty move for another. that being said it would have been better if he picked ortiz apart for the entire fight; kind of like what gsp did to josh koshcheck-he would have looked like the bigger man. but whatever the canela fight rocked

BOROSUN
09-18-2011, 01:51 AM
lol at the ref.

ortiz got what he deserves. motherfucker went motherfukkin care bears. hugging and caring bullshit. its either you lose by a million points or go war savage fighting. its actually a good plan against a man-childbrain mayweather. it opens up his offense more and loading up for harder punches. that's the kind of game you want him to play.

mkezzo16
09-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Ortiz and refs fault. I dont agree with mayweather but i understand cuz that was a dirty ass headbutt, and they touched gloves twice, and the ref shouldnt have allowed them to get that close he should have made them back up n cleary signaled for them to restart. Thats why ortiz wasnt mad cuz he know he had it coming

Cheesy Doriftos
09-18-2011, 02:20 AM
protect yourself at all times

ySmvJntVruw

cortez CLEARLY says at 3:22 "LET'S GO"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6VmYVI7liwE/TnVxd6msalI/AAAAAAAAE74/SZT6xCZPZeI/s1600/8.gif

cortez already ordered the fight to continue. (even points to the timekeeper to start the clock)

they both touch gloves

mayweather puts his guard up then ortiz goes in to HUG mayweather, leaves his guard down, then mayweather rocked him

absolutely dumb by ortiz, but that's what he gets for that dirty headbutt.

http://iof3.imgkeep.com/i/00060/b0ayqelboqqm.gif

WERDdabuilder
09-18-2011, 02:23 AM
shit was legit. ref said "lets go"

getting the mexicans all riled up ha.

Banana_Cute
09-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Ortiz head butts

Ref stopped the fight

Ortiz apologize

Ref clocked them in

Ortiz touch glove and want to hug after.

Mayweather just took ADVANTAGE of the situation. Its no dirty fighting there. You take the advantage when you can. That's all.

Im no Money fan, all i see is this win just opened the door for that historic fight between Money and Pacman

wonpoo
09-18-2011, 04:36 AM
HAHAHAH this thread is HILARIOUS!!!! i didnt watch the fight but DAYUM!!!! Ortiz got what he deserves THis is Boxing no hugging and sensitive shiit! go all out!!!
Not a Mayweather fan, but he was the smart one in this fight.

Ortiz got caught headbutting, and got what he deserved.

Mikey213
09-18-2011, 04:45 AM
CLASSIC! I LOVED THIS! Ortiz was on a stupid rage! Boroson is right and Cheesy is on point! This was not a worthy fight to test Mayweather's skills at all! Horrible boxing on the other end. Throughout the whole 4 rounds!

Om1kron
09-18-2011, 05:06 AM
the last 4 posts to this thread are the only ones that have any intelligence behind them, the rest were made by pac man fans.

Phlip
09-18-2011, 07:29 AM
I am to understand, reading this thread, that punching a man in a boxing match after the ref has signaled to fight constitutes dirty fighting?
Furthermore, this all adds up to an otherwise unmentioned Manny Pacquiao - who by the way was not involved in this fight - being superior despite the fact that he too punches people after being signaled to do so?

I swear, the more I think I know the less I really know

roboticnissan
09-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Does someone have video of.reff restarting the fight? I guess I missed it.

Even if he did start the.fight again, they shouldn't have been that close to eachother to begin with,

Bad reffing and a stupid ortiz mistake got him the loss.

Banana_Cute
09-18-2011, 10:57 AM

Even if he did start the.fight again, they shouldn't have been that close to eachother to begin with,

Cheesy dorifto posted a very clear video but it got taken down. Anyways, They were both a good space apart when the ref said "lets go", Ortiz touched Money's glove then he wants to hug after. So yeah.

That just happened.

Gnnr
09-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I saw the fight live.

Ortiz was a dumbass for:

1. Provoking Mayweather with a dirty move.

2. Expecting Mayweather (knowing his personality) to be all cool moments after

3. Going in for a hug after tapping gloves.

I'm not even a Mayweather fan. But the way I see it every sport needs a person/team to hate. He enjoys being the villain, and hell the fight was entertaining because of the drama.

Its all hype anyways (all these Pac and Mayweather fights) until the big dance. There is a certain scripted element to boxing. Floyd was going to win it anyways.

Antigini
09-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Ortiz hugged AND kissed Mayweather. Okay, you've said you're sorry, now put up your hands and protect yourself. Taking advantage of a situation where your opponent is weak by his own decisions isn't a cheap shot, its smart.

Cheesy Doriftos
09-18-2011, 11:42 AM

w4AF7PzvGgo

florante rea
09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Mayweather is equivalent to maggots infected vagina! Pacman will destroy that punk bitch.

T chop
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
As the "best fighter ever" though, he shouldn't have to do that. When he hit him the first time I thought it was like a "were even type shot", Ortiz looked at the ref like wtf and then Mayweather hit him again with his guard down.

I think before this happened Ortiz was actually coming on too. Mayweather was probably all upset because all his fair "power punches" were ineffective against Ortiz.

simmode1
09-18-2011, 12:04 PM
As a Martial Artist, I see nothing wrong with what Mayweather did and I wish more boxers would do similar tricky shit. This is a martial art. Once you step into that ring, you need to be on guard and prepared to ANYTHING. Don't sit back relying on rules and regs to protect you. Rules and reg might get your opponent DQ'd, but not save you from getting knocked out.

I really dislike clinical & sterile combat exhibitions that don't leave much room for innovation. This was a clever & personable win. And liked it. Alot.

frsh4
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
my thoughts on the bout
-"protect yourself at all times"
-why did he feel it was necessary to apologize THREE times?
-i hated the way it ended, cheap shot[s] ferrrsuuuurree but a win is a win.
-i would like a partial refund lol.

upsdude
09-18-2011, 12:12 PM
I really dislike clinical & sterile combat exhibitions that don't leave much room for innovation. This was a clever & personable win. And liked it. Alot.

good point...i mean the point of a fight is to hurt a guy until he stops trying to hurt you isn't it? regardless of the technicalities, i just see it as a low class move that mayweather could have handled differently IMO. if anything it's his childish tirade after the fight that confirms he's a douchebag.

greeneyes89
09-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Man nobody can talk shit.The way i feel is that once your up there in the ring your only motive is to win the fight and get paid and try not to get hit as much as possible.Ortiz might of headbutted Mayweather but i think it was hios adrenaline reaction due tohis impatience of landing some clean punches for the scoreboard.Obviously he fucked up but Mayweather was slickier and wiser in a way. Ive got to hand it to both of them(even though im not a mayweather fan)."never let your guard down in boxing"especially when your facing a loud/cocky shit talking oponent"....

Cheesy Doriftos
09-18-2011, 12:23 PM
i hope they don't do a rematch. it's just a waste of everybody's time. even before the KO mayweather was on his way to a comfortable lead.

mayweather is clearly just in a different class than ortiz.

http://i.imgur.com/20bkx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QZI5o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w7WoO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2wftX.jpg

simmode1
09-18-2011, 12:38 PM
good point...i mean the point of a fight is to hurt a guy until he stops trying to hurt you isn't it?
And see, that's why I don't care for Boxing much or tournament martial arts... The mentality of the "Sweet Science" seems to imply the Boxing has elevated above more common forms of fighting and thus are above using techniques outside of the straight forward approach to fisticuffs.

Fuck that. A fight is a fight. Boxing is just your preferred style. Stay in your style, but innovation is the key to survival.

I'm sure some will disagree, but this is just my perspective since I practice a style that focuses not on neccessarily hurting your opponent, but strongly encourages clever fighting & tricking your opponent into their own loss.

roboticnissan
09-18-2011, 12:54 PM
w4AF7PzvGgo

Cheesy you.are the fucking.man.

Ortiz got knocked out legitimately, I.didn't notice that at all,

Here are the.facts:

Ortiz headbutts me
reff takes a point away
Mw is pissed and knocks him out asap once reff resumes fight.

totally legal. no one can talk shit on Mw for this.fight, dude was pissed. if ortiz hands were up he still woulda.got.cracked. maybe he wouldn't.have got knocked out but he.shoulda been on his.guard.

jamg
09-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Victor knows he made the costly mistake at the end of the match too.

via post fight interview, he didn't have anything bad to say other than "it happens"

freaking idiot. i feel bad for whoever paid to watch it.

and plus, during the fight, victor tried to headbutt floyd 2 other times.

upsdude
09-18-2011, 12:59 PM
speaking of clever fighting techniques, my favorites are roger huerta using the jumbotron to help him elbow his opponent in the head LOL (forgot who he fought)

and the japanese guy that did some funky move straight out of street fighter II to submit anderson silva

VLOet4V6fio

curbhuggerrps13
09-18-2011, 01:06 PM
lol hug..... apologize after the fight ...until then keep your guard up.

simmode1
09-18-2011, 01:24 PM
and the japanese guy that did some funky move straight out of street fighter II to submit anderson silva
Hahaha... The old Scissor leg takedown... Great at surprising ppl, but if you fuck up, you're dead... lol

I'm glad MW ended the fight fast. Fuck the ppl who think they didn't get their $ worth. I hate fights that go the distance. It usually means they've both been sand bagging it for 11 bullshit rounds. I want fighters coming out the gate planning to end things as quick as possible.

I miss Iron Mike...:wtc:

Cheesy Doriftos
09-18-2011, 01:39 PM
most of the people i know that paid for the fight said they got their $ worth.

the mayweather/ortiz controversy overshadowed the great undecard that night.

http://www.boxingfutures.com/sites/default/files/MoralesCano_Hoganphotos(2).jpg

tricky_ab
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I am to understand, reading this thread, that punching a man in a boxing match after the ref has signaled to fight constitutes dirty fighting?
Furthermore, this all adds up to an otherwise unmentioned Manny Pacquiao - who by the way was not involved in this fight - being superior despite the fact that he too punches people after being signaled to do so?

I swear, the more I think I know the less I really know

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

Om1kron
09-18-2011, 04:39 PM
During the fight, victor tried to headbutt floyd 2 other times.

Yeah nobody saw that because they have pacman eyes... any hit against mayweather is a good hit fuck him, owe my pussy hurts. wah wah.

most of the people i know that paid for the fight said they got their $ worth.

the mayweather/ortiz controversy overshadowed the great undecard that night.

http://www.boxingfutures.com/sites/default/files/MoralesCano_Hoganphotos(2).jpg

I wasn't paying attention but I just saw a flurry of punches and the ref was like fight over and they did the replay I was laughing my ass off dude was mad the fight was stopped but in the replay dude got his ass socked across the ring into the ropes not hitting back once and then is like no dont stop ref I'm good and tries to walk and almost falls down. I was laughing so damn hard.

HyperTek
09-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Om1kron your an idiot. Enough with the Pacquiao calls.

aziankingz
09-18-2011, 05:40 PM
You all know boxing is as rigged as WWF these days right? They might as well start giving out boxers corny ass nicknames and dress them in silly costumes..

ov1989
09-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Mayweather was, is, and will always be a bitch. This doesn't surprise me.

Interesting though, how angry he got at the old dude. Sounds like somebody's got a guilty conscience....

Idt he will ever fight pacman cuz he won't know how to handle a loss...wat true bitch

Phlip
09-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Victor Ortiz beaten by himself, not Floyd Mayweather - News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Victor-Ortiz-Floyd-Mayweather-headbutt-091711)
I agree with Kriegel on this one.

I am convinced that for some people, there will just be no blaming of Ortiz for making the dumbest of dumb moves in the ring by not FIGHTING when told to fight.
I am convinced - as in I would bet money - that Pacquiao and Mayweather will never actually fight each other. There is entirely too much discourse that comes in them NOT fighting each other now. The amount of conversation surrounding who they fight that is not one another seems to get enough hits on internet stories, enough pay-per-view buys and sells enough merchandise to the point where they don't even HAVE to fight. Who needs to fight when you can make a ton of cash talking about fighting?

Boxing in general has been a joke since the heavyweight division went to shit

ManoNegra
09-19-2011, 08:49 AM
the more I think about it
the more I believe the whole thing was staged
never seen anyone happy to have lost a fight in such manner as Ortiz was

Highway Riding
09-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Mayweather is good at what he does. Now with that said it's disgusting to reward his type of behavior with the huge paydays he gets.... The media will have you think he is one of the greatest ever when he hasn't fought the other greatest.... IMHO he is the product of the media at it's worst. Mayweather has bad hands and people will be lucky to see him fight in another year at best! Thx god i'm a UFC and MMA diehard so i'll be entertained with real fights...

ALTRNTV
09-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I have never liked Mayweather and I never will, but Ortiz should have protected himself at all times, he lost that fight, no matter the way in which he did.

He started with the "dirty move" first and got clocked for it.

conrad_s13.5
09-19-2011, 09:57 AM
nice guys finish last

Cheesy Doriftos
09-19-2011, 10:00 AM
never seen anyone happy to have lost a fight in such manner as Ortiz was

ortiz has a history of quitting

5tHoIKZCsOE

i think by the 3rd round, he knew in his mind he would not be albe to break floyds defense and just wanted an easy way out.

Thx god i'm a UFC and MMA diehard so i'll be entertained with real fights...

grown men rolling on the round dry humping and 69'ing each other is so entertaining bro.

Om1kron
09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Om1kron your an idiot. Enough with the Pacquiao calls.

MOTHERFUCKER IF YOU'RE GOING TO CALL ME A FUCKING IDIOT PLEASE USE THE RIGHT FUCKING VARIATION OF THE GODAMNED ENGLISH WORD YOU STUPID FUCK. You seriously made 2 posts in this thread telling me I'm an idiot in response to PACMAN bashing but you want to dedicate a thread to saying mayweather is a cheater and too pussy to fight pacman, dude seriously go grab your moms plug in dildo and go charge your asshole with it you fucking douchebag.

Secondly don't go fucking calling me names on a godamned internet forum when you have the potential to get called on it in person you little bitch. I did not direct anything to you in this thread and that's the last time I will address you on the matter.

Phlip
09-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I do see the above outburst, and I will not act upon it because it was provoked by the person being screamed upon...

So no one bother reporting it

!Zar!
09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CPU9mFjV3bk/Tk_CWyv-ZmI/AAAAAAAAAJY/ukTMfy3HgZ4/s1600/facebook_like_button.jpg

Matej
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Fighting is for primitives.

aziankingz
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
What ever happened to that like feature on the forums? I guess not many people liked it..

Banana_Cute
09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Soooo

Lets put a pin on this thread already. We'll just wait and see on that historic bout.

!Zar!
09-20-2011, 12:58 AM
0h hai!

Video: Crazy Karma: Victor Ortiz DQ'd For Real Sucker Punch In Fight! (Throwback Footage) (http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh2Q4HBXJ58BK72Gzk)

simmode1
09-20-2011, 10:15 AM
^^^Haha! Good find!

STR8 H8N
09-20-2011, 10:18 AM
2.5 Million Is Not A Bad Payday (http://thedirty.com/2011/09/2-5-million-is-not-a-bad-payday/)

STR8 H8N
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
How Did Floyd Mayweather’s Fiancee Know The Fight Would End In The 4th Round (http://thedirty.com/2011/09/how-did-floyd-mayweathers-fiancee-know-the-fight-would-end-in-the-4th-round/)