PDA

View Full Version : MA Datsun 1977 280z $5,000 OBO for sale

Sito
09-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Datsun 1977 280z Sold Sold Sold, thanks for looking everyone!

I have for sale a 1977 280z Datsun with a 1983 f54/p79 block/head motor in it. The current motor swap makes a good bump in power for the car and I feel these cars from the factory should have come like this.

Reason for selling: I’m moving and my new place no longer has a garage, I don’t have the heart to keep her in a non garaged environment.

Asking Price: Sold Sold Sold, thanks for looking everyone!

History of the Vehicle: purchased this car at the beginning of the summer for $4500 and had it shipped over from Las Vegas for $1000. The car was owned by Jim Koch in Vegas who did the motor/transmission swap on the car less than a year ago. Jim had bought the vehicle in 2010 from another seller in Vegas. It has been a West Coast car all its life.

Milage: Current Odometer reading shows 19k but its rolled over so its 119k. Motor has less than 60k and since refresh less than 3k.

Current Condition: Running, there is a small leak in the Brake Master Cylinder so I’m getting that replaced. (Not taking any chances with brakes)
Motor pulls strong without any issues.
4 new tires with 90% tread left.
Heater core is currently bypassed because I noticed a small leak in one of the cabin hoses, this is an easy fix just replace the hose, if the buyer wants I can replace the hose and re hookup the heater lines.
No AC installed, I have ac parts but they are not currently in the car these will go along with the sale of the car.

Exterior: The car has clean metallic green paint, a lot of people say its very close to or is BRG (British Racing Green) I would say the paint on this car is ok/good. I am very picky about paint so it would probably be more so on the side of good. The car was repainted 3 years ago so it is new paint but it needs a good waxing and go through. I have not had the time to fully wash/clean the car. So as it sits now it’s a bit dirty. It has MSA front fiberglass spoiler and stock bumpers. Body has a few dings/dents and MSA front fiberglass spoiler (Same color) has some small chips in it. Bumpers are perfect, new chrome no holes dings or dents.

Body: Zero rust on this car, this is the reason I bought it even if you want to pick this car up as a shell it would be a great start for a full restoration/rebuild. The car still has the factory antirust undercoating (although I would recommend stripping that and resealing it sometime in the future.) Gas tank was reboiled by owner before Jim.

Details:
Motor: 1977 280z with 1983 f54/p79 block/head
Motor was recently refreshed (by previous owner Jim) with new rings, bearings, gaskets and a valve job. Less than 3k miles on the motor since refresh.
Headers
Mild cam
TWM big throat throttle body.
Walbro 255 fuel pump I recently put in a higher flow Walbro 255 fuel pump
Also Brand New Battery

Transmission: 5 speed zx trans with 280zx turbo clutch and flywheel.

Suspension: MSA performance springs, tockico struts and poly bushings.

Exhaust: 6 into 1 header through a converter into ultra high flow muffler.

Brakes: Stock brake setup, new pads all around.

Wheels: Enkei 92 Mesh 16x7 wheels

Interior: Interior is ok it has a dashcap (I haven’t gotten a chance to take off the cap and see how the condition of the original dash is)
Seats are very clean except for a small seam splitting in the drivers seat.
Clean center console with no cracks decent black carpet and clean door panels.
Grant Steering Wheel.

Parts: If I get my asking price I will throw in a big brake kit S12 Toyota truck calipers with cross drilled rotors and Stainless Steel Brake lines for free with the car. (Not installed pictures are in Photobucket)

Photobucket link to pictures and videos: Pictures by psito - Photobucket (http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb441/psito/)

Craigslist ad: Datsun 1977 280z 5,000 OBO (http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2603352885.html)

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb441/psito/1IMAG0619.jpg

evoLuzN
09-17-2011, 10:40 PM
tempting.... old school classic~!!* free bump

zspeedrft
09-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Man I miss my z...don't sell it ull regret it!

SoulAmazing
09-17-2011, 11:47 PM
wow color is great glws

Sito
09-18-2011, 06:21 AM
Thanks for bumps, I don't want to sell it but I'm sure I'll be getting another one in the future. I just can't let this car get destroyed by new england weather there are too few of these left around as they are.

Sito
09-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Someone's got to want a classic Z car!

makaofox
09-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Seriously would trade my z32TT for this T_T. I have my ad up and im looking for an s30. Great car man. If I sell my TT in time I will definetely come down and take a look at it. Good luck!

Sito
09-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Seriously would trade my z32TT for this T_T. I have my ad up and im looking for an s30. Great car man. If I sell my TT in time I will definetely come down and take a look at it. Good luck!

If I still have it when you're looking you're more than welcome to come take a look

Don't be afraid to make offers people!!!

Sito
09-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Back up for sale, had a pending buyer who put down a deposit but he backed out without even coming to look at the car... Taking offers.

catthefish
09-24-2011, 04:55 PM
minty freshness

Sito
09-24-2011, 05:20 PM
minty freshness

hah my gf calls the car "gumby" I always referred to it as a her, but the name gumby really stuck.

Sito
09-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I added some new pictures to the photobucket album
Pictures by psito - Photobucket (http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb441/psito/?start=all)