PDA

View Full Version : the new AWD G35

s13driver
11-29-2003, 06:15 AM
so what are your opionion on the new Infiniti AWD G35 ? i saw a commercial of it last night and it mentioned AWD and i know that it was suppose to RWD so i went to the website and check it out and i can say if it does what they say it can do, it should be pretty fun to drive. what are your thoughts ?

brianglawson
11-29-2003, 06:28 AM
gets closer to being a true skyline successor(sp?) everyday...

~Brian~

vapor_skank
11-29-2003, 06:38 AM
it will never be the same without the GTR.:bash:

Zemus
11-29-2003, 07:35 AM
To bad they only come in 4 door AWD, not to Door :-/

brianglawson
11-29-2003, 07:41 AM
i thought i read somewhere that the 2 door awd is coming next year, or in the near future......
~Brian~:confused:

Warwick5s
11-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by brianglawson
i thought i read somewhere that the 2 door awd is coming next year, or in the near future......
~Brian~:confused:

i'm not sure if they'll come out with a non-gtr awd 2-door, and the gtr has been pushed back until 2007 IIRC.

but i've seen pics of a g35 coupe with massively flared rear wells and a big ass spoiler testing at lotus' test track - supposedly the gtr test mule. so i think the driveline is probably pretty close to being done and they're just fine tuning everything, along with figuring out wtf it's going to look like. i think we're supposed to see it sometime early next year.

oh, and as for it being a true skyline successor - all the other skylines came in a 2 and 4 door RWD version, why shouldn't this one? they're finally releasing the GTR worldwide so they're taking their time to do it right.

Phlip
11-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Does anyone remember the SCC article late last year where they'd gotten their hands on a 350Z to tune before the car had actually hit the streets and their car became the test mule for JIC's coilovers and exhaust? The took special notice and mentioned that the FRONT hubs appeared to be set in a manner that would suggest that nissan's future plans would include AWD for that or a future car... Anyone such as myself would give a damn and know the driveline similarites between the G35 (2 and 4-door) and the Z and this new AWD G35 is obviously my own and SCC's bright idea come to fruition... Think about it like this, greddy's twin turbo kit came out on for the 350Z recently, why wouldn't that fit on the VQ35 also installed in the G35? Not a manual/2-door, you complain? How many people join me in beliving the 6-speed/AWD combination will be coming sometime before the end of 2005? Now look at it this way; Nismo helped the production of that Greddy turbo kit, so it SHOULD be available from any Nissan dealership. Better yet, think of what a MONSTER it would be if it were an option on the G or the Z? Okay, it's after 2am and I am tired of thinking about this, it's been on my mind since I saw the commercial earlier this week...

DarkRaptor42
11-30-2003, 12:50 PM
i think phil is right. g35 tt with awd is starting to make me think my sti just aint gonna cut it here pretty soon.

The ROMAN
11-30-2003, 01:57 PM
I was looking at the infiniti website a while back and it said the new 35x is going to have an adjustable center diff - meaning you can go from 50/50 power front and rear all the way to 100% rear wheel drive

No Motiv
11-30-2003, 06:02 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/ult/no_motiv/skyline.gif

Even though no one thinks of the G35 as a skyline, and often people (stupid People) that i know claim that it is not a skyline and is just some infiniti this wont be helping my point to make when i cant pull up the JP website of NIssan...

AWD... sounds like fun...lets go......Hmmm R32 any one?

Phlip
11-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by DarkRaptor42
i think phil is right. g35 tt with awd is starting to make me think my sti just aint gonna cut it here pretty soon. Dude, I don't have an STI, and as a matter of fact I damn near killed myself wrecking my 240 in June, but the very thought of an AWD TT VQ35 gives me wood... Makes me wish I hadn't spent the money I have made this year.

masta
12-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I have an actual Japanese Skyline (G35) Brochure.

According to it, only the Sedan had the 4WD option which only had the VQ25DD (NEO Di) engine and was known as the 250GT FOUR.

So we get the Sedan with the VQ35DE and the Japanese do not it seems. :) But then again my brochure could be outdated. It is the 67 page one with the Optional Parts Catalog.