PDA

View Full Version : anybody work/live near beale AFB????

Sideways570sx
09-16-2011, 07:07 PM
i might be taking a job there, that will have me there for 6 months to a year, then i will probably get to move back down to Socal, but anyway whats it like i up there? what is there to do? it looks like there is pretty much nothing there, which is kinda depressing...but at 7k a month to get trained up there...for a 23 year old with no degree and only military experience, its hard to pass up now-a-days...let me know what kinda input you guys have...thanks.

fliprayzin240sx
09-17-2011, 05:29 AM
It fucking sucks up there. Just like you said, absolutely nothing up there. The town outside the base is called Marysville. The highlight of your life out there is a damn K-mart. Sacramento is 45 mins to an hour away, that would be your get away. Travis AFB is about an hour and a half, Bay Area is another 45 mins after that.

I was stationed in Travis and I used to go up to Beale to see a buddy of mine. You got 2 base gates. Ones a perimeter gate and then you got another gate to get into where everything is at. Gate to gate is about a 15 min drive and you have cows roaming all over the base. I might be up there in the next few months for some equipment training.

scuba_steve91
09-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Yep, he got it pretty much spot on. I'm stationed there, and the location blows. You'd pretty much have to drive like an hour away to get to all the nice areas. I want to go to Travis!

fliprayzin240sx
09-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Shit, I always thought Command HQ bases would be the shit. I'm in Langley and ACC Command is here...needless to say, this base fucking sucks. Travis is better than this base in every way possible. The BX blows, the commissary is lame, services doesnt have jack shit on this base, then there's still the fact that the auto hobby shop here is the worst hobby shop I've seen in my 11 yr career.